Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641267 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6255 on: September 19, 2017, 02:20:37 pm »

I'm trying to come up with a way to cheat the system and get all of them.

Maybe abusing Pokemon Bank and starting new save files for each of the various chus? My Sun file is, like I mentioned, just barely to the second island and I don't have anything particularly rare or powerful on it. Anything I *do* want to keep can go to the bank as well. I wouldn't sacrifice my Moon file (it's post-E4), but I won't be giving up much progress in Sun should this be a viable method.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: September 19, 2017, 04:27:44 pm »

The codes might be linked to your cartridge serial or Nintendo account, I'm not sure. Technically, they're already in the game's data, so it's probably possible to hack them in.
Since I haven't really paid attention to the anime since roughly the beginning of the Johto series, I don't know the look of each hat except the original.

Also, the Battle Royal doesn't set your level to 50, it reduces if above but leaves it where it is if below. That's why many people get suckered by it the second time they enter, the first time is part of the plot and uses a reasonably-leveled opposition. Oddly, the Bublapedia page picture for the Battle Royal has all combatants at Lv15, with the visible opposing trainer is an Office Worker, meaning it's not the plot battle.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: September 19, 2017, 05:39:35 pm »

The codes are linked to your game. Nothing is saved on your Nintendo account. Even your ownership of the game isn't saved on your Nintendo account. If you lose your 3DS you basically have to beg Nintendo to get your stuff back on a new one.

Just use PkHex or something if you really want them. Nobody cares anyway. Even the Pokemon VGC doesn't care. Lol, everyone just so happens to have legendary shinies with perfect IV. How convenient. Most of the playerbase understands how mind-numbingly boring most of the restrictions and penalties are anyway.

Though I personally never do it. It's such a pain in the ass to do. You have to export the save to the computer, manually set every single value for each Pokemon you want, making sure not to overwrite any existing slots, check for legality, then import them back into the game.

I think everyone would be happier if Gamefreak just removed IVs from the game. It's such a tedious mechanic.

*incoming "oh but it's so easy you just have to get a 5IV ditto and then hold down the left analog stick for 600 hours and you'll get one perfect Pokemon yay!"*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: September 19, 2017, 10:34:06 pm »

*incoming "oh but it's so easy you just have to get a 5IV ditto and then hold down the left analog stick for 600 hours and you'll get one perfect Pokemon yay!"*
There was a cloned 6IV shiny japenese ditto like 2 gens ago, that is still making the rounds. I have like 2 of them, both from wonder trade.  It's probably easier to randomly get that little mutant puddle of cyan randomly via wonder trade than it is to legit catch a 5iv ditto.   Breeding pokes with that thing is really the closest to hacking I've come since the days of FRLG.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with people hacking breedable pokes.  It's when people hack in 5 or 6iv unbreedable legendary pokes that it annoys me.  That you can't breeed them to have 100% perfect IVs is the legendaries' balancing factor, and people hacking them to be perfect is scummy.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: September 19, 2017, 10:40:07 pm »

Well, legendaries all start with 3 perfect IVs now anyway, so all you're really getting with hacks is 3 more, with a modest amount of patience you could catch something not significantly worse?

I mean, I guess I don't really care because I don't bother play PvP... but IVs totally suck.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: September 19, 2017, 10:51:01 pm »

I spent 2 days (on and off ofc)and caught a single 4IV suicune in ORAS(and that one didn't have the nature I wanted).  In 2 days I can breed a half dozen or so 5 or 6 iv normal pokes.  It takes significantly more time investment to get more than a 3 iv legendary than a normal poke.  Enough so to be essentially impossible to have a legit 5 or 6 iv legendary.

The new system for using bottlecaps makes it more possible, but those things seem rare too.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:53:22 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: September 20, 2017, 12:50:04 am »

There was a cloned 6IV shiny japenese ditto like 2 gens ago, that is still making the rounds. I have like 2 of them, both from wonder trade.  It's probably easier to randomly get that little mutant puddle of cyan randomly via wonder trade than it is to legit catch a 5iv ditto.   Breeding pokes with that thing is really the closest to hacking I've come since the days of FRLG.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with people hacking breedable pokes.  It's when people hack in 5 or 6iv unbreedable legendary pokes that it annoys me.  That you can't breeed them to have 100% perfect IVs is the legendaries' balancing factor, and people hacking them to be perfect is scummy.

