Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641346 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: HOENN CONFIRMED!!! FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!
« Reply #3225 on: June 09, 2014, 03:00:22 pm »

I've always seen it as a Yin Yang symbol made of Water and Land. It's more obvious if you see the artsy maps of it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: June 09, 2014, 03:35:22 pm »

Although, I could've sworn Mr. Briney refused to let you go to Slateport until you had the Knuckle Badge.
No, all you need to do is deliver the letter to Steven. Of course, unless you've memorized the layout of Dewford Cave (again, played way too much HOENN), you need Flash (and thus the second badge) to actually deliver it.
This is literally what I mean by hoenn's that awesome.

And actually...you don't need flash at all in that cave, it sure helps, as it massively increases the viewing radius but the smaller unflashed one is still easy to use, you need minor pathing memory yeah, but not a whole lot.

I often would bypass Brawly and go on to Slateport's beach to gain some extra levels, especially when running a Lombre, which really needs those levels to make it's absorb worth the upcoming-at-this-point rival battle.
Then I go back to Brawly and he's even more of a shove-over than before.

then Wattson gets discharged and then if i seriously don't have a Lombre on me, my rival battle is nigh impossible because i always Run Blaziken May as my hoenn playable.
That or Swapmert Brendan, in which case i have to push HARD for Ice Beam TM.

Note that a lot of my GEN3 hoenn excursions were in the days that GEN4 was around...so trading was not an option.

EDIT:
Just wanna throw this in there, but I remember reading in this thread a few pages ago the new Brendan and Magma designs weren't too popular, Personally i like them but i agree on those shoes on Brendan, also May's are the same way but her artwork's angle makes them less...blechy. however they look like heavy-duty water shoes, given hoenn's hugely vast wet forest environment, it's a good thing they were given such...
I really do hope character custom is available in ORAS, so we can still personalize our trainer so we're not locked to those shoes and etc...but  iseriously hope they don't lock any outfit pieces to multiplayer rankings...that'll annoy the ******** outta me!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:43:06 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: June 09, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

I would always pick Swampert, so Wattson was never a problem. Brawly fluctuated between "problematic", "annoying", and "tear my hair out".

Everybody else was always easy, but the E4 I never got the full experience of because I'm one of those cheaters who uses the legendary to best the game.

Also, on the topic of character design:

Yep. May looks fine. BUT DAT BRENDAN. I CANNOT LOVE THOSE EYES. THOSE FEET LOOK LIKE THE STEPSISTERS' FEET IN DISNEY CINDERELLA. Everything else is cool, even if it looks like the clothes' design is a crazy cross between RS and Emerald.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: June 09, 2014, 03:55:24 pm »

I would always pick Swampert, so Wattson was never a problem. Brawly fluctuated between "problematic", "annoying", and "tear my hair out".

Everybody else was always easy, but the E4 I never got the full experience of because I'm one of those cheaters who uses the legendary to best the game.

Also, on the topic of character design:

Yep. May looks fine. BUT DAT BRENDAN. I CANNOT LOVE THOSE EYES. THOSE FEET LOOK LIKE THE STEPSISTERS' FEET IN DISNEY CINDERELLA. Everything else is cool, even if it looks like the clothes' design is a crazy cross between RS and Emerald.
Well may is Satoshi/Ash's Girl companion from Hoenn in the anime and therefore the Human face of hoenn, so of course they'll make her appealing. I have no true love of Brendan in entirety but I like his new design except for those shoes, however  ido see their practical application.

As for swampert, I only run Swampert if going Brendan and only if i'm doing a speed run
Blaziken is literally my favorite starter and therefore if i'm playing for fun it's impossible for me to pass up Torchic.

that and May+ torchic gimmick as if i play Hoenn for fun, I'm playing May.

However Mega Swampert versus Mega Blaziken and this is going by design... GIMME DAT CUTIE DINOSAUR MUDFISH!
I wanz Mah Mudzy!

