Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641665 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: HOENN CONFIRMED!!! FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!
« Reply #3210 on: June 08, 2014, 07:48:25 pm »

To me, they didn't significantly break up the old story.  Even if a new area is added, they're still remakes; saying otherwise feels a bit like verging on a "no true Scotsman" approach to definitions.  Now, they may be bad remakes, certainly, but they're still remakes. 

Why is Steven using a Mega Charizard X instead of a Mega Aggron or Mega Metagross?  And finally, what is with that headband?  ;_;

I agree with you on Mega Aggron for Steven. But must you tease me with MegaMetagross? I so wants one of those!

As for your input on the spirit of remakes and all, do keep in mind, the sevii island 1-3 must be done BEFORE Blaine, you literally cannot fight Blaine until you do them, that screws with the flow of the kanto region
In HG/SS The same hold true but with entering the cave to find chuck to get him to go back. not as big of a screw with the story as fr/lg did but still quite a change.
However, if these were both End-game content rather than Mid-story content I'd have been perfectly fine with them as both gens were lacking in End-game content in their original runs
(Kanto wasn't end-game content for GS, Mt Silver was, and it was in *le-gasp* Johto)

I'll okay with new end-game areas, but if they really wanna deliver to us "full remakes" then they don't need to change RS's story to add in new content like this spectacular new world stuff. "Full remakes" makes me wanna see RS play out in 3D not 2d, and I'm specific to that RS part.
Now I'd enjoy it if they merge-in Emerald's story progress in these similar to how HG/SS followed more to the G/S start + crystal's later story elements

But right now it's all speculations here and there and everywhere, it's just if they promise me a "full remake", I'll want it like the originals. Anyways I'll just be quiet until the next ORAS newsflash at least.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: June 08, 2014, 07:53:31 pm »

That said, what did they do to Tabitha?  Why is Shelley's neck so awkward?  Why is Steven using a Mega Charizard X instead of a Mega Aggron or Mega Metagross?  And finally, what is with that headband?  ;_;

What I want to know is why Brendan's feet look horrible and why he looks so idiotic.

I mean, look at that face and tell me that it doesn't look dumb.

I do, however, praise the hair visible under the hat.

I still want to punch the person who drew those eyes, however.

To me, they didn't significantly break up the old story.  Even if a new area is added, they're still remakes; saying otherwise feels a bit like verging on a "no true Scotsman" approach to definitions.  Now, they may be bad remakes, certainly, but they're still remakes. 

Why is Steven using a Mega Charizard X instead of a Mega Aggron or Mega Metagross?  And finally, what is with that headband?  ;_;

I agree with you on Mega Aggron for Steven. But must you tease me with MegaMetagross? I so wants one of those!

As for your input on the spirit of remakes and all, do keep in mind, the sevii island 1-3 must be done BEFORE Blaine, you literally cannot fight Blaine until you do them, that screws with the flow of the kanto region
In HG/SS The same hold true but with entering the cave to find chuck to get him to go back. not as big of a screw with the story as fr/lg did but still quite a change.
However, if these were both End-game content rather than Mid-story content I'd have been perfectly fine with them as both gens were lacking in End-game content in their original runs
(Kanto wasn't end-game content for GS, Mt Silver was, and it was in *le-gasp* Johto)

I'll okay with new end-game areas, but if they really wanna deliver to us "full remakes" then they don't need to change RS's story to add in new content like this spectacular new world stuff. "Full remakes" makes me wanna see RS play out in 3D not 2d, and I'm specific to that RS part.
Now I'd enjoy it if they merge-in Emerald's story progress in these similar to how HG/SS followed more to the G/S start + crystal's later story elements

But right now it's all speculations here and there and everywhere, it's just if they promise me a "full remake", I'll want it like the originals. Anyways I'll just be quiet until the next ORAS newsflash at least.

