Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Morrowind Thread (OpenMW, MWSE, tes3mp) - Wealth beyond measure  (Read 6096 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Morrowind Thread (OpenMW, MWSE, tes3mp) - Wealth beyond measure
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2023, 05:33:22 am »

Just came upon this little video. "Skyrim really is on everything now", even in Morrowind.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2023, 11:34:31 am »

Just goes to show how much work the OpenMW team put on the rendering engine. Obviously it's a big if if it can handle all the other non-rendering computations the Creation Engine does.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2023, 06:39:50 pm »

OpenMW (after tweaking) can load up assets from almost every 3d bethesda game now. Oblivion and Skyrim, as well as Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Don't think anyone cares enough about 4 to put in the effort.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2023, 08:30:06 am »

So... I didn't post about this even though I've posted since the release, but like...nearly 4 months ago, OpenMW released version 0.48, which is the Lua stuff, mostly, as well as a lot of graphical things.

I thought I'd just plug a few things from the update.

OpenNeverMind was an april fool's joke about running Morrowind like the old Neverwinter Nights games, but people liked it enough that you can download and play it here.

Spoiler: Preview gif (click to show/hide)

It's just a neat thing to play around with.

I also recommend these Lua mods: Time, Date, Holidays and Seasons and Attend Me. TDHaS is just a way to see what time/date it is at all times, which has a nice immersive effect, I used an older version of this mod, which I believe is just the Date-and-Time file from the downloads section. Attend Me is just a nice way to check on your summons/people you're guiding.

Spoiler: Date Time, etc (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Attend Me (click to show/hide)

Also, I started a new run, and am going to make a list of something between challenge runs and role play challenges. Mostly for myself (on future runs) and for others to contribute to/enjoy, as the information is pretty scattered online and often mixed with...frankly stupid stuff (play the whole game without using a potion, for example)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2023, 09:13:04 am »

Here is a list of challenges. Most of these are just a jumping off point to give some new life into the game, either as a new way to start or a jumping off point for some roleplaying.

The Slave Escape:
I first saw this idea from Danae, who made a mod specifically of this, but there's no need for the mod.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bloodmoon at Level 1:
I saw this idea first from MickyD's youtube channel. No mod necessary, just take boats up to Khuul and ship off to Solstheim.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tribunal at Level 1:
Basically the same story, but way, way harder. I tried this for a bit, but constantly was using the Orc racial ability, either dying or killing a single enemy, then waiting for 24 hours to do it again.

Any Island/Place at Level 1:
So this is sort of the same premise, but you just head for any island and do as much as you can there before you can leave. I had a lot of fun with the Province Cyrodiil mod, as well as wandering around Skyrim: Home of the Nords. Tamriel Rebuilt in general has plenty of places for you to go, or you can stick to Dagon Fel and the surrounding area. This is really just a way to give a character a new intro to the game. Gather as much wealth as you can from a town and the surrounding ruins before running up against an unbeatable obstacle. You can do the same by staying inside a city (Ald'ruhn has walls to help, even), but there's little to do in cities apart from 2 or 3 quests.

The exception to this is a City Folk run. You play entirely in the cantons of Vivec - there's about 10-15 quests all accomplished there, plenty of services and your pick of where to set up as a home.

The Full Random:
There are mods that give you a random spawn location, or you can just roll on tables for your character's race, pre-made class, and birthsign. I think this is most fun with an ironman playthrough, but as soon as you get to a town, it basically no longer matters - as you can just travel where ever is safest and build up from there. You can also use something like this to make your character. I think if I were to do this again, I'd do it Ironman and also not look at the map after being randomly spawned in the world.

Smaller Challenges/Just Things To Do:

The Seven Graces:
Travel the Seven Graces by foot, ending in the holy city of Vivec. I just did this and it was absolutely wonderful. I gathered herbs along the way and sold them in the temples, then burned through most of that money on equipment from enchanters and at the shrines. It was actually really fun. From Balmora Temple - Kummu, Ghostgate, up past Caldera to Gnisis, Koal Cave, all the way down the West Gash/Bitter Coast to Vivec's 3 shrines. You could do the same for the 4 corners later in the temple quests.

Why Ride When You Can Walk?:
This is a pretty common game-rule. You have to walk to a place first before you can use fast travel to get there. I guess Mournhold is an exception, unless you've got Tamriel Rebuilt.

Service Refusal Run:
I think this is interesting, if not entirely exhausting. The idea is to never do a service if you can do it yourself. Don't repair stuff, buy hammers and do it yourself. Potions? More like you buy the ingredients and make them yourself. Enchantment, too, if you're nasty. Travel too, if you're a masochist.

N'Wah Challenge:
Set all attributes and skills to 1, then see how long it takes to finish the main quest. Apparently this is just a very slow start, but, because of how leveling works in Morrowind, leads to you being the strongest possible character by the end, which is neat.

If I find/remember/think of more, I'll update this post.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 09:17:18 am by delphonso »

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2024, 02:45:38 am »

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2024, 04:14:05 am »

Wow that must be some genius coding as none ever made something like that before in Morrowind, really impressive !

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2024, 05:34:25 am »

Absolutely insane! What a cool idea.
Pages: 1 2 [3]