Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641558 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: MYSTERY DUNGEON REMAKE
« Reply #6840 on: January 27, 2022, 05:04:37 am »

They had Pokéballs, at least.

I was under the impression that the iconic red-and-white Pokeball was a recent invention in-universe. Like, shortly before the events of Gen I recent. But I guess not.

Maybe it was just the process of mass production that was invented, which somehow creates Voltorb as a by-product. Then again, looking Voltorb up on Bulbapedia states that whatever creates Voltorb happens with apricorn-based Pokeballs too, especially since PL:A Voltorb are Electric/Grass.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: January 27, 2022, 08:52:19 am »

It's not out yet, comes out tomorrow.  There is a leaked copy floating around which some people have played.  I dunno.  I'm intrigued, but I'm still a little leery of actual pokemon games.  Showdown is a lot of fun but the games really feel like the fundamentals are still in the 90s, and a lot of the reviews make me feel like this is only an incremental improvement.  Interesting improvements, but is the game still gonna be baby-easy and kind of boring.
Shoes...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: February 17, 2022, 07:41:42 pm »

Arceus game is great. Been wasting all my time perfecting pokedex entries (ignoring poor kidnapped growlithe and Bay12.) Plenty of shinies without even perfecting the entries or cheesing swarm encounter RNG. First shiny was a drifloon, which I accidentally KO'd (without realizing that saving first works.) Caught the guaranteed shiny ponyta and then a psyduck. Got 9 shinies so far: Starly, kricketot, scyther, hippopotas, ursaring, bidoof, ponyta, psyduck, and a different drifloon.

Spent all day trying to catch Mesprit. And failed. Did manage to paralyze it and get it to critical health, but I still rarely get more than one shake with a Quick Ball. The other two aren't nearly as much a pain in the ass. No idea if it can be locked down with Mean Look or Shadow Tag(not that I can get Shadow Tag at this point). Arena Trap won't work, due to Mesprit having Levitate.

Did pin down most of the mechanics on how it moves around though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I caught it in the watery route west of Jubilife. Exit and enter the city from the other directions until it shows up in the route (which is a dead-end for it,) then find it surfing in the water. Used a golbat with mean look to buy an extra turn (can't stand up to psychic but high speed, might've done better with high friendship or focus band.) Threw two ultra balls per encounter.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: February 27, 2022, 02:31:50 pm »

« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 02:47:46 pm by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: February 27, 2022, 02:39:10 pm »

I feel like it's rather soon for a Gen IX.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: February 27, 2022, 02:49:38 pm »

It feels that way to me too, but three years is pretty normal for GameFreak ever since they stopped adding third-version games.  They have a bit of an obsessive need to push games out on a rapid schedule for heavens-only-know-what reason (money).  From the sound of the release announcement and the look of the trailer, they're also building a lot off the PLA engine.  Seamless open-world is a bit buzzwordy, but would fit an enhanced version of that engine.

Also, editing the above post to use the English trailer instead.  I didn't realize it was already out as well, though I really should have.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 02:51:26 pm by Culise »

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: February 28, 2022, 12:01:02 am »

Scarlet and Violet...is it just me, or does it really sound even more like some GB(A)-era hack than BW?

As for Gen VIII including Legends: Arceus, It has certainly already lasted longer than Gen VI, at least.

Either way, all these dodging around and ambushing things from tall grass in the wild is giving me a lot of Horizon Zero Dawn vibes - maybe they'll add more of the acrobatics next generation, too.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: March 01, 2022, 09:27:52 am »

I feel like it's rather soon for a Gen IX.

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm hopeful for it since it's built like Arceus and not Sword and Shield.  A lot remains to be seen, but it's a good direction for the franchise to go.

And I love grass kitty already.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: March 01, 2022, 09:32:53 pm »

They have a bit of an obsessive need to push games out on a rapid schedule for heavens-only-know-what reason (money). 
Spoiler: You know what it is (click to show/hide)

Pokemon GO got a bunch of Alolan Pokemon today!  We have had access to Alolan variants of earlier pokemon for a long time, but now we've got a bunch of ones from Melemele IIRC.  Pipikek, Popplio, Yungoos, Litten, and surely more.