Same here. I don't care if they add sixteen new sidequests in after the game's completion or add in a short diversion near, say, the Winona part of the game, but (note: I have never played FRLG) that Sevii Island thing sounds infuriating.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they're going to fix the fact that you can almost beat the game without fighting Winona.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: June 08, 2014, 11:27:17 pm »

Speaking of which, I wonder if they're going to fix the fact that you can almost beat the game without fighting Winona.

You know, I never noticed that as...surely there was something blocking your advancement in the next route until you beat her...but I think you're right as that blockade's details are not coming to my mind. And i very vaguely remember coming back to at least visit Winona after reaching the port that has the department store...but I did that so many times you'd think she was my GF...
At first I thought I'd know due to loving Hoenn/Gen3 like crazy but I also like Winona so i can't resist going into her gym and getting into a heated high flying battle with her.

May Flannery and Winona were my best memories from the RSE games...
My first Hoenn run was in Ruby, playing as May complete with Blaziken, knew nothing of any gym leaders. The gut-wrenching climb of mount chimney to face Maxie and die nearly 20 times before a lucky crit hit saved my hide, I was praying for an easy gym, Flannery didn't exactly deliver but hers was a more evened-out fight, really got my blood pumping. the next Gym let me down and then the path to Fortree was only time-consuming due to Rival and lack of navigational knowledge, then Winona, oh lord winona, i was so happy i had taught Blaziken Rock tomb back in his Combusken days...that was a literally the wind at my back in that fight. even then it was as heated as Flannery's fight.

I could go on and on and on and on about RSE happy days...

Nowadays though I know what to do so not as many trial-by-fire memories any more.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: June 08, 2014, 11:31:29 pm »

I wonder if Sky battles will be incorporated into the Fortree Gym now.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: June 09, 2014, 04:05:43 am »

Well that would be exceptionally inconvenient.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: June 09, 2014, 05:01:33 am »

Well that would be exceptionally inconvenient.
For you guys yeah. for me? I say bring it, I love skybattles.
Then again with my 3-flier hit squad of Talonflame, Togekiss and Flygon, well, Yeah I'm always ready for Sky battles.

But I'd rather see it like this:
Rematch Gym leader system, but the rematch is one of the new rules, Like Roxanne could have an Inverse battle, Winona a sky battle, Liza and Tate could have a rotation battle etc...
that way You can only rematch them if you're prepared and they don't have to detract from hoenn's old set up to add in rotations and sky battles and etc.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: June 09, 2014, 07:01:23 am »

No Liza & Tate.

Liza & Tate & Bo, to abuse triple battles and the new name limit at the same time.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: June 09, 2014, 11:05:21 am »

Also why is neither of them wearing socks?

Clearly stolen by dwarves.

You know, I never noticed that as...surely there was something blocking your advancement in the next route until you beat her...but I think you're right as that blockade's details are not coming to my mind.

I seem to recall an invisible Kecleon blocking the bridge out of town that wouldn't fight you until you beat that gym. You probably don't remember it as easily because it was an invisible obstacle, rather than one with a sprite that comes easily to mind. *looks meaningfully in G/S Sudowoodo's direction*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:10:54 am by Cerol Lenslens »
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: June 09, 2014, 11:56:48 am »

You know, I never noticed that as...surely there was something blocking your advancement in the next route until you beat her...but I think you're right as that blockade's details are not coming to my mind.

I seem to recall an invisible Kecleon blocking the bridge out of town that wouldn't fight you until you beat that gym. You probably don't remember it as easily because it was an invisible obstacle, rather than one with a sprite that comes easily to mind. *looks meaningfully in G/S Sudowoodo's direction*

You leave Fortree, head down the southern road - at some point, Steven stops you and demonstrates the Silph Scope on a hidden Kecleon, which is lv 30 and you're forced to defeat it. All other hidden Kecleon are lv 30 and you can fight as normal - once Steven's shown you the Scope, he gives you it, which lets you fight Winona.

