Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Let's Go Pikachu or Let's Go Eevee?

WUT
- 1 (11.1%)
Eevee
- 2 (22.2%)
Pikachu
- 1 (11.1%)
No.
- 2 (22.2%)
WHERE IS ZYGARDE
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: Let's A Go!  (Read 322946 times)

Ispil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6525 on: July 12, 2018, 03:49:58 pm »

Indeed. I think that Houndoom could be good, but not on this team. There'd have to be more effort into making sure that sunny day keeps persisting and he can properly burn everything to death (or, oddly enough, use solar beam). For now, I think I'll go with Zoroark.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."- Voltaire

I transcribe things, too.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: July 13, 2018, 07:55:31 am »

Heyo! I've been offline a while cause been playing the games and all. But I'm here to ask: does anyone have a spare Mareanie/toxapex with Regenerator for trade? I cannot seem to get one to spawn at all.
It's for breeding, so stats and nature don't matter, just female and HA.

Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: July 13, 2018, 07:42:40 pm »

Heyo! I've been offline a while cause been playing the games and all. But I'm here to ask: does anyone have a spare Mareanie/toxapex with Regenerator for trade? I cannot seem to get one to spawn at all.
I have one I can give you. When would be most convenient to trade?

EDIT: Actually, if anyone else is interested, I could send off a few more as well.  Bold nature, varying IVs, Haze egg move, and a Love Ball.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:55:56 pm by Culise »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: July 14, 2018, 01:36:02 am »

I have one I can give you. When would be most convenient to trade?

EDIT: Actually, if anyone else is interested, I could send off a few more as well.  Bold nature, varying IVs, Haze egg move, and a Love Ball.
Anytime this weekend, but I will be offline starting 5pm Central US time Saturday until late that night, unsure of when I'll be home though.((Family.))
But yeah, any Fem HA Mareanie/Toxapex will do.

EDIT: Oh i don't seem to have your Friend code somehow...weird, I was sure i did. I can get you mine or it should be in the First post in the safari section...just a heads-up
EDIT2: added you. sorry for the mix-up
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:45:25 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: July 14, 2018, 11:45:03 am »

Thank you for initiating the trade. I'll admit that the interface feels a bit more obtuse than previous versions to me, so I was having some difficulty in figuring it out.  Hope you enjoy your new Pokemon. ^_^

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: July 14, 2018, 12:44:20 pm »

And thank you! I have been trying for a female HA mareanie to catch for a long time, now that i have one i can begin work on the pokemon I promised a friend, and my own Toxapex.
And yeah, S/M/US/UM link trade system's UI is beyond awkward. Here's hoping future games are much better!

Ispil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: July 15, 2018, 12:31:27 am »

Is Weavile any good? Seems like it has speed and power going for it, but no idea whether there's something that does what it does but better or not.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:51:39 am by Ispil »
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."- Voltaire

I transcribe things, too.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: July 15, 2018, 02:26:59 am »

Is Weavile any good? Seems like it has speed and power going for it, but no idea whether there's something that does what it does but better or not.
Weavile is very good.

Basically a glass cannon like... 90% of all ice types. But will wreck shit up before dying.

Almost always uses Knock Off, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, and Pursuit. He's one of those Pokemon that despite you knowing exactly what moves he will have, he's still so hard to play around. It's really difficult to switch out / switch in to Weavile and usually the answer to Weavile is to try and kill it despite taking a loss or two.

The way you use him properly is to save him for last, when the enemy has a bunch of low hp Pokemon. Then he comes in and clears the field. He's in the same tier as most top tier Pokemon, though in SM he like many, many others are being outclassed by the deluge of legendaries.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: July 15, 2018, 05:21:03 pm »

Can confirm, Weavile is an excellent pokemon, who only got better with age due to the existence of Fairies, despite its weakness to them. Weavile, amusingly enough, appreciates a Fairy type on its team, as they're able to soak up and threaten Fighting types that would otherwise horribly threaten Weavile's papery defenses. Still, Weavile is very vulnerable to priority; it is very fast, but something like bullet punch or mach punch from anything with semi-decent attack is going to be putting it on ice.

It does have a fairly limited moveset, but it's one of those ones that are perfectly suited for what it wants to do. It wants to hit hard with both of its STAB, it wants priority to finish off things faster than it, and the moveset umiman mentioned is perfect for that. Pursuit almost guarantees a KO on fragile psychic and ghost types that aren't carrying coverage to deal with Weavile or are outsped by it. Knock Off, with its major buffs, is practically required on a lot of pokemon, and Weavile can utilise it really well due to its high attack, high speed and Dark STAB.
Icicle Crash is a simple no frills, strong STAB attack. Ice Shard is quick attack.

