Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unfinished/Cancelled/Bad Projects  (Read 4260 times)

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unfinished/Cancelled/Bad Projects
« on: June 28, 2012, 04:49:36 am »

Post here if you think you had a great (or bad) idea, started working on it, and never got around to finish. Or you finished the project and it's just plain bad. This can also be artwork or music or other stuff  :D.

I'll start:

Multibells:
Idea: Winterbells (www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm) with multiplayer (lol). Multiplayer doesn't really work :D
Features:
-Midi music :)
-Jetpack & Rope!
-Blood :o

Screenshots
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a runnable .jar file so it should work on most (?) platforms.
Download:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3060524500/badgame1.jar
Warning: The backgrounds get kinda immature as you get higher, so NSFW.

I'll post some more when I get home. I have a lot of bad projects from my youth lol
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:51:52 am by yarr »

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
Re: Unfinished/Cancelled/Bad Projects
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:27:21 am »

I expect this thread to explode very quickly... I know I have LOADS of unfinished projects, of all sorts.

For now, I'll post a few screenshots of a car model I was working on a year ago:
It's my own design, with huge inspiration taken from a Koenigsegg CCX. I was so bad at modelling back then. I had only been dabbling in Blender for a few months when I started it, and that was my second car model I ever attempted. I'm amazed I got that far.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:29:20 am by dreadmullet »

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 06:01:03 am »

That looks pretty cool :). It's modern and retro at the same time :)

Nospherat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorfity dorf dorf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:43:24 am »

Oh wow, where oh where should I ever start?

This would be one of my biggest projects yet.
An airsoft replica of a Browning M3M heavy machine gun.

Built it from scratch, and as a self-imposed limitation, I decided not to use any powertool or specialized tools whatsoever.
Did this with just a handful of metal, a hammer, a clamp, a huge-ass file, a hacksaw, pair of pliers and manual drill.
Worked on it for a couple of years on-and-off. Still not functional, but getting there. Now only if I could get some free time.

No diagrams, no plans, no nothing. It would have been too easy to just download some plans and send them to a CNC guy "here, build me this".
But that's not how I roll.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:45:30 am by Nospherat »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 03:09:08 pm »

Somewhere a page or two down in this subforum I started a community project for a written DF language. Then RL interevened and I haven't touched it in weeks. :-/

Also, my Aurora AAR fics.

Also, two conlangs, a couple of conworlds, some Paradox GGC games (Grand-Grand Campaigns, playing a single continuous game from 1066 to 1966), and half a dozen languages that I learned the basics of and then promptly forgot.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 04:33:02 pm »

Hmmm, Pachter works at least, but my AstroKnight adventure crashed and burned. I also hate Java now.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

CookieRaider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 06:15:19 pm »

I have a lot of unfinished bits and pieces of music, but I don't think I should post any of them. They sound really bad....

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:01:44 pm »

A genetics simulator FoxHuntPlus, failed because of six linkage errors I didn't have the will to find.
Being a linkage error, I can't post it sadly Dx

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 03:54:23 pm »

An airsoft replica of a Browning M3M heavy machine gun.
oh my fuck

That's awesome. Does it fire 11mm airsoft balls? :U

Also, this axe.

Don't really know what to do with it.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »

*points down to Somethingvania"

It's my White Whale.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 01:23:44 am »

@nenjin: Go catch and wholesale slaughter that white whale! Somethingvania looks pretty awesome :D

I think my largest unfinished project is a utility that I started making for X3: Terran Conflict to model the universe's economic stability and supply/demand. I also want to integrate Empire navy and civilian populations (by ship) and be able to track groups of ships periodically as they pass through sectors so I can assign a realistic sector security rating based on actual military presence. I am sure that a lot of this made little to no sense, but that's okay. It made sense to me :D

Another currently unfinished project is my battleship game. But that is mostly because I am too lazy to make the GUI that I need to get my next version working :(
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 05:34:51 pm »

The Colored World

http://www.jonathansfox.com/MiscFlash/TheColoredWorld.swf

- Space to jump
- Arrow keys to move left and right
- Up and down arrows to change your color

You collide with neighboring primary/secondary colors on the color wheel. So if you're purple, the colors blue, purple, and red are all solid. Every other color is permeable.

The prototype has no goals built in, but I would say you win if you can get from the bottom of the map to the top. It is possible in a couple of different ways.

Insurgency

http://www.jonathansfox.com/MiscFlash/CEngine.swf

- Click your choice

Loosely inspired by Liberal Crime Squad and Choice of Games. You "win" this one after you visit the Southeast Charter, since that's the point where you've seen pretty much everything that has been implemented. CEngine is the name of the game's choose your own adventure engine; it's pretty decent, and I may still do something with it in the future.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 06:51:30 pm »

Too many to list. Way too many.

Hopefully my animation doesn't go the same way...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 05:32:52 pm »

Well, my In The Cave contest project, for one.

Also, Super Tennis Planes X-Treme 2 and Mow the Lawn, as well.

I've also made this pony game that I never finished.
Spoiler: Winter Wrap Up (click to show/hide)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 05:57:08 pm »

I've got a lot of projects that I started and never finished. Most of them were pretty good ideas, in my opinion.

I got quite far along in a character creator I was making for every RPG evar. Then I... stopped. I don't know why, but I lost the will to continue.

I'm off-and-on working on a few roguelikes that I think would be great fun. I periodically change languages or libraries and toss out all of my previous work.
Pages: [1] 2