Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641723 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Our boy did it
« Reply #6750 on: December 11, 2019, 02:23:30 pm »

I mean, Pokemon story has basically been "brainstorm some set pieces, connect them with nothing" since they came out with the anime.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: December 11, 2019, 03:20:30 pm »

I remember the first games' plot clearly: An old man bribes you to come to his house with candy an animal, his son chooses the one that should beat yours in a rock-scissors-paper fight, but is wildly incompetent and loses, you want a bike, you do some stuff to get a ticket, trade the ticket for a bike, you get on a cruise ship with team rocket, team rocket tries to steal fossils, you win the right to bring one fossil back to life as a pokemon, then you fight the elite 4 for some reason.

Edit: I left out the zubat cave where you learn the light HM. I'm not sure if that was a plot point or not.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:23:30 pm by Iduno »

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: December 11, 2019, 03:50:03 pm »

Don't forget that Team Rocket took over a giant company somehow to get their hands on a device that can see ghosts, which are currently rampaging through a graveyard tower. Also the head of Team Rocket is actually the first gym leader you would have seen if he wasn't too busy running the Pokemon mafia.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: December 11, 2019, 03:58:35 pm »

I remembered there being a ghost tower, but just assumed that, like everything pokemon, the reason you climbed it was "Pokemon?".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: December 11, 2019, 04:07:58 pm »

I remember the first games' plot clearly: An old man bribes you to come to his house with candy an animal, his son chooses the one that should beat yours in a rock-scissors-paper fight, but is wildly incompetent and loses, you want a bike, you do some stuff to get a ticket, trade the ticket for a bike, you get on a cruise ship with team rocket, team rocket tries to steal fossils, you win the right to bring one fossil back to life as a pokemon, then you fight the elite 4 for some reason.

Edit: I left out the zubat cave where you learn the light HM. I'm not sure if that was a plot point or not.
Minor quibble, Team Rocket wasn't really involved in the cruise ship at all. I'm not sure there was a single Rocket Grunt on the entire thing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: December 11, 2019, 04:09:18 pm »

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: December 11, 2019, 08:46:02 pm »

Minor quibble, Team Rocket wasn't really involved in the cruise ship at all. I'm not sure there was a single Rocket Grunt on the entire thing.
Yep. The cruise ship was entirely because you needed to learn how to cut down trees, which you got from the captain in return for giving him a backrub to treat his seasickness.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: December 11, 2019, 09:12:28 pm »

Minor nitpick for you guys Dunamisdeos specified
since they came out with the anime.
which would imply after the release of red and blue/green :P

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: December 12, 2019, 09:14:22 am »

Minor nitpick for you guys Dunamisdeos specified
since they came out with the anime.
which would imply after the release of red and blue/green :P

And I was pointing out that the plot was just a list of non-connected ideas before the anime.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: December 14, 2019, 12:08:12 am »

On a different note, after fishing up a feebas (took 131 tries) and spending forever trying to catch a wishiwashi before moving to somewhere with a higher spawn rate, I have concluded that I really hate fishing in pokemon games.  And... honestly don't feel like I have the patience for wasting time with random battles until I get the pokemon I want.  Each try for feebas took a full 30 seconds of playing animations, raichu bouncing up and down and telling me it was awaiting my orders, etc.  I am very thankful that the overwhelming majority of pokemon are visible on the overworld and don't have this problem.

The pokedex says "Habitat Unknown" for Milotic, but you can actually find it at Lake of Outrage or South Lake Miloch during foggy weather.

Caught one last night and bred it for Feebas. I've almost got all the pokemon I can get without trading.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: December 14, 2019, 01:37:23 am »

In Pokemon Go I just realized that many of the legendaries have potential.  And at level 36, fights against Team Rocket are fricken brutal!  Have to pick my best three for the sitch.

And I beat all three!  Each fight was a brawl to remember!

and then I got a mission to beat them

*a month passes as I try things and fail*

I beat Arlo.  Eventually.  They had "steel" I think, but favored scyther/golbat/scizor
Now I just need to beat the guy and the gal.
...again!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 08:45:40 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: December 15, 2019, 01:45:58 am »

Meanwhile, I've only managed to find 7 shadow pokemon to purify since the event started and have only found 3 raids that I was able to solo in that time span.

I'd have had 9 shadow pokemon by now if I didn't run into the stupid grunts with the 3 hitmonchans twice.  I don't have any pokemon that can beat them because they have like 7000 CP and none of my psychic or flying type pokemon are strong enough or up to the challenge.  Even my legendaries like Lugia got stomped.

No idea what I'll do once I get to the point that I have to fight the named Team Rocket members.  It'll be a month or two before I get to that point in the quest anyway.  So far I've only seen one of them pop up at a pokestop, and didn't even bother trying to fight them.

Also, I dropped my Switch like a doofus earlier today and broke the left joystick on it, so I can't play Sword and Shield right now.  I'm at the point of just completing my pokedex anyway, but I've got a lot left to do there.  I'm at 312/400 pokemon, if I remember right.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: December 15, 2019, 05:12:15 am »

Enjoying a bit of endgame sword and shield in my usual way of breeding and training pokes for online.  The reduced dex is very limiting (want a pokemon with storm drain? I hope you like gastrodon because it's your only choice) but it does do the job of making you try pokes you would not have considered before. 

I probably never would have considered a galvantula before, but that little bug does some work.  Open with a light screen and your opponent will taunt it, then jokes on them because It's going to drop some 100% accuracy in neutral weather thunders on their head thanks to compound eyes and a wide lens and a nice f-you energy ball against ground types.  And in doubles throw out a string shot and you've just nullified their tailwind or forced a 2 poke switch.

Rapidash is both a psychic and a fairy that I don't hate the design of making it the first of both types I've ever actually bred, trained, and used, and for some reason nobody ever seems to expect the horse to know high horsepower.

And I'm actually using a lapras for once because it's one of the few dracovish counters available which isn't a ugly looking giant slug which opened my eyes to the advantages to a bulky pokemon capable of healing.  Freeze dry looks terrible on paper but has been doing work against the gastrodons people switch in to defend against it.  And it's hilarious leaving a staller to set up the whole match while I pick off their partner pokemon in 2v1 only to start using sheer cold on them when they are the last one left.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 05:25:19 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: December 15, 2019, 08:42:03 am »

Also, I dropped my Switch like a doofus earlier today and broke the left joystick on it, so I can't play Sword and Shield right now.

You can turn on casual controls, which allows you to play with one(either) side of the controller.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: December 15, 2019, 03:07:42 pm »

True, which has let me get by for the moment.  It's good enough to grind on mandibuzzes in this one spot so I can evolve pokemon to fill my pokedex.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 463