All Winona is required for is the ability to use Fly, which just cuts down on travel time, and of course entrance to the Pokemon League.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: June 09, 2014, 02:01:37 pm »

Trying to play any pokemon game without fly is like some kind of headache inducing exercise.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: June 09, 2014, 02:47:07 pm »

Trying to play any pokemon game without fly is like some kind of headache inducing exercise.

Seriously i have no problem with exploring any pokemon game without the use of fly, especially HG/SS as i even refuse the bike in those games because of seeing the epicness of my Blaziken or Scizor following me. And to point out a little more Hurt in your claim: I'm the guy with a full assault Skybattle Squad, you'd think one of them knows Fly. (Flygon actually, I just don't use it in-field, more time spent, more fun.) Now flip-flop that to where you could explore the sky, then I'D NEVER STOP FLYING! Mount my Annoyance(Flygon) take wing send out  Jetfire(Talonflame) and Aurora(Togekiss) and rule the skies!

You leave Fortree, head down the southern road - at some point, Steven stops you and demonstrates the Silph Scope on a hidden Kecleon, which is lv 30 and you're forced to defeat it. All other hidden Kecleon are lv 30 and you can fight as normal - once Steven's shown you the Scope, he gives you it, which lets you fight Winona.

All Winona is required for is the ability to use Fly, which just cuts down on travel time, and of course entrance to the Pokemon League.
I remember both of these chains of events clearly, i swear the blockade was something further along...like a Team Mag/Aq member who impeded your progress
However reading bulbapedia proove that memory false as it does confirm you can go all the way through even victory road without the Feather Badge.

HOWEVER: it's tough to do so if you have traded pokemon on your in-game team as Winona sets a nice lv70 obedience cap that'll help a lot

EDIT forgot a part: Also confirmed by bulbapedia: Flannery  is often the fourth gym leader but strangely you can skip Brawly until after beating Flannery, but you must acquire 4 badges before Norman will let you challenge him, Norman give you in-field surf rights which open the path to Fortree. YAYAS: Hoenn is full of Sequence Broked stuffs!
Hoenn's just that AWESOME (yes hoenn is my favorite region)
EDiT2: also be sure to pick up a surf-learning pokemon, learnt dat dah hawd way: I actually powered through with a lombre and blaziken one time and literally got stuck cause nothing i could catch could learn surf, ludicolo could, but you don't get a water stone until past fortree.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:53:09 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: June 09, 2014, 02:52:57 pm »

You can skip Winona right up until the Elite Four, and I have accidentally done so on multiple occasions.

(I have played way too much of Emerald)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: June 09, 2014, 02:54:44 pm »

(I have played way too much of HOENN)
Story of why I even like Pokemon in the first place, lol.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: June 09, 2014, 02:56:27 pm »

EDIT forgote a part: Also confirmed by bulbapedia: Flannery  is often the fourth gym leader but strangley you can skip Brawly until after beating Flannery, but you must acquire 4 badges before Norman will let you challenge him, Norman give you surf which open the path to Fortree. YAYAS: Hoenn is full os Sequence Broked stuffs!
Hoenn's just that AWESOME (yes hoenn is my favorite region)

Me too!

Although, I could've sworn Mr. Briney refused to let you go to Slateport until you had the Knuckle Badge.

You can skip Winona right up until the Elite Four, and I have accidentally done so on multiple occasions.

(I have played way too much of Emerald)
Took me a year to figure out my self-resetting Emerald was a bootleg.

Beat it four times. I know Hoenn like the back of my hand.

...Ever notice it's shaped like a fist?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: June 09, 2014, 02:58:13 pm »

Although, I could've sworn Mr. Briney refused to let you go to Slateport until you had the Knuckle Badge.
No, all you need to do is deliver the letter to Steven. Of course, unless you've memorized the layout of Dewford Cave (again, played way too much Emerald), you need Flash (and thus the second badge) to actually deliver it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 463