Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 640452 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Our boy did it
« Reply #6705 on: November 26, 2019, 09:55:47 pm »

Blipbug(Rare)

Blipbug wasn't rare. I certainly encountered several in a row. I never saw them walking around though, they were always hidden grass encounters.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: November 26, 2019, 11:06:57 pm »

who names their kid Hop
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: November 27, 2019, 05:27:16 am »

who names their kid Hop
Who lets their 10-12 year old go on a cross country journey filled with massive wild animals and thugs and evil organizations?
PokeMoms! But hey they are hot PokeMoms, so let 'em get away with it lol. ((Yes, in this case:PokeMums!))
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: November 27, 2019, 08:57:48 am »

Who lets their 10-12 year old go on a cross country journey filled to dogfight with massive wild animals and thugs and evil organizations?
PokeMoms! But hey they are hot PokeMoms, so let 'em get away with it lol. ((Yes, in this case:PokeMums!))

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: November 27, 2019, 03:06:54 pm »

Who lets their 10-12 year old go on a cross country journey filled to dogfight with massive wild animals and thugs and evil organizations?
PokeMoms! But hey they are hot PokeMoms in your area, so let 'em get away with it lol. ((Yes, in this case:PokeMums!))
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: November 28, 2019, 04:46:31 pm »

The police officers store their pokeballs on large fidget spinners strapped to their thighs.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: November 28, 2019, 08:23:08 pm »

The police officers store their pokeballs on large fidget spinners strapped to their thighs.
Milo and Alistair do too.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: November 28, 2019, 11:42:14 pm »

Although, from what I've seen the pokeballs they carry/throw at the start of combat are not actually from those silly holsters - there's always 6 strapped on, regardless of what's in their hands or how many pokemon they actually have.

(A rather minor quibble, I'll grant.)

Edit: Was just in a raid battle with an NPC cop that actually only had 5 in their holster, so looks like they thought it through more than I gave credit for. (Still the issue of unused balls, though.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:54:44 pm by Dostoevsky »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: November 29, 2019, 12:14:32 am »

Obviously it's because the cops can only call for their max IV fully EV Trained Shiny Tyranitar in a SWAT type situation.   Arcanine is just for the pokemon equivalent of a traffic stop.

(not that you couldn't do some ludicrous stuff with an arcanine last gen... like become typeless)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 12:16:28 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: November 29, 2019, 07:25:54 pm »

Is it possible to make bad curry in Sword and Shield?  So far I haven't been very adventurous, but also haven't had any disasters.  I'm also not entirely sure how the fanning the flames part of cooking is supposed to go, or putting your heart into it.  Presumably all of the steps impact the final rating, but I assume that the ingredients matter just as much.

Time to look up a recipe list.  At least the game is nice enough to remember recipes for you, unlike Breath of the Wild.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: November 29, 2019, 07:53:41 pm »

I just broke down earlier today and looked that up -- turns out it is somewhat intuitive in how it works.

The ingredients do play a large part of the rating, with certain flavor profiles working better with certain main ingredients. The flavor profile is determined by the berries you pick (descriptions of berries give a sense of whether they're bitter, sweet, spicy, etc.), then you end up with one of several different variants of each main ingredient. I wouldn't be surprised if different main ingredients have ceilings or floors in rating, but doesn't look like anybody's done the full research yet.

Skill at the minigame does play some role in the ultimate rating (people don't seem to be sure how much of one, though), and the end result in one of five ratings. I think the lowest rating might be limited to actively mucking up the cooking process.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: November 29, 2019, 07:59:38 pm »

I just looked up a guide too and it looks like I wasn't fanning the flames hard enough.  Looks like the berries also don't seem to impact the rating if the flavors don't match the base ingredient, with more and rarer berries appearing to always be better.  I'm... a little skeptical and disappointed if that's true, but I'll try it out the next time I play.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: November 29, 2019, 08:27:18 pm »

I don't even know how to time the fanning properly. Do you mash the button or is there are certain point in the swing motion that you press to swing the other way? Can you make it too hot? Controls for stirring - using the stick, I haven't tried it by undocking the joycon - don't seem to be very responsive, resulting in a poor stir.

I also wonder what effects having multiple people will have. There are NPC camps you can visit, but they stir about as well as I do.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: November 29, 2019, 11:57:10 pm »

From what I've read, and some casual testing seems to confirm this, you want to fan the flames to about a medium level supposedly sparkles start coming out of the pot and your pokemon react when you are doing well.

You want to stir somewhat quickly but not so quickly that you see splashing.  And you want to throw the still bloody severed human heart in so that it's in the lighter circle when it disappears so you have to toss it a bit before the line gets there.  I have not seen any difference in the quality of the human heart, so I've just been tossing harvested hearts from my rimworld game and it does the trick.

I've been getting the elephant rank consistently since I started doing that and not just going nuts.  Have not seen charizard rank yet though.  It might need more folks to get it.  Though elephant already refills hp cures all status and refills pp so I'm not sure what else char could bring to the table.

So how you fan does not matter it's just the size of the flame, and yes it can get too hot.  For stirring, I use a pro controller which does not seem to react to motion so I just use the stick, I think as long as yer going a reasonable even speed and not going so fast you splash everywhere yer fine.  NPCs seem to do OK but have not seen much benefit from them.  Players I've tried just stir wildly, but I think that will die down once more people know how it works.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 12:02:27 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: November 30, 2019, 02:28:09 pm »

I just gotta say this quip is why I love the Orbeetle line:
"Sir, there's a Blipbug on the Dottler Radar, shall I contact the Orbeetle satellite for a visual?"
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 463