Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mewtwo (standalone mod)  (Read 13917 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Mewtwo (standalone mod)
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 01:37:56 pm »

Making rediculously unbalanced creatures to kill other modders rediculously unbalanced creatures does seem a common trend, not that thats a bad thing of course :P

Just a pity it all ends when you figure out how to make a creature that turns anything at all into an elf forever and then sets that on fire...
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 01:40:19 pm »

No,no, the worst curse is finding out how to make something an elf forever AND petrify him into a statue of the hated treehuggers.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »

Well, Mewtwo still can't kill my fluffballs normally, but he can cause them to freeze to death if they're in water.  They can do that to him, though, so there's no clear winner there.  He's basically unkillable, so any fight between him and a fluffball just drags on forever, until the fluffball either lands an incredibly lucky hit (like 1:1000000; they're really underwhelming in melee) or dies of old age.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 04:09:07 pm »

...How do the fluffballs freeze MewTwo?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 07:32:34 pm »

Simple.  Mewtwo dodges into the water, and an ice-fluffball uses its ability to freeze the water Mewtwo is in.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 08:27:36 pm »

Ah, the ice-fluffballs. Not the normal ones.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 01:07:47 pm »

Making rediculously unbalanced creatures to kill other modders rediculously unbalanced creatures does seem a common trend, not that thats a bad thing of course :P

Just a pity it all ends when you figure out how to make a creature that turns anything at all into an elf forever and then sets that on fire...

You can make a creature immune to transformations by having them be transformed already.  So even that won't work  :P

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 01:23:54 pm »

You can make a creature immune to transformations by having them be transformed already.  So even that won't work  :P

Oh, did not know that. Must science more then!

I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 03:02:19 pm »

That's a pretty devastating syndrome.  I might have to use it.  Why do you make it add NOTHOUGHT, NOEXERT, NOPAIN, and NONAUSEA, though?  Oh yeah, it's fluffly comfyness.  Adding the ability to feel pain isn't very comfortable.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 06:59:58 pm »

Exactelly :P

The original intent was to also make its target non-hostile, but that would involve having to kill and resurrect/reanimate them, which... wasnt quite what I was looking for.

If someone knows a more graceful method for this id like to know.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 04:06:19 am »

I love how this thread began about Mewtwo and ended up about fluffballs of death. Barely two pages as well!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 06:40:28 pm »

Who knows where we would be if we went on for another 2!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 08:59:52 pm »

I dunno. Maybe discussing where the thread will be in another few pages.
Sig

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 11:14:47 pm »

I make separate templates because a lot of the time, I end up reusing them or needing to quickly find them, and trying to root through a raw file that's cluttered with all that stuff just seems annoying. I'd rather have several files than one clunky file.

Congrats on derailing the topic, btw. I finally feel like a real member, now that I've had a topic get derailed. ;D

In other news, I updated. Mewtwo's slightly less omnipotent now, though he'll still wreck pretty much any single enemy. Protip: If you're fighting him in adventure mode, go for the necks, particularly the main one. If you manage to get a solid shot in on his main neck and break it, he's pretty much helpless for a few days (until his Recover interaction kicks in), giving you plenty of time to go to town. ...Well, provided he doesn't nail you with telekinesis. Seems like breaking the neck disables that, though. And I made it so that you can explicitly target the necks, instead of having to hope for damage to happen by luck. Also, don't forget that he's not immune to traps, though I dunno how effective offensive traps would be. Your best bet is probably a cage trap, which you can then encase in walls/a ceiling for all eternity. Preferably with windows to display your live trophy. Or, if you're feeling vengeful or less dwarfy, toss the cage under a cave-in.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:25:53 pm by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text
Pages: 1 [2] 3