Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641047 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Let's A Go!
« Reply #6555 on: February 11, 2019, 12:24:12 pm »

Yeah, I resorted to downloading the game on my dad's smart phone and running an alt for trading, since I don't know anyone in person who plays the game.  I'll probably never get any pokemon that are 4-5 star raid exclusives, unless they run events for them that let you catch them as research tasks or something.

On that note, I should finally get a chance to get Celebi in the next week or two after I catch enough grass and psychic pokemon.  Only took me... six months?  I don't know how long ago the special research was added, but getting the gift and trade tasks done took ages.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: February 11, 2019, 01:39:52 pm »

Doing a week of research (usually?) gives a 5-star raid pokemon, which never flees.  The possibilities change over time, I got a Lugia yesterday.

But yeah, the game is pretty lacking without a local community and plenty of stops.  I wish they at least increased the spawn rates in rural areas, because it's really unfair that I have like 3-5 pokemon *at my house* at any given time.  Wasn't the case at my old apartment even, much less somewhere at all remote.

The game also stopped working on Kitkat with the recent update, so my housemate can't play anymore.  They're looking into it, but it took almost a week for them to even acknowledge the problem exists.  (And the response on Reddit was bafflingly out-of-touch.  People seemed amazed and suspicious that people would have older phones or tablets.  Lots of accusations of spoofing, bizarrely)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: February 11, 2019, 02:10:18 pm »

Doing a week of research (usually?) gives a 5-star raid pokemon, which never flees.  The possibilities change over time, I got a Lugia yesterday.

Yeah, this is what I was referring to.  I have Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Suicune, Raikou, Entei and Lugia this way, but don't have Ho-oh yet because the rewards were random in January and February, so you have to get lucky to get Lugia or Ho-oh.  I did finally get Mew through its special task, and Celebi soon.  I don't have Mewtwo or any of the gen 3 or later raid pokemon because they haven't been added this way, and some like Mewtwo may never be done like this so as to keep them an exclusive reward for people who manage to beat the raids.

But yeah, the game is pretty lacking without a local community and plenty of stops.  I wish they at least increased the spawn rates in rural areas, because it's really unfair that I have like 3-5 pokemon *at my house* at any given time.  Wasn't the case at my old apartment even, much less somewhere at all remote.

Yeah, I've got one spawn location outside of my house, but it usually doesn't have anything up.  Fortunately, there is a gym and pokestop on my commute home (barely within walking distance), so I get by, but the lack of other players makes raids and trading a problem.

The game also stopped working on Kitkat with the recent update, so my housemate can't play anymore.  They're looking into it, but it took almost a week for them to even acknowledge the problem exists.  (And the response on Reddit was bafflingly out-of-touch.  People seemed amazed and suspicious that people would have older phones or tablets.  Lots of accusations of spoofing, bizarrely)

Huh, that's interesting.  As a developer I get the desire to have people on the newest platform possible, but also have to wonder what they could have done to break the old OS's compatibility.  Might have had something to do with Google no longer accepting apps or app updates for very old OSes, but I don't think Kitkat is that old.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: February 13, 2019, 01:24:52 am »

I have a gym and two pokestops on my street until I move soon.
But yeah I don't raid much so my perfect articuno from research was a boon to myself. I just finished the celibi quest today and I haven't claimed it yet. Will do it when I need a good dopamine hit.
I really want a munchlax but no eggs have been received.
I hope the next main pkmn game is done well. I liked colosseum. It was a good direction in parts. Like the ones with stuff in it... ehh im done for

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: February 13, 2019, 02:11:46 am »

I just finished the celibi quest today and I haven't claimed it yet. Will do it when I need a good dopamine hit.
Yeah relatable.
Sat on this stupid Meltan box for like a week after getting it from the local raid group.
Game mechanics updated:  "Hey there's a special week where you'll be able to unlock the boxes more often"
...That's the meta?  Receiving the boxes on demand, such that it's a bonus to be able to open them more often?
*be warned, if you open a box before the event starts, the timer will be the full week instead of the few days*
fuck you too, assholes
I really want a munchlax but no eggs have been received.
It's good to have goals. 

I hope the next main pkmn game is done well. I liked colosseum. It was a good direction in parts. Like the ones with stuff in it... ehh im done for
I hope there's a pkmn game for PC *dies of drunk, the only way anyone could ever imagine such a thing*
(Pokemon Uranium, which obviously doesn't exist anymore, and TieTuesday never did a beautiful stream of... was actually super dang offal)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: February 13, 2019, 08:00:23 am »

Actually, pokemon uranium DOES still exist and is still in development...

