Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 640547 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6180 on: September 01, 2017, 06:21:25 pm »

Ooh, neat tool!
I've still only played gen 2, so my choices were a little limited sometimes, so I took a couple liberties:
Spoiler: Mine (click to show/hide)
The only dragon I like at all is Gyrados (which isn't a dragon).  And I laughed at Alola-eggsecutor.
I don't like ice, either, but lapras is just so smug.
Meowth somehow isn't dark until Alola, despite being about dark moves, so Alola-version.
I like staryu so much that I basically picked it twice (I didn't even know it becomes psychic).  Almost did the same with graveller, but Sudowoodoo is too funny.
Ghosts are all terrible but I like the mask-one's backstory.
Steelix is because I like onix, but not as much as graveller, and I don't know any other steel ones.
Hitmonchan is cute.
And my starter was a chikorita, or a bulbasaur in GO, but tangela is my grass choice because it really helped with all the damn vaporeons in GO.  And it's cute too.

I imagine the clefable is the one someone put at Westboro Baptist named "LoveNotHate".
When Alolan Exeggutor came out, the Pokemon Subreddit was just one giant Alolan Exeggutor.

You can see bits of it in this mod's post history: https://www.reddit.com/user/jaksida?sort=top

Then they made a subreddit for it: https://www.reddit.com/r/upvoteexeggutor/

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: September 02, 2017, 02:54:42 am »

Huh, nifty tool.  Though I could probably just find a way to screenshot my gameboy's competitive ready pokes box to get the same effect. :P

Really the only ones I don't have competitive versions of already bred and trained are Lunala, Xerneas, and Decidueye.  I never really got into any Ghost, Psychic or fairy types, and those are the only ones I actually used for a period of time even if only in story.

Yes I do have a competitive dragonair and seadra.  The dragonair is even marginally successful.  Oh and I have like, 3 Zoroark.  Zoroark is my fave overall.

P.S. After looking through it like others did...  I think I might like reptiles.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 02:59:23 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: September 02, 2017, 03:09:37 am »

Huh, nifty tool.  Though I could probably just find a way to screenshot my gameboy's competitive ready pokes box to get the same effect. :P

Really the only ones I don't have competitive versions of already bred and trained are Lunala, Xerneas, and Decidueye.  I never really got into any Ghost, Psychic or fairy types, and those are the only ones I actually used for a period of time even if only in story.

Yes I do have a competitive dragonair and seadra.  The dragonair is even marginally successful.  Oh and I have like, 3 Zoroark.  Zoroark is my fave overall.

P.S. After looking through it like others did...  I think I might like reptiles.
Lizards and wings seems to be your thing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: September 02, 2017, 05:04:52 am »

That feeling when the Multi Battle partner drops the ball in the end zone.

First, Colress:

His Muk was the last one left, and it got itself into a stall situation, eventually losing on turn sixty. It's notable because I couldn't back out, because both my team had fainted, so the game was just AI controlled until then.

Then, Cynthia:

Yes Cynthia I know Lucario-M Adaptability Close Combat is very strong but sometimes it's not an idea move to use, especially when your Lucario is all about coverage. What's that? Your Lucario is at -4 defense, and is outsped by an enemy pokemon likely capable of KOing it? Here's an idea: USE BULLET PUNCH, NOT TRY AND USE CLOSE COMBAT.

Lastly, Anabel:

by all means, waste a turn dragon dancing when the only one on the enemy side of the field is on 15% HP and could be KO'd by anything. Also goddamnit you knocked out my Z-Conversion Porygon you ass, with Earthquake.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: September 02, 2017, 07:54:18 am »

Spoiler: Mine (click to show/hide)
I feel like I might be operating off of slightly different standards from most people... :P Spot any patterns?

I love so many Pokémon that it's very hard to choose favourites, so if I did this again tomorrow it'd probably be different. A lot of mine also seem to be loaded into the same few types, so I couldn't find somewhere to put Lunala for example (who I love, but not nearly as much as Woobat and Shedinja). Only somewhat-arbitrary ones are Ground and Ice. The rest are all objectively the best, along with the other unlisted ones that are also the best.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: September 02, 2017, 09:16:21 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's too many mons I like, so I picked some that I think look cool, some that are actually good, and some that I liked so much that I included them in one party or another even if they weren't great :P

Dragon, for instance...I don't use a lot of dragons. Mostly just plot ones, really. Same with Ice. I'm terrible at remembering what Ice is good and bad against.

