Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 636272 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Let's A Go!
« Reply #6540 on: January 19, 2019, 11:51:29 am »

He got tyed up in your line?
Randomizers look fun but I'd need to play Gen 3 vanilla first, or the novelty would be mostly lost on me heh.

Feebass event in 2 hours 15 minutes (USA)!  Lasts three hours as usual, but again it's special since you get the fishies from research tasks.  NEW ones, of course, and the description implied that you'll want to "explore" to spin various stops.  Makes sense, pokestops seem to "run out" of research quickly even in other community days.

I don't know what the research tasks will be, but they say the tasks will still work fine if held after the event ends.
Shiny Feebas on the line here!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: January 19, 2019, 11:52:07 am »

Speaking of feebas, that's the starter that I helped Wally catch.

Good luck, kid.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: January 19, 2019, 12:14:05 pm »

Heh, it's going to be beautiful!  One day.

Speaking of Gen 3 actually, GO is having an Hoenn "event" from a few days ago until the 29th.  I was mostly ignoring it (beyond seeing a lot more Corphish than usual), but it turns out that Brelooms evolved during the event will have an exclusive grass move (Grass Knot).

Breloom has decent CP, and is fighting which is *always* useful, but it's also grass type so I love it.  It's also a lot cuter than I would have expected from Shroomish.

CalcIV reveals that the Grass Knot move is only a hair more DPS than Dynamic Punch, and as grass-type it's a lot less useful against the typical normal-stacks in gyms.  I think I'll get a few anyway though, and maybe put Dynamic Punch back as a secondary attack on my strongest.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: January 19, 2019, 05:12:11 pm »

Shiny feebas is silly anyway, they're all shiny really, beautiful just the way they are. I'm very happy with these 16 awesome fish. Woo, gonna evolve them all.
* Rolan7 glances hopefully at last 3 research
She/they

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: January 19, 2019, 05:16:42 pm »

Battled Wally for the first time.

Still had his unevolved Feebas.

...Geez kid. Sorry.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: January 19, 2019, 05:22:38 pm »

I don't know how that randomizer works, but I'm betting it automatically does level evolutions and not special one.  That bites
(Like a fish see)
She/they

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: January 19, 2019, 05:32:58 pm »

You can set it to do that with trade pokemon, which I did.

Also, after lvl 40 I told it to force evolve everything so I wasn't fighting any lvl 40 squirtles, etc.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: January 19, 2019, 06:33:59 pm »

The fact that Feebas has only a single evolution might have something to do with it too. The Ralts that Wally normally catches has 3 stages after all, so the randomizer might condense 1 and 2 together if it has no other option.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: January 19, 2019, 07:10:50 pm »

Booyeah, I had three research left and the second one was shiny.
Damn this is an ugly fish
I can fix~

1/19 shiny though...  Lot of sad people in the local Discord, and that's despite most of us playing near that many unique, easily accessible pokestops.  Since only pokestop could ever give one research (and some people dropped the "hatch an egg" tasks since they were inherently harder than walking a magikarp buddy 1km).

His name is Penultimate and I just need to avoid getting spoiled on shiny Milotic until he's done
She/they

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: January 19, 2019, 08:39:03 pm »

So i have 5 stops i can easily get to this event. Maybe more if im not being lazy. And its too sunny out for me to wanna get burnt.
I spun my two usual stops before the event has started (i didn't see the jst) i promptly delete them one being hatch 5 for 3 rare candy. Will my event research be given to me on those stops after spinning them??
Im not caring about the shiny really i just want a good iv one though gold and black tail looks sweet.
Anyway if i can get an answer for that i would be happy
Love you guys

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: January 20, 2019, 03:55:10 am »

I got the 5 feebas and two are eligible bachelorettes. Funny day in general actually. Best catch was actually a hatch. Got my first slakoth. I remember at school my friend said that if you taught it rest and evolved it into vigorath it wouldn't fall asleep and heal itself haha stupid kids.
Best times playing fire red and ruby sapphire.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: January 20, 2019, 04:10:34 am »

Congrats!  I don't actually have a Slaking yet, just a vigoroth so far.  And heh, there are so many fun myths about Pokemon.  Particularly in older gens when everything wasn't so easy to just look up.
Ugh DND went on till 4AM, I'm so beat.
She/they

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: January 20, 2019, 02:22:20 pm »

I'd heard the shiny Feebas odds were terrible, but went out braving the snowstorm anyway, hoping against hope my ridiculous PoGo luck would come through for me one more time.

...and it did!

Of the 18 tasks I managed to complete, I ended up getting one shiny Feebas (male) and one 100% Feebas (female). I still have three more incomplete tasks to finish, but as far as I'm concerned I've already won this event.

Now I just have to... walk 40 km, I guess.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: January 31, 2019, 07:56:47 pm »

Finally finished walking my Feebas (it's been cold, okay??) and shiny Milotic is pretty oh wait what's that?  THEY RELEASED GALLADE 8D
AND TANGELA!!
And I guess some other things who cares ;D

If anyone wants to fight me for a chance at Sinnoh stones, try PMing me and maybe we can work that out.  Of course we'll need to be third-stage friends already, which I guess applies to like... 2 of you?  Otherwise you can only battle in person IIRC.  The first three battles you do, per day, have a chance of giving a Sinnoh stone (rather you win or lose).  I even got a couple rare candy by losing, the other day.  Usually it's a paltry handful of stardust though.
She/they

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: February 11, 2019, 03:49:46 am »

I've given up caring what they release anymore. Its all shit. Just fucking release it and fix your fucking spawns.
I dunno. I think im just getting less and less patient with video games. Ive been spoilt by solid gameplay and anything less is not satisfying. Dwarf fort has a place in my heart for solid gameplay.
I've also not gained a local trainer friendship base and that has led to disheartening gameplay.
I mean i did get with a girl a few times and only had to trade her a dratini but i wanted true friends. I guess its time to try discord and drive around kike everybody else does. Haha im such a loser
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 463