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: February 14, 2019, 01:04:40 am »

Yay another pogo event wherein they are shit at least that's what I saw on the internet. The lures are being whacky. Double candy is ok.
Ever since i got the update today my gps has been throwing me around the block. For bad and for worse. A new instinct multi account guy has been filling the beach gym with baby pokemon. If I see him I will talk to him and probably end up scolding the guy. Though I don't doubt that its probably a spoofer as well seeing as he drops them in at midnight.
Then i can pull out my 3ds and destroy him with my shuckle

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: February 14, 2019, 11:54:29 pm »

Actually, pokemon uranium DOES still exist and is still in development...

THIS. game still going strong so far, there even was a Wondertrade Extravaganza event recently. of course there's no ETA on the missing post-game content but some patches with little things coming here and there are fine enough for now, they have to finish what the devs couldnt because of the legal issues so it will probably take some time to see the Sea Monster Trio, the 2 Gods of the region and the story around the "Inspiration" pokemon.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: February 15, 2019, 02:36:39 pm »

Just keep getting new devs every time Nintendo complains

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: February 18, 2019, 02:59:56 pm »

Does anyone know what happens in Pokemon Go if you have an unused pokemon encounter from research tasks, but complete another task that gives you a pokemon encounter?  Does the old one disappear, or do you keep it?  Is there a limit?

I just completed the task that gives you an aerodactyl encounter, which I know I'll need for the meltan tasks later, but don't want to not complete research until then.  I'd like another shot at Ho-oh before the end of the month.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: February 18, 2019, 07:08:42 pm »

If you finish another quest, the reward encounter ends up "stacked" in the same slot. I can't remember if it's first-in-first-out or first-in-last-out, but you can stack up several and then go through and catch them all one-by-one. There's a limit of 100 stacked reward encounters (beyond which stuff is just lost), but there's nothing wrong with holding on to a few for later. I did the same with the Aerodactyl for my Meltan quest.

The stacking mechanic actually caused a big mess last year when Niantic broke everything in classic fashion.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But yeah, it's perfectly fine. Go ahead and keep completing research, as long as you don't make an extreme habit of never catching any of them you won't lose anything.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: February 18, 2019, 07:43:33 pm »

Oh, excellent, that's what I hoped for.  Interestingly, I couldn't find any information on how many could be stacked, which is surprising given that whole bug debacle.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: February 18, 2019, 08:30:46 pm »

In other news, as of last night there has been another leak revealing a bunch of very old, scrapped pre-release Pokémon assets!

It's for gen 1 this time, and it's nowhere near as extensive as the previous Spaceworld Gold demo leak for gen 2. Main thing is only back sprites were released this time, so some of them are still pretty mysterious. There are fanmade interpretations of what the front sprites might look like floating around already, but those are just speculation based off of the back sprites.

A few key points of interest:
- Baby Zubat, resembling a tiny ball with big bat wings
- A third evolution for Squirtle that replaced (or existed alongside?) Blastoise, resembling a bigger Wartortle
- "Gorochu", a scrapped horned third-stage evo for Pikachu that was mentioned once in an interview but has never been seen in any form before now
- An evolution for Marowak. It has a baby Cubone in its arms. It's Cubone's mom!

And some other stuff:
- A thing that's literally a balloon with a face on it
- A two stage line of squids
- A two-stage line of (possibly) fighting fish?
- Some of the Spaceworld Demo babies were originally supposed to be in Gen 1! (Baby Vulpix, Baby Meowth, Baby Ponyta and Baby Goldeen)
- Kotora the electric tiger from the Spaceworld Demo was originally supposed to be in Gen 1, and have two evolutions instead of one!
- Several other weird-looking things

It's pretty exciting that this kind of thing is popping up more often, now. My favourite thing on the list is probably the Zubat baby, if only because I'm biased and love bat Pokémon. If you count these unreleased forms, this means Pikachu and Zubat are the only Pokémon who have (sort of) had four-stage evolutionary lines designed for them.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: February 18, 2019, 08:37:21 pm »

The ones labeled #79 and #80 look like early concepts for Houdnour and Houndoom. The one labeled "Ice Yokai" in the top-right corner has a face similar to Jynx's as well, possible evolution idea?

Still, a lot of nightmare fuel in that pic.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: February 18, 2019, 08:49:54 pm »

The nightmare fuel mostly comes from the front-facing sprites, which are apparently (very very loose) fanmade interpretations. Like the "Crocky". Where the hell did those massive bug-eyes come from?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 463