Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641548 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6060 on: June 06, 2017, 10:52:00 pm »

What do you mean, they barely run on it? They run great on mine.

Well, I dunno about the 3DSXL, but my 3DS occasionally shows that it's straining to do whatever the game is doing. I get several seconds of nothing but black screen when starting the game, before the intro sequence even tries to begin.

And there's a really suspicious pause during all the Z-moves after the "So-and-so unleashes its full-force Z-Move!" text box.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: June 07, 2017, 04:35:50 am »

Same on mine. The Battle Royal has some major slowdown in particular, having to render not only 4 Pokemon, but 4 trainers, and a rather high-poly arena as well. The photography minigame is also pretty slow.

Maybe USUM will bring back Contests and/or Pokeathalons. I actually enjoyed those.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: June 07, 2017, 11:24:06 am »

I mean, there's not a lot you can really do with a third version of a game you've already managed to make two out of, is there? Either you make a third game that's only slightly different from the already very similar pair, requiring people to spend more money to get the complete experience, or you just make the one game in the first place and defeat the entire selling point of the Pokemon franchise as a whole.
I imagine it'd be like the Monster Hunter or Dynasty Warriors series.

First you get the base game.

A year or so later you get the super hyper amazing Xtreme Legends XXU edition that has more quests, better balance, more monsters, more lategame events, better everything, etc that makes people wonder why they keep buying the first edition when they know the complete second edition comes out later.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #6063 on: June 07, 2017, 02:39:37 pm »

Hrm, unless they add some major upgrades ... I don't see myself getting a mere re-release only a year later. Will have to wait for more info.
I'd say Solgaleo going from just "Liger-Zero spoof" to "Blade Liger spoof" is quite the major Upgrade!
---Seriously my first impression when I saw Solgaleo was "hey zoids meets pokemon" then they gave him Steel/Psychic, Zoids are made of metal(steel) and some have their own minds(psychic), this just outright confirms it.
(yes, yes the new Lunala is awesome too, but I like my Solar Power.)
Though while I'm sold on that epic Solgaleo form, I am gonna need a lot of convincing from Nintendo to buy this over saving for my Switch and FE:Warriors, BOTW, PokkenDX and Mario Odyssey.
And that's mainly cause SuMo disappointed me...Nice story, but the story was all it had, heck, even Ruby/Sapphire had more post-game than just the Battle-Towers, and that honestly says a LOT.
(though most of R/S's post-game was rounding up legends and etc...but still that was more than SuMo.)

As of Nintendo giving us details on the N2DS XL, I didn't expect USUM to be Switch, but I admit I was hopeful it'd either at least be switch, or at the best, be dual-platform.
And yeah, I'mma get a 2DS XL myself, I never use the 3D*, ever, and I'd love Amiibo Support built-in verusus using that NFC-stand, aka: if/when N2DS-XL came/comes out in red, it'd be a perfect upgrade of what I have currently.
(* not that SuMo had any 3D, lol)

And that brings up another point about SuMo runs slow/poorly, I know I have a regular 3DS and, from the perspective of Single-Player-only, my games only lag in Doubles(full-battle-length frame-rate drop) and otherwise only for a split second(quicker than a blink) when a Z-move is used, and only if said Z move was used by the CPU.
(Again, I only play Pokemon single player so I dunno how the lag is in Multiplayer stuff.)
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: June 07, 2017, 03:25:51 pm »

They have me hooked if they bring back triple battles.   That is all.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: June 07, 2017, 05:59:13 pm »

I feel ya Greiger, although, I want my Sky and Rotation Battles back.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: June 08, 2017, 07:13:52 am »

Sky battles I could do without. I didn't have a single mon that could do a sky battle on my team, so it was rather awkward walking past all of those trainers I could never battle. Rotation and Triple battles I think they had to drop because Trainer models seem to have slowed the game down, but I'm ok if they do come back.

---

I'm not sure what will get me excited personally. I've played an inordinate amount of time on Pokémon Moon, so they'll definitely have to give me some kind of hook that gets my attention away from just sticking with it. That, or the ability to pretend Rotom Dex doesn't exist. ;.;
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: June 09, 2017, 12:24:34 am »

Sky battles I could do without. I didn't have a single mon that could do a sky battle on my team, so it was rather awkward walking past all of those trainers I could never battle. Rotation and Triple battles I think they had to drop because Trainer models seem to have slowed the game down, but I'm ok if they do come back.

---

I'm not sure what will get me excited personally. I've played an inordinate amount of time on Pokémon Moon, so they'll definitely have to give me some kind of hook that gets my attention away from just sticking with it. That, or the ability to pretend Rotom Dex doesn't exist. ;.;
With a username like that, i find your lack of at least 1 bird Pokemon a little ironic.
I usually always have 1 Pokemon on my team that can learn HM fly, yes, even in SuMo*, and most who could learn Fly could fight in sky battles.
*- not saying they know the hm move fly, just that they can learn it.

Solgaleo's new form making it go blade-liger-esque was enough to make me want the games, but as said, i have plans for a switch, which have also expanded to include the XB1 re-release of Dragon's Dogma. So I am in the same boat: they need to do a lot of post-Champion content to get me to move my money to USUM first.

