Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unfinished/Cancelled/Bad Projects  (Read 4258 times)

CookieRaider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unfinished/Cancelled/Bad Projects
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 01:02:53 pm »

piano and strings http://soundcloud.com/user4303276/wip/s-oSK7E

:o can't believe I am posting something that I made!

*freaking out*

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 04:12:21 pm »

1st - I had tempted to completely recreate tikal in sketchup, it was really far ahead (more than those surviving screenshots which shows about 80% of the main plaza) but that failed due to good reasons. someone saw this at cgtalk.com and offered me a job so i had to abandon it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2nd - i was part of a group intended to create a short animated file, i did the 3d modelling. that failed due to a bad project leader and mismanagement.

3rd - i tried to make an ancient mesopotamian city. my files were lost after my HD crashed, but anyway, it proved too big for my computer back then.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 04:46:19 pm »

The Colored World

http://www.jonathansfox.com/MiscFlash/TheColoredWorld.swf

- Space to jump
- Arrow keys to move left and right
- Up and down arrows to change your color

You collide with neighboring primary/secondary colors on the color wheel. So if you're purple, the colors blue, purple, and red are all solid. Every other color is permeable.

The prototype has no goals built in, but I would say you win if you can get from the bottom of the map to the top. It is possible in a couple of different ways.

Oh my, this has so much potential! if you ever do decide to expand on it, give me a P.M. i can already envision how this can be a very good game.

Edit: Here's what i had in mind.
Adding a color gun, fluids that change colors, color monster that change behaviour as you recolor them etc.. etc..

« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:36:24 am by burningpet »
Pages: 1 [2]