Yeah, I have a box of 28 or so cloned 6IV shiny Imposter dittos. They won't wonder trade or regular trade, but they did in previous gen (6 -> 6, X to Alpha Sapphire) and passed through Pokebank safely, so I dunno. Maybe it's because they possess Imposter, which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist in Sun/Moon yet. Other pokemon I cloned via the Spider exploit on my old 3DS work just fine, like the natural 6IV N's Zoroark you get in Black2/White2 with a save that has interacted with Black1/White1. I generally don't use them anyway, I much prefer mass producing pokemon to send off on wonder trade; i'm currently handing out Durants and I've gotten some... interesting results.

I've traded away about ten or so so far. Highlights include:

Breedject Swinub, max HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, highish Spdef, "decent" spatk, +spdef -spatk nature, with Odor Sleuth/Fissure/Icicle Spear/Stealth Rock

Shieldon, decidedly mediocre but I haven't got one in Sun/Moon, so that's good.

Breedject Feebas, max HP, Spdef, Spatk, high attack, high speed, "decent" def, +spatk - spdef nature, with Splash/Hypnosis/Mirror Coat

a near perfect naturally bred Torchic - 31 everything but HP, which appears to be 29-30 based on the in game diagram, +speed -spatk, Speed Boost, Night Slash/Low Kick/Baton Pass/Endure. Night Slash is an egg move, inherited only from parents ranging from Dugtrio to Farfetch'd to various Dark types.

a perfect Aron, appears to be naturally bred, 31 everything, +Spdef - Spatk, Tackle/Harden/Iron Head/Stealth Rock.

I already have a breedject-tier Mamoswine from Gen IV, so that's okay, but the Feebas, Torchic and Aron are probably gonna be trained up. I have never used Aggron-M before so I look forward to trying it out.

I think everyone would be happier if Gamefreak just removed IVs from the game. It's such a tedious mechanic.

It's definitely not easy, no. I would like an easier method of obtaining the IVs we would like, but they provide a useful counterplay to things like Swagger or slow U-turns etc

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: September 20, 2017, 01:40:15 am »

In 2 days I can breed a half dozen or so 5 or 6 iv normal pokes.  It takes significantly more time investment to get more than a 3 iv legendary than a normal poke.  Enough so to be essentially impossible to have a legit 5 or 6 iv legendary.
Well, sure. But do you really need a maxed Attack IV on a special attacker? I guess my point is that the advantage is diminished.

As for more than 3 IVs, I don't think 4 is too hard -- isn't it 3/32? 3/64 if you want a specific nature, which is still better than 1/64 of getting a 6 IV from a 5 IV + 6 IV ditto. 'course hatching an egg is a bit faster than catching a legendary, but probably not dramatically so?

5 IV is a bit more ambitious, of course... not something I'd want to do on a regular basis.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: September 20, 2017, 04:00:07 pm »

I want to talk about the latest entry to the pseudo-legendary team.

Historically, pseudo-legendaries always carried Pokemon teams. They were brutally strong, many times actually more powerful than actual legendaries. They were cool, badass, and everyone wanted them. They took forever to level up and had amazing stat allocations.

For this latest generation, we got Kommo-o.

This guy:

----------------------------

At first glance this guy looks cool as shit. Also that typing, dragon fighting. Holy shit, what is that? Sounds amazing. What could go wrong?

Turns out a lot can go wrong, and this pseudo-legendary is probably the worst out of the entire pseudo-legendary name. This guy is the Chameleos to the Elder Dragon line. This guy is so trashcan that he's borderline PU tier despite having base 600 stats. Hell, I think Smogon only keeps him in RU as a sign of respect to his heritage, rather than tossing him straight into the bin.

So let's examine why:

1. His stat distribution

He suffers tremendously from what a lot of mixed attackers suffer from. Because he's not specialized in either attack or special attack, he ends up being mediocre in both. 100 in special attack or 110 in attack doesn't cut it in pseudo-legendary tier. Especially considering what else he has. See, other mixed attackers will sacrifice defense or special defense to make up for their offensive variety. Not this guy though. This guy sacrifices speed and HP. But he doesn't sacrifice enough speed, so he's not slow enough to take advantage of Trick Room.