On the other hand, you have Farfetch'd. Farfetch'd might be near the bottom of the tiers, but he's first-tier in my heart.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: September 02, 2017, 09:34:10 am »

Hey guys here's my favourite

More seriously, though:

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: September 02, 2017, 11:24:06 am »

I have one! I'm a bit of a traditionalist in regards to generations, and I haven't played Sun/Moon yet. I expect a lot of my preferences will change.

Also, I left out starters/legendries.

In making this I note that I have a large bias towards psychic types.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:22:51 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: September 02, 2017, 12:38:56 pm »

it took me a bit of time to choose some of the types. there's so much neat designs on each gen. i mean:

-Tropius is a classic, i would have put Meganium but this guy can fly
-Heatmor is interesting just for the fact that its an anteater and because it looks pretty steampunk-like
-Mantaine is one of those good designs of all time, it cannot learn fly which is a shame but i like manta rays
-Skitty is just too cute, there's so much cute designs for normals but Skitty is just above all, just look at it owo
-Emolga is the coolest of all the electric mouses because of being a flying squirrel, i would have given it extra points if it was a sugar glider but oh well.
-Gothitelle IMO is much better in design than Gardevoir, M-Gardevoir is cool yeah, but the Gothi line feels like it has much more character on it, maybe its because they also resemble Smoochum and Jynx
-Scraggy is adorable and Scrafty is cool as heck, the saggy skin pants make it double amazing
-Carracosta was chosen from all the other fossils because its design is quite a bit more realistic, its a sea turtle and its much more sea turtle than well, Blastoise (i think these are for freshwater anyways)
-Donphan is a cassic of all time, its a tire elephant, too cool to explain, besides, Phanpy is super cute :3
-Delibird wasnt the first thing on mind, but it kinda  grew on me, i mean, most people will go with the gen bird, or another underlooked bird like Farfetch'd which is also a favorite, but Delibird needs more love, its a flying penguin after all.
-Scolipede has an incredible design, its a giant centipede/millipede and it also looks like a mount,
-Dragalge is a leafy sea dragon, that's more than enough for me, i havent played since Gen V but im pretty sure this guy must be a better Kingdra (i think).
-Murkrow is a magical crow, Gen II has many of these strange but cool concepts that are only revised later on Gen IV, Hunchkrow is even cooler but Murkrow has much more cool on its simplicity.
-Golurk wasnt the first choice, Misdreavus was, but i think it just worth mentioning because its an animated golem, its ghost without explanation and it can fly (Tropius 2.0)
-Mamoswine is just badass, however, i feel 50/50 about its design, if it looked like a mammoth i wouldnt mind, but if they were gona go with the swine design i would have opted for a Musk Ox or Bison instead.
-Magneton is a classic of steel types, i would have chose Klinklang but the final design doesnt really live up to the concept, its the Gen V equivalent of Magneton but i just cant feel it good.
-Giratina is like, the only dragon type i think is cool enough, im not much of a dragon enthusiast anyways.
-Whimsicott was chosen because im currently playing Pokemon Uranium and from all the other fairies i think it catches the concept better than the others. its well whimsy, and its cute and fluffy and i wish i had one right now.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:11:31 pm by xaritscin »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: September 02, 2017, 01:08:17 pm »

Hey guys here's my favourite

More seriously, though:

Get on my level:

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: September 02, 2017, 04:06:49 pm »

I suppose I'm more of a design man. Half this stuff I never use in battle, I just like the way they look (although I didn't pick anything I've never caught.) Anyone else see a trend I'm missing? I can't tell if my favorites are basically random or if there's some factor that really draws me in.
Get on my level:

Gladion, I didn't know you used Bay12!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 04:16:15 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: September 02, 2017, 04:14:44 pm »

Anyone else see a trend I'm missing? I can't tell if my favorites are basically random or if there's some factor that really draws me in.
I think you like sharp angles, and things that look like penises?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: September 02, 2017, 04:53:35 pm »

Anyone else see a trend I'm missing? I can't tell if my favorites are basically random or if there's some factor that really draws me in.
I think you like sharp angles, and things that look like penises?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: September 02, 2017, 08:49:01 pm »

Here goes mine. Surprisingly, not all of them are birds, though almost half are.

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: September 02, 2017, 09:23:23 pm »

I'm a little surprised you have Comfey instead of Togekiss, since Togekiss is a bird and all. Okay, maybe not a bird, more of a stealth bomber.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 463