Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Arena Multiplayer  (Read 1447 times)

xoseph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Arena Multiplayer
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:57:33 am »

So, please tell me if this has been done through mods or there is a feasible way to play it but what about:

Hot-seat Arena Mode, in which one or more players can face off with custom creatures, grabbing throats and stabbing eyes.

Man it would be so fun.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:46:24 pm »

This is a good idea and probably the only form of Dwarf Fortress multiplayer that could actually work.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:08:55 am »

I agree. This seems like the simplest and most agreeable multiplayer I've heard.
Plus... Master SwordsDwarf with full adamantine armor, matching sword and shield slaugtering armies of bunnies...
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 11:17:15 am »

Most forms of multiplayers are FEASIBLE.

Arena is just the simpler and most convenient. But I think Toady won't do any for of multiplayer for a while.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

xoseph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:39:26 pm »

I agree. This seems like the simplest and most agreeable multiplayer I've heard.
Plus... Master SwordsDwarf with full adamantine armor, matching sword and shield slaugtering armies of bunnies...

. . . until one of those bunnies latches on firmly

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 11:38:58 am »

. . . until one of those bunnies latches on firmly

Or... GETS THROWN!!!
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 02:52:34 am »

The main issue comes from having both different speeds and simultaneous turn based at the same time. Of, say, the civilization games that I've played, all have simul turn-based available for multiplayer, but everyone has one turn per turn. DF doesn't. Plus, like I said, it would probably take a full rewrite of the code to support this kind of thing.

>_>