(I LOVE THE MEGASWAPERT DESIGN! I WANT IT!)

Edit this all said, I will be Running AS Brendan + Mudzy & OR May+Blaziken as R was my gen3 first game, and Sappire-water-theme+MegaMudzy = JOY KITTENS!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:58:30 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: June 09, 2014, 05:21:21 pm »

Is it just me or does Maxie look like Colress dyed red?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: June 10, 2014, 06:59:02 am »

Maybe, I never got a good look at Colress anyway.

In further inspection, Brendan looks fine in-game. Excellent. Alpha Sapphire is thumbs-up for me.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: June 10, 2014, 07:11:03 am »

In further inspection, Brendan looks fine in-game. Excellent. Alpha Sapphire is thumbs-up for me.

Yeah I used to think the pokemon looked TERRIBLE in Pokémon X and Y

But I found out they look a LOT better when they are ingame and animated instead of a static 3d picture. (though some pokemon don't look to hot in 3d...)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: June 10, 2014, 07:39:28 am »

Yeah I used to think the pokemon looked TERRIBLE in Pokémon X and Y

But I found out they look a LOT better when they are ingame and animated instead of a static 3d picture. (though some pokemon don't look to hot in 3d...)

* Tawarochir shudders and remembers the ice cream cones

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: June 10, 2014, 12:56:34 pm »

http://www.gamer4eva.com/2014/06/pokemon-omega-ruby-and-pokemon-alpha.html

So, news about the primal devolutions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hrm, so a fire / ground type Groudon. Finally Groudon can use its freaking ability beyond a wimpy fire blast. Hopefully it'll be able to learn flare blitz too, then it'd be really ferocious. Fire / ground also means it now takes 4x damage from Kyogre instead of just 2x, cause he didn't lose that fight hard enough. He'll also be weak to earthquake now too, which is always annoying.

As expected, mega Kyogre just becomes more powerful in every way. Fun times.

-----------

We'll probably also see a Relicanth devolution too. Cradily and Armaldo as well. Maybe they'll finally lose their rock typing and become incredible.

----------

Here's the official trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ma2CBnBlXs

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: June 10, 2014, 04:47:44 pm »

Here's hoping for Primal Kyogre getting a second type too. I mean it's cool and all but pure water just isn't exciting enough for me. (also something something Primal Dialga)

And we're getting MORE MEGA STONES.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: June 10, 2014, 04:55:02 pm »

Here's hoping for Primal Kyogre getting a second type too. I mean it's cool and all but pure water just isn't exciting enough for me. (also something something Primal Dialga)

And we now know from the trailer that Archie and Maxie will be using at least one each, which is likely how they'll trigger the transformations for their respective legendaries at the story's climax.  Take a careful look at the right side of Maxie's glasses and at Archie's pendant; they both have Key Stones.
Alternately, Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo, or alternately-alternately, a team rework to include a mega. ^_^

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: June 10, 2014, 05:02:14 pm »

ARMOK DEMANDS A POKéMON THAT LOOKS LIKE A DWARF

BECAUSE OF REASONS

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: June 10, 2014, 05:08:01 pm »

Water flying? 4x weakness to electric but it could get STAB 100% accurate hurricane.

It probably won't get a type change though.

You know what would be pretty amusing? If its ability changed to rain dish or hydration in its mega form.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: June 11, 2014, 12:08:49 pm »

I think that it should get DRIZZLE HYDRATION. Drizzle rain, Hydration effects.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: June 11, 2014, 03:08:33 pm »

Mostly the two theories floating around is that the "de-evolved" states are either
1) Alternate forms: Similar to Shaman, Melodia, Dioxys, Thundorus... yada yada
or
2) Alternate Megavolutions: Essentially a second megavolution you can use in a match.

Though I can add a third
3) A possible new evolution route for legendary pokemon (I REALLY doubt it)
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 463