So now you have a kinda wimpy special attacker who isn't fast enough to attack anything without a dragon dance and can't do enough damage without some kind of boost either.

2. His typing

At first glance dragon fighting is cool as shit. Completely new Pokemon typing! It's always badass when we get something like that, but now it's in pseudo-legendary form. Well, in this case it sucks dick.

4x weak to fairy ain't cool, especially when fairy types and fairy moves are everywhere. 2x weak to dragon and ice as well. That flying weakness too. This guy is basically weak to everything being used in competitive. And unlike a badass pseudo-legendary like Tyranitar or Metagross, this guy can't survive the hits. At best he can tank one hit. That doesn't cut it. And again, unlike Tyranitar or Metagross, he can't actually return the damage after tanking the hit. But we'll get to that.

3. His abilities

They're okay. Soundproof is useful, in that you'll become immune to hyper voice that has been pixellated or refrigerated. Overcoat is also quite useful against spore and weather, though people use Dark Void these days.

I think this is the only part I think I like about him. But even then... they aren't as good as something like Multiscale, Levitate, or Sand Stream are they?

4. His moveset

Oh my god, this is arguably his worst problem. His moveset is so trash. This fellow has no priority moves to compensate his terrible speed. So he needs to rely on Dragon Dance to be anywhere close to good. Except what's the point of Dragon Dance on this guy? He has only one good physical STAB move. Outrage. That's it. The fighting typing is completely worthless on him if he goes for physical attacks, as the only move that he has is Sky Uppercut... which is pretty trash. He doesn't even have Drain Punch.

So what's the alternative? Go special? He at least has some good special STAB moves in Clanging Scales and Focus Blast. But he needs Choice Specs to properly use those, as his base special attack isn't good enough. So now he has the problem of being forced to be choiced. And he's still too slow! And it's not like Choice Specs makes his damage obscene. It just makes it okay.

Because his movepool is so tiny, this guy ends up being completely predictable the moment he shows up. You know instantly he'll either be an ignorable threat in dragon dance, or he'll be choiced special attack. Anything else makes him trash. If he tries to go mixed then he does no damage AND is too slow.

Hell, anything this guy can do, Flygon kinda does better. Flygon. That guy isn't even a pseudo-legendary. That guy is like the Butterfree of Dragon-types. And this base 600 stat pseudo-legendary is outclassed by him. WTF.

5. Tl;dr

This is a pseudo-legendary who's not tanky enough to survive, weak to everything being used right now, not fast enough to kill, not strong enough to do good damage, doesn't have the proper tools to attack its enemies, and is completely predictable.

He's an embarrasment to the pseudo-legendary name.

If I were him I'd voluntarily lower my base stat points by 10 or something so I wouldn't be considered a pseudo-legendary. Then I could just be a kinda sucky fighting lizard.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: September 20, 2017, 10:22:46 pm »

I agree wholeheartedly.  He is the first poke I properly bred and trained in this generation, and while he wasn't terrible in battle tree doubles, he got destroyed everywhere else.  Poor guy, he's like the only fighting type I like the look of.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: September 21, 2017, 07:56:16 am »

Yeah, poor Kommo-o. Cool name, design and typing, shit everything else.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: September 21, 2017, 12:42:27 pm »

Spoiler: SUMO Spoilers (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: September 21, 2017, 01:00:47 pm »

Spoiler: SUMO Spoilers (click to show/hide)
That's good. It desperately needs a better steroid or a bigger movepool to be less predictable.

If those are fixed then it'd be pretty decent. I really want to like it because the design is great. I really like the concept of pseudo-legendaries to begin with. You get so much more attached to them.

It usually begins with you hunting down their first form somewhere with a 5% appearance chance. Then you slowly and arduously grind them up because their levelling rate is so low and their level requirements are so high. But you know it's gonna be worth it. And they become their true superpowerful form after a good, long while and they wreck the shit out of everything.

I think that makes you bond more with them. Way more than just throwing a bunch of balls at a legendary that you're just gonna stick in the bank anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: September 24, 2017, 08:33:20 pm »

Oops, just realized what page this was.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: September 24, 2017, 09:02:08 pm »

I gotcha covered.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses