Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 640373 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Let's A Go!
« Reply #6570 on: February 18, 2019, 09:00:21 pm »

*snip*

"Gorochu", a scrapped horned third-stage evo for Pikachu that was mentioned once in an interview but has never been seen in any form before now

*snip*

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: February 18, 2019, 09:05:52 pm »

The nightmare fuel mostly comes from the front-facing sprites, which are apparently (very very loose) fanmade interpretations. Like the "Crocky". Where the hell did those massive bug-eyes come from?
I should've mentioned, the front-facing sprites included in this particular image are actually legitimate. They came from an image scanned from a manga about Satoshi Tajiri, which is why they have weird print artifacts on them.

So Crocky actually just looks like that.

Any other (cleaner) front sprites you might see floating around over the next few days would be fan-works, though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: February 18, 2019, 09:06:46 pm »

Ah. Well. My mistake, then.

I still say it still doesn't look anything like the backsprite.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: February 18, 2019, 10:28:32 pm »

https://helixchamber.com/2019/02/16/what-dreams-may-come/

An article from the team that released it that goes into more detail on what's known about the new (old) Pokémon, as well as a lot of other stuff like early trainers, maps, moves and other game data.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: February 26, 2019, 11:49:12 am »

So, supposedly you can get smeargles in Pokemon Go now by having them photobomb you when taking photos of your pokemon in the new photo system.  After photobombing you, they're supposed to appear nearby with abilities copied from the pokemon you were taking photos of.

I just tried it but didn't get anything after about 5 pictures.  I'm guessing it's probably very rare, but does anyone know if it even works on phones that don't support AR?  The pokemon does appear on a black screen and you can take pictures, so I'm guessing it does.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: February 27, 2019, 08:38:52 am »

It's supposed to work on all phones, regardless of if they have AR+, regular AR only or no AR capabilities.

I fall in the second group, and I'm a little bit bummed that I got saddled with the same snapshot system as phones without gyroscopes (just sticking a non-rotatable image of the Pokémon in the middle of your camera field). You'd think they could at least give us something on the same level as the AR catch screen, but I guess they didn't want to have to maintain 3 different versions of the same feature...

It is supposedly pretty rare though. Some people took hundreds of photos before finding one, and early reports have it seemingly limited to one Smeargle per day.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: February 27, 2019, 09:26:34 am »

I didn't get one in about 200 photos so far, but will try again today.

And yeah, I'm disappointed that the snapshot feature doesn't let you do anything with the pokemon if you don't have a gyroscope.  I was hoping I could at least drag the pokemon around or rotate it manually somehow.

In other news, Pokemon Sword and Shield was just announced: Kotaku article

I kind of wish the bunny starter was less of a meowth, but I'm definitely getting a Switch now.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 10:11:41 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: February 27, 2019, 11:12:53 am »

Those names hurt and the designs look uncomfortable in the game screenshots, although the drawings look fine

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: February 27, 2019, 12:28:32 pm »

The brittan region's pretty cool, but those starter pokemon look like nothing.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah the names sound a bit rushed. design wise i guess its fine they try to reinvent each time they make new starters, allthought the animals they picked for the region is a bit weird. i mean, a hare and a salamander/tadpole make sense for a region cold and humid but the monkey, we already had a grass type monkey in the past, they could have chosen something else, there must be a lot of interesting critters in Great Britain that could be picked for a grass starter. putting a monkey there seems off compared to the other starters, moreso when there's a precedent of that mix in Gen V.

the issue with Scorbunny apart of its name is the way they picked the colors, so far it looks like its based in a Soccer/Football player but the whole white fur with only a few tips of red dont provide a good contrast, it could have at least had red fur on the feet and yellow on the legs to make it look more like it was wearing socks and shoes but oh well.

as for Sobble, i kinda like it, the 3D model doesnt get the same quality as the 2D artwork but it reminds me of something you would find in Pikmin for some reason so i dig it as a possible adventure partner were i get to obtain a copy of the game.

what im most interested in however is on seeing the regular species that populate the Galar region, so far the trailer only shows encounters with pokemon from past generations.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 01:35:33 pm by xaritscin »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

>Fire pokemon thats a soccer player
>Soccer typically uses kicks
>kicks
>We fire/fighting starter again boys
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>kicks

"god please no! no! no! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!.........."

okay its been like 2 generations without a Fire/Fighting starter but the idea should be to shake things a bit. Water/Psychic, Grass/Fighting and Fire/Steel should be the way to go (i hope). after Delphox and Incineroar it would be too lame to go back in that track.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Region looked pretty good, starters looked pretty dumb. Scorbunny looks cute except...

>kicks

*Screeches internally*

I guess as soon as it becomes Bank-compatible, I'll porting a Mawile over. It's Britain, so there's likely a bunch of Dragons that a Steel/Fairy-type can munch on.

EDIT: Just realized the acronym for these titles is SWSH - "swish".
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:37:07 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

To be fair, our fire-cat pro wrestler ended up being Fire/Dark, and our water samurai otter ended up pure Water (in a case of wasted potential, but what is, is).  We could easily get a curve ball, as highly amusing as another Fire/Fighting starter would be.

For my part, this may well be the straw that pushes me into finally getting a Switch.  I skipped a release for the first time with USUM, but we shall see.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen some comparisons of Scorbunny to the Energizer Bunny. Maybe it'll evolve into a Fire/Electric-type. Nobody will see that coming.

But then, what will the others evolve into? Grass/Rock, Water/Poison?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 463