Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to Shonen: That is Not Dead Which can Eternal Lie  (Read 9116 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Shonen:Sign-ups 5/5: Waitlist Open!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 06:45:46 pm »

Alright, I've copied your character sheets and I'm taking a look at them now.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 07:18:21 pm »

Name: Charlmange The IX
Sex: Yes.
Appearance: Extremely short and clean cut black hair. Dark, Chocolate-colored skin that contrasts with his hazel-green eyes and white teeth. Tall, lean build. Usually wears a t-shirt, jeans, black "Bronx" Hoodie and Adidas.

Bio: The hood. A place that looks like poverty and desperation, while secretly controlled by deciet and corruption. This was where Charlmange was born unto. But of course, Charlmange was not a name that you could build a lot of street cred' around. As he aged, it was shorted to Charles, and finally C.J. So life was good, at least in his opinion. Then, at the age of 15, his only brother was killed in a drive-by by a drug gang. C.J. knew he was innocent, but he never knew if his deceased brother was just an unlucky bystander or killed in a case of mistaken identity. C.J. vowed for revenge. And that's when it happened.

C.J. realized he could see into the minds of others. He knew he was a mind-reader. But he wasn't, he was more. He realized he could actually hijack the conciousness of weak-minded people, altering their actions. Soon, the entire drug gang that had been involved in the murder of C.J.'s brother all comitted grotesque and painful suicides. The cops ruled it out as a cult action, but C.J. knew better. C.J. didn't kill anyone after that, but his friends and foes alike both noticed that anyone who opposed C.J. were met with strange happenings. A kid who shoved C.J. one day somehow jumped down a flight of stairs and broke his leg. Another one who spread rumors of C.J. started making rediculous bets leaving him devoid of any money. C.J. knew they respected and feared him. He was never arrested or threatened. He took up philosophy and poetry, and for the most part didn't have to resort to his mind-control. An ad hoc quote from a greek philosopher in a deep voice was enough to send people running. He was called 'Devil-Child' and 'Voo-doo Wizard' behind his back. He knew this and did not stop it, as it only strengthed his image of intimidation. C.J. did not want to be C.J. anymore. He was no longer controlled by the Bronx, the Bronx was controlled by him. And so he became Charlmange the IX again, a name only worthy of royalty and power.

Shortly after turning 17, the mayor committed suicide. Charlmange knew he did not do this, but the community pointed their fingers at him. One night, a group of thousands all over the Bronx: Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Asians, Christians, Muslims, Athiests, Buddhists, The Old, The Young, Gangsters, Policemen, etc. all formed a mob to topple the king who had gone too far. And Charlmange could not stop them; he had only done mind-control on materialistic and weak-minded individuals before, and could not do anything to alter the collective will of an entire burough. When all seemed lost, the few but loyal remaining friends Charlmange had snuck him out of the city, and eventually New York via a car.

Charlmange had not used his powers since. But now he feels his mystical energy flowing again, as if destiny is calling for him...

Attributes :
-Strength: 1
-Endurance: 2
-Agility: 3
-Spirit: 6
Powers/Skills/Passive abilities:
Conscience Hijack - Similar to Mind-Control, the main difference is Conscience Hijack is influenced by the Wisdom and Will of the target, as well as by the user.
Improbable Weapon Master - Charlmange can start a fight unarmed and be armed to the teeth in a matter of seconds. He can wield a brick, chair or lamp as easily as a grand master duelist handles his blade.
Charisma - Charlmange knows how to utilize emotions, whether he does them through charm or intimidation.
Items:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:12:20 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 11:53:21 pm »

I've sent out the sheets, now is the time to submit complaints.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 12:11:52 am »

Ok, sent my answer, now I'm going to sleep. Good night.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Shonen:Sign-ups 5/5: Turn coming when I write it right
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 07:38:38 am »

*Sits impatinetly*
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 10:27:01 am »

*Sits impatinetly*
*Throws turn away*
"IT MUST BE PERFECT!"
*Rewrites turn*

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 12:35:24 pm »

Oh the suspense D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Shonen:Sign-ups 5/5: Turn postponed indefinately
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 03:26:36 pm »

Interest check. Going for an update Sunday, need to know who's still interested.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 03:35:57 pm »

Yes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 03:40:02 pm »

Me.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 03:49:11 pm »

Yo.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 06:17:49 pm »

Pretty sure that's everyone.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4