TBH I always have to look up what generation Alola is.  For Galar they gave us Wooloo (so I know it's Sword/Shield from the memes), and also Stunfisk, Darumaka, Falinks and Skwovet.  I assume there are more new Galar pokemon than that - I don't think the sandcastle is in.  Though that's probably Alola?

Either way, it's kinda cool being gradually introduced to new pokemon like this.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: March 02, 2022, 11:03:57 am »

Pretty sure sandygast or whatever its name was is before Galar so it's probably Alolan.

I'm pleased to see the new pokemon too since it's been a slow trickle of new pokemon for a while.  I'm also glad to see that they didn't arbitrarily make the new Alolan pokemon extremely hard to catch like they did with vanillite (or whatever the ice cream cone's name is), just because they're new.

I was lucky enough to grab a jangmo-o randomly last night, which I expected to be a 10km egg exclusive or something.  I'm glad they didn't do that.  I got sick of hatching 10 and 12km eggs to get axew and sandile, and I only got a sandile after dozens of 12km eggs and after they increased the hatch frequency.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: March 19, 2022, 03:20:57 pm »

Started playing Legends: Arceus today.

Still at the beginning where the objective is basically just "go out and research basic stuff; try not to die". Getting mauled to death by a wild Pokemon is actually a thing. Well, not for you, though you can still get mauled. The result is probably the same as whiting out in the main games.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: March 19, 2022, 07:33:46 pm »

Still at the beginning where the objective is basically just "go out and research basic stuff; try not to die". Getting mauled to death by a wild Pokemon is actually a thing. Well, not for you, though you can still get mauled. The result is probably the same as whiting out in the main games.

Not quite medieval but Meiji Poke-colonial-Hokkaido; Medieval Poke-Japan was Conquest.

Concur with the rest, though - Haven't finished it yet, but wouldn't surprise me if there's some explosive revelations in the end.
Adept Lurker

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: March 19, 2022, 07:44:37 pm »

Aye. You lose some items out of your bag and end up waking up at the nearest camp. If you're online, someone else can find your bag and send it back to you; likewise, you can find other people's bags (either players if online or NPCs if offline) and send them back.

Also, BDSP players, don't forget to use Mystery Gift to pick up Oak's Letter (ends March 27).  This will unlock the Shaymin event.  Likewise, the Member Card Mystery Gift for Darkrai should run for the month of April. 

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: March 24, 2022, 04:30:32 am »

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 04:32:21 am by JWNoctis »
Adept Lurker

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: March 28, 2022, 04:19:26 pm »

So I started playing the Rutile Ruby romhack, though I haven't quite yet finished Renegade Platinum. In my infinite wisdom, and the expectation that it wouldn't be as difficult as a Drayano hack, I've decided I'm going to run a flying monotype team.

Roxanne went ahead and stonewalled me for a little while until I got a Pelipper about ten levels above her team. Now that she's down and subsequently Brawly, too (snooze through fighting types), I'm just past Slateport with my next wall-

It's some lady.

It's some lady and it's a triple battle now and it's Plusle, Minun, and Pikachu. The polarity mice are using Helping Hand, and Pikachu, Discharge. Maybe the Minun is using it too, since Pikachu's stats are going up when it gets hit by lightning attacks. Which is super, because Discharge hits the whole field, including three of my birds all at once.

The ace in my sleeve is, again, Pelipper- it knows Soak, so it can change one of the voltcritters into a Water type, to subsequently get it annihilated by its peers. Hopefully, anyways. I've got two turns to figure it out, because that's precisely as long as it takes to wipe my party. Could go knock over a Rich Kid a dozen times to buy the Protect TM and maaaaaaybe splurge on a Revive (they're MUCH more expensive in this hack) to get a second Soak out, we'll see.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 463