Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641730 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6435 on: June 16, 2018, 12:48:39 pm »

Well, at this point it's easy because I'm horribly overleveled for everything that I'm facing. Not exactly sure how that happened, but sure enough.

Also, where do you get that item (whatever it is) that has Kirlia (male) evolve into that psychic-fighting type? It'd round out my coverage rather nicely. Well, almost- still need something that can properly handle grass types.
I can't tell you where, but I can tell you it's called a dawn stone

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: June 16, 2018, 12:52:30 pm »

An everstone will prevent them from evolving while they hold it, also the evolution is called gallade fyi

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: June 16, 2018, 02:14:04 pm »

Ah. Well, I hope I stumble across it soon, because having to cancel their evolution is starting to get rather old.

One thing that has always been rather lacking for me in gen 3 is a solid fire type, aesthetically; at least, one that isn't a starter. I suppose, given the prevalence of fairy typing now, that I should aim for something that has either poison or steel as well as fire moves. Hm.
Gen 3?

Get yourself a Weezing. Until today still one of the best walls in the game (actually better now due to fairy-types).

It won't really do a lot of damage, but it will tank no problem. It also has access to fire blast while being poison. Not to mention levitate makes it immune to one of poison-types biggest weaknesses. Earthquake.

If you're talking about omega ruby then... you've got quite a few nice options:

1. Muk (poison-type, has fire punch, really tanky, has curse to hurt more)
2. Aggron (massive physical wall, terrible against special, fairies hate him because they tend to be light and heavy slam destroys them. Also has fire punch)
3. Camerupt (has mega form in omega ruby I think, hurts like hell, quite tanky, slow as molasses)
4. Seviper (can kinda do anything. Is a snake. Has moves to fight whatever.)
5. Metagross (pseudo-legendary for a reason, has mega form, punches really hard, fairies hate him, no fire punch for some reason)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: June 16, 2018, 03:12:46 pm »

Belated reminder that the Larvitar Community Day is currently happening in GO, for another 45 minutes here in the US.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: June 16, 2018, 03:49:23 pm »

From what I remember, it depends on the Pokemon. Some do need to be traded and some can simply level up.  A quick look at Bulbapedia suggests that neither is the case however. A Dawn Stone works the same as a Fire/Water/Leaf/whatever stone. You use it on the Pokemon to evolve them at any time, not have them hold it while leveling up.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: June 16, 2018, 04:18:52 pm »

Remember, you can use the blank punching bags in Super Training to reset EVs.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: June 16, 2018, 04:23:48 pm »

It's entirely random, but it seems to me that if you keep tapping your pokemon to punch a standard bag you tend to find a whole lot more of them.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: June 16, 2018, 04:33:01 pm »

Well, got a dawn stone through one of those super-training things. Sweet. Now, this is going to be a tremendously stupid question- you evolve Pokemon that require holding an item to evolve by trading them to someone while holding the item, right? I have vague memories of that being the method you used way back in the day. No idea if that's still true.

If you're talking about evolving Gallade, the Dawn Stone is just a normal evolution stone - use it on them.

As for the question, you usually do trade while holding the item. One exception I know of is Gligar->Gliscor, that evolution occurs by holding the required item(Razor Fang) and leveling up at night.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: June 16, 2018, 08:32:08 pm »

Did someone catch a 100% perfect IV shiny Larvitar this Pokémon Go Community Day?
And evolve into Tyranitar it in time to get its special event-only move (Smack Down)?

Oh yeah.

It was me.

*dances*

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: June 16, 2018, 09:21:03 pm »

Congrats!  Mine is "wonderful" but only rated at 85%, heh.  Still, it's quite powerful!
And I was fortunate enough to get a 78% shiny, which is at 2992!  Shinies are pretty common during these community days, but still.  Will look good in gyms.

Not my nearest gym though, oh no...  I have a new pokemon for *that* gym.  Milotic, move over for Wailord XD
(It's so massive that it hangs out the side, far from the other defenders.  It's great)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: June 18, 2018, 03:39:03 am »

If it helps, Ultra Moon will actually show you which moves are Super-Effective the first time you meet a new mon, but for now... Good luck!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: June 18, 2018, 12:31:27 pm »

Wow so, Pokemon GO is getting trading... "Later this week"!  https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/friendsandtrading/

To summarize, you build up "friendship" by sending "gifts" (from pokestops) to other players using their friend codes.  This gives you bonuses when raiding together, decreases the stardust cost of trading, and eventually lets you trade shinies and legendaries.  Trading seems to require proximity.

There's a bit more too it...  It seems like the trade will generate a little net candy, and also the pokemon's stats might change?  Even based on your friendship level, which seems really weird?  I'm mostly skimming, I'm sure it'll make more sense in practice.

I'm leery about grinding up "friendship" levels with people.  It's the kind of "keep your friends playing" mechanic which I grew to hate in other games.  But I guess we'll see.  I have 3 friends who play a lot, only one of which I see daily, and then a large group of local raiders.  So I'll see how this all works at those different levels.
She/they

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: June 18, 2018, 10:02:24 pm »

It's about time they added trading, but I can understand wanting to make sure they did it well when they did.  Sadly for me, I know nobody in person who plays the game so I won't actually be trading with anyone, but still, it's good that they added it.

The stardust costs to trade seem pretty extreme, though.  I guess it's one way to avoid people just loading up on everything immediately by trading with a veteran.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: June 18, 2018, 10:34:20 pm »

Beat the game and the after-game, and... agh dammit. Wasn't expecting the sudden "pick a gen 2 starter now!" thing, and I haven't saved. Picking a gen 3 starter is fairly easy, but gen 2? Much harder. God forbid they force me to pick a gen 1 starter...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: June 18, 2018, 10:36:07 pm »

Beat the game and the after-game, and... agh dammit. Wasn't expecting the sudden "pick a gen 2 starter now!" thing, and I haven't saved. Picking a gen 3 starter is fairly easy, but gen 2? Much harder. God forbid they force me to pick a gen 1 starter...
You should try trading. It's super easy in the newer games. Then you don't have to worry about which starter.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 463