Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 639996 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2012, 07:45:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have slightly less but less spaced out (and more unusual) than that.

I was about to post that myself. Now that you had the same idea, I feel less dirty about it.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2012, 08:57:16 pm »

Anyone tried pokemon conquest yet? I heard it's pretty good
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2012, 09:01:51 pm »

The music is nice.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2012, 09:02:07 pm »

Could anyone explain me why should i care about breeding the darn things if i obviously had to catch both male and female of the same race beforehand? Why not use the potential daddy/mommy pokemon and riase it instead?

Raising the babby from level 5 gives it a good shot at being more intense than either of its parents.

Also, you can breed for specific traits.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 09:06:38 pm »

I'm going to say it's "good" for what it is. Imagine a heavily dumbed-down tactical RPG (Fire Emblem if there were lots of characters that were all limited to one attack).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2012, 09:07:23 pm »

Could anyone explain me why should i care about breeding the darn things if i obviously had to catch both male and female of the same race beforehand? Why not use the potential daddy/mommy pokemon and riase it instead?

Raising the babby from level 5 gives it a good shot at being more intense than either of its parents.

Also, you can breed for specific traits.
And the pokemon only have to be of the same group, not same species. Female determines the pokemon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2012, 12:32:29 am »

For example, speaking of breeding, I just had a Vulpix hatch with Flamethrower already learned.

That's what happens when you have your pokemon mate with the abomination against nature that is a Ditto.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2012, 12:37:51 am »

That's also what happens if the father knows a TM that the bastard spawn can learn.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2012, 02:26:00 am »

So, let's suppose I haven't played the pokemans for a while, and want to get a DS version. Should I go for heartgold/soulsilver, or pay the extra 5-10 dollars for a copy of black/white? DEBATE.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2012, 02:28:07 am »

I kinda like B/W. They do some cool stuff with seasons and have some very cool locales. Plus the Pokemon sprites are animated during battles.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2012, 02:30:39 am »

I dunno, if you're not really a fan of the new designs, SS/HG has less of them around. SS/HG is a generation down, though, so some of the newer mechanics and adjustments will be absent. Not really an issue if you're not one of them hardcore players, though.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2012, 02:58:53 am »

So I have to ask: You people find Pokemon enjoyable? Why?

For me, the fun was the progression, at least the early levels. This is probably why i never finished a single pokemon game. Wait that's not true, i finished Emerald. Well not 100% completion but i finished the story, except i was using a speed hack (i was playing it on emulator). So i guess it's all about the progression speed. If it's fast enough, i can bear with the grind, if not i'll quit around mid-game.

The whole "catch them all" never really worked for me even though i'm a completionist., since it's almost impossible to get some pokemons unless you go to special events apparently, and also i was playing alone which means i couldn't get the exchange-only pokemons (or needed way too much fiddling to do it). Well i guess i could have cheated but then there's no point. Also too much grind.

Overall i'd say that my enjoyment of a pokemon game is inversely proportional to the amount of time played. Something like that.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2012, 04:54:35 am »

So, let's suppose I haven't played the pokemans for a while, and want to get a DS version. Should I go for heartgold/soulsilver, or pay the extra 5-10 dollars for a copy of black/white? DEBATE.

Have you played Gold/Silver? Because I'd take Gold/Silver with updated graphics and some extra's over B/W any day. But maybe that's just my nostalgia talking. B/W was "good, I guess". G/S was just great. Again, admitted nostalgia goggles.

Haven't actually gotten Heart/Soul. I guess I should? I'm growing more and more hesitant buying these games as they become less and less fun, but I might still enjoy it...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2012, 07:08:15 am »

If you want fancy graphics and all new pokemon until post-game, Black/White. Otherwise, get HeartGold/SoluSilver, the Gold/Silver remake.

or, it you want, take the third option of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Those are Pokemon DS games as well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2012, 08:21:53 am »

I actually caught them all in Pokémon Red... It's just not feasible anymore which is sad.

I also beat Pokémon Red (as in, beat the Elite Four and champion) with a Bug-type-only team playthrough. So...Beedrill, Butterfree, Parasect, Venomoth and Scyther. I can't remember if I got my hands on a Pinsir.

I'm tempted to try it again with a new game, because there's been so many awesome new bugs since Gen I. I can't decide which game would be best though...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 463