Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: King of the Mafia Continued: Game Over  (Read 36124 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
King of the Mafia Continued: Game Over
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:57 pm »

As the previous King of the Mafia, it is my pleasure to re-re-introduce King of the Mafia! Are you ready to win the title of King of the Mafia?

You think you've proven yourself, child?  "Oh my, I won as town!"  Meh, that's easy with a whole army at your back and power roles you can abuse.   "But I've beaten the town as Mafia!"  PHAH!  With friends and a horribly weak town.

But can you do both?  Can you take down the mafia with 6 others, then turn around as mafia and BEAT those 6 to a pulp?  Can you pick just the perfect role-braving additions caused by an evil mod-that will not only help you as town but also as scum?  Can you fight off endless waves of people, including those you've killed? 

Well then step on the hill and see if you have what it takes to be King of the Mafia.

Spoiler: Basic Rules:  READ! (click to show/hide)

Specialized Rules:

Inning is not required to sign up.  To sign up read only the two pages of Xylbot's role list and choose ONE role from there.  You will then be assigned with that role, with a possibility of additional features based on balance or tomfoolery(though nothing hidden). 

Once 7 people have signed up, the game begins.  A random person will be picked as King Mafia and will be given, on top of their role, the Mafiakill.  The First Round ONLY will start with a kill-less Night.

From there, the game continues.  During the game, anyone else can Sign up to be put on a queue. Game will play like a standard mafia game.  If you die at any time, you may Sign up again, though others who haven't played that round will have priority.

If King Mafia is killed at any time, the round ends.  Those in queue will take the place of those that died to refill the ranks back to 7 (those still alive remain), a new KING MAFIA will be picked, and the game will start on the next phase (Old round ends in Day, new round starts at Night...)

Play continues until KING MAFIA succeeds in being the ONLY one alive.

There is an antilurk system in place.  Each RL day, you MUST have either voted (even if its for the same person) or sent in an action.  Fail once and you get one prod.  Fail twice in the same round and you will be killed, a player in Queue will automatically Sub in for you, and you will not be able to rejoin.  Ever.

All may join this game, though be aware of the antilurk system.

You're done with the rules.  Now join and claim the mountain!

I'm following these rules, which may have be edited slightly to account for some things that I wasn't a fan of. Should you win, you may feel free to flaunt your new title of King of the Mafia!

To sign up, send in your chosen role. You are not in until you send in your role. You don't need to even !in in thread. The queue will start with those that have yet to play a Round, giving new players a higher priority over rejoining players, unless rejoining players signed-up in a previous Round but were excluded due to there not being enough spaces, giving them higher-higher priority.

Spoiler: Round 1 (click to show/hide)

Queue:
Shakerag
This could always be you!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:41:03 am by webadict »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued - Round 1: Sign-Ups
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:29:47 pm »

In and a half.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:53:10 pm »

Yeah! Let's do this. Bow before your future King, maggots!

In, role sent.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:11:48 pm »

Joining.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 09:14:06 pm »

Watching.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:15:03 pm »

Jome on! Join the fun.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 09:18:48 pm »

Jome on! Join the fun.
Righty then!

Now in.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 11:02:52 pm »

5 of 7 already in!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 01:55:02 am »

I'm gonna be watching this fail horrifically and regularly bump with snarky remarks.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 02:28:33 am »

I'm gonna be watching this with fascination and join when I can manage to not lurk through it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 08:18:30 am »

Got 7. I'll get roles sent out later today.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »

Before roles are sent, a general notion for public consumption:

Early mass claims are a stupid idea. They absolutely obliterate scumhunting, and shift the focus to increasingly convoluted master plans and counterplans that never fucking work, because everybody fucking lies. Result: no scumhunting, mislynches, the scum aware of the town's powers. It's dumb. Don't do it.

Regardless of alignment, I will oppose any such attempts. If you think you have something that's important to claim, go ahead and claim it, but don't try to bully others into following you.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 12:54:24 pm »

Do you imply that there are situations in this gametype where scumhunting actually happens?

You're a liar and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 01:07:42 pm »

Get over it already, Dar.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15