You could also use late game sweeper to come in on paralysed or slept pokemon and set up with Swords Dance, or run Taunt to shut down enemy stall. But really, Weavile does best as a very threatening attacker, who is usually going to force at least a trade or two.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSSESSED] [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: August 03, 2018, 05:20:35 pm »

(moving here from How Did You Last Die)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's because Girafarig is Normal/Psychic. It actually counters both Psychic(types) and Ghost, as it resists the former and is immune to the latter. And funnily enough, Psychic(the move) is basically the staple Psychic-type move, similar to how Flamethrower is for Fire-types.

Now that I think about it, Girafarig might be pretty good against the Elite Four, due to having type advantages over three of them.
Exactly!  When I originally picked Girafarig I did see the typing, and chose psychic-resistance over what felt like overusing a faq (evolving an Umbreon, and finding it TMs).  I already had a Girafarig in the PC.

Later I misremembered it as being dark/normal, heh.  But it's good!  Like you said, it's great for grinding the elite four, and will be amazing once it actually gets Crunch.  Even with Psybeam and Strength it's decent, tanking hits from the Psychic pokemon even if it can't punish them just yet.

And yeah, that's why I'm so obsessed with the move Psychic, it seems to be on every Psychic pokemon at that point :P
I was going to buy Psychic from the game corner, eventually, but I happened to find it from an NPC in Kanto.  Score!  I should probably go ahead and upgrade Girafarig's Psybeam into Psychic.

Aside, I keep thinking it's GirafaPIG for some reason.  And I named mine Freak, because it's low-key body horror, and I never expected to use him.  Them?  Pokemans are weird.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: August 03, 2018, 10:19:48 pm »

Later I misremembered it as being dark/normal, heh.

Well, thanks to the leaked Gold beta we now know that Girafarig originally was Dark/Normal, with an "evil twin" second giraffe head in the place of its chain chomp tail. So you can't really be blamed for assuming it was the type it was originally designed to be!

I really love everything that has come out of that discovery. Like that Umbreon was originally a Poison-type, and that's why its dex entries are all about its extremely poisonous sweat.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSSESSED] [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: August 11, 2018, 01:01:08 pm »

The Eevee Community Day is starting!  Runs for the next 3 hours here in the US (2-5 EST).  But it's also running tomorrow during the same times.

I'm expecting to get roughly 80% fricken Jolteons, as always...  But maybe Umbreons and Espeons will actually happen?  I'd *love* a Leafeon, but I don't have any reason to believe they're releasing more types for this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSSESSED] [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: August 12, 2018, 12:45:13 pm »

Double post because double community day:  Eeveent is restarting in 23 minutes here, 2-5 EST for the US.

From what I can tell, the main goal is shinies.  The "last resort" move stuck around when I evolved a Flareon during the event, and it's a strong normal move, but Calcy IV reports that Flamethrower has more DPS.  Probably due to the lack of STAB after evolving.

Importantly going forward:  There's a known method for getting additional Umbreons and Espeons (besides the 1 each from naming them after the show).  Apparently if you walk an eevee buddy for 10km before evolving, you get one or the other (based on night/day, as in the games).  Sorta like Feebas/Milotic, except without the UI indication.

Anyway, good luck everyone... myself included...  I only got 1 shiny yesterday, and I need to save it to become Leafeon (whenever that becomes possible).  Ideally people are aiming for 8 shinies lol, to get one of each including the as yet unreleased.  But maybe it doesn't matter that much - most of the shiny Eeveelutions don't look very different.

Mm, sour grapes~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSSESSED] [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Let's A Go!
« Reply #6538 on: August 21, 2018, 10:55:37 pm »

Who's the best legendary in Pokemon before Arceus, and why is it Celebi?
Because they're the special research reward in GO, of course!

Grass/Psychic who would obviously have been Fairy, if that was thing.  Only available through special RL event, like Mew.  Yet another reason nostalgic people play Crystal Clear, I reckon.

On a non-GO note - once I'm done with this Silver run (I feel like the Johto content is extra, and hunting down the Mimic girl for a train pass illustrates how unfinished it is) should I go for...

Crystal Clear (tempted, got it loaded)
SoulSilver
LeafGreen

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Let's A Go!
« Reply #6539 on: August 22, 2018, 10:35:50 am »

I'm just hoping I'll actually see Celebi at some point in Pokemon Go.  I still haven't seen Mew and I'm stuck on stage 5/8 of the quest chain to get it because it's taking months to find 8 ghost type pokemon, and that's even counting the ghastly and misdreavous encounters you get for field research.  Guess that'll resolve itself by Halloween, but then it'll take many months for me to get 400 magikarp candies so I can evolve a gyarados to finish the next stage...

Really wish I'd googled it before I evolved my current gyarados.  It took me over a year to get the candies needed, and I'm quite confident that the one I have now won't count.
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437