However, if they finally give Gen-7 Pokemon more Tutor Moves, then maybe that'll full-sell me...but it'd be based more on which Gen-7 Pokemon gets what moves.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: June 09, 2017, 12:42:27 am »

Problem is that my HM slave is usually like 10-20 levels underlevelled, which isn't the kind of thing that gives me confidence in using it to solo a trainer. Additionally, it only has the moves it starts with, because deleting a move takes time.

I don't think I ever had a single sky battle.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:44:51 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: June 09, 2017, 01:31:11 am »

Problem is that my HM slave is usually like 10-20 levels underlevelled, which isn't the kind of thing that gives me confidence in using it to solo a trainer. Additionally, it only has the moves it starts with, because deleting a move takes time.

I don't think I ever had a single sky battle.
Which is why I stated they didn't necessarily know the move, only that, Usually, 1 member of my team could learn it...
Also I'll admit each of us plays our own way and I do respect that...
Of course, that said, I never missed any Sky battles in Kalos as I always pick up a Fletching first thing in gen-6 games, regardless of any thing else, and raise it alongside my starter cause I love Birds including Falcons and Talonflame's Pokedex entry is similar to data we know on Peregrine Falcons. Plus it's Fire-Flying two of my primary pokemon types.
Of course, it really saddened me when Talonflame couldn't learn blaze kick or fire punch, and was instead relagated to recoil moves. Oh and yes, Talonflame could reasonably learn either move due to being a fire-type with talons and the fact that Peregrine Falcons ball their talons up into a fist-like object to strike with when they dive since diving at 200+mph is so forcefull, open-talon strikes would cause the Falcon's talons take damage.
((edit, fixed a redundant line, sorry I didn't see that before))

But back to the point, I admit I enjoyed Rotations far more than Sky battles, but both are still formats I'd like to see return, and maybe sky battles could return as a fully optional version of the mid-story battle-point giving places, like maybe as a selectable format in those areas. It's a thought nonetheless.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:55:57 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: June 09, 2017, 01:48:26 am »

I would like if the sequels improved upon some of the framerate issues. They don't make it unplayable but having them appear in a place like the battle tower, somewhere you go during the main storyline, is a bit of a surprising drop in quality from Nintendo, especially from a mainline series like Pokemon.
What do you mean, they barely run on it? They run great on mine.

Well, I dunno about the 3DSXL, but my 3DS occasionally shows that it's straining to do whatever the game is doing. I get several seconds of nothing but black screen when starting the game, before the intro sequence even tries to begin.

And there's a really suspicious pause during all the Z-moves after the "So-and-so unleashes its full-force Z-Move!" text box.

The blackscreen when loading the game, from my reading, is because the game offloads the 3DS menu to make use of the extra RAM this provides. It's why when you shut down Pokemon Sun/Moon the 3DS resets before returning to the main menu.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: June 09, 2017, 04:32:31 am »

I never noticed my 3DS restarting after play. Actually, if it did that, shouldn't it be impossible to browse the home menu when pausing the game? Because I often do suspend the game instead of exiting.

Then again, I use one of the default menu themes that my 3DS shipped with.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: June 09, 2017, 04:52:52 am »

Ok... I've never been so glad not to be buying Pokémon games...

You guys are totally being messed over by Nintendo.

EVERY single time I want to get back into the series they pull this.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: June 09, 2017, 05:12:24 am »

I never noticed my 3DS restarting after play. Actually, if it did that, shouldn't it be impossible to browse the home menu when pausing the game? Because I often do suspend the game instead of exiting.

I gotta side with Akura on this, I've never had that black screen and I'm on a Regular 3DS, though Exiting SuMo does take a while for me and using the Home Menu via the button mid-game takes a bit longer to load than with other games but i have Dynamic background themes that also have music and have them randomly cycling.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:14:17 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: June 09, 2017, 05:37:21 am »

I gotta side with Akura on this, I've never had that black screen and I'm on a Regular 3DS, though Exiting SuMo does take a while for me and using the Home Menu via the button mid-game takes a bit longer to load than with other games but i have Dynamic background themes that also have music and have them randomly cycling.

Just testing it on my regular 3DS. After the 3DS splashscreen I get about 15-20 seconds of black before the game opens to the load game menu. While I can minimise the game and go to the 3DS main menu, I cannot access any of the programs. Conversely, if I start up Animal Crossing, while I can't access everything I can open the web browser with Animal Crossing suspended in the background.

@Neonivek: I disagree that it's Nintendo pulling anything. Pokemon Sun/Moon are still completely playable and don't crash or have any major bugs. However, the framerate issue is something I might prefer them to tone down effects or how large battles are to fix, especially all the glowy lights during the totem Pokemon battles (A large part of the story having framerate issues doesn't leave that good of an impression). It's distracting and because the 3DS can't be upgraded like my PC can I would prefer if the games ran as well as they could. Their ambitions for the franchise are apparently getting ahead of what the hardware can handle.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 463