Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641654 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES
« Reply #6915 on: January 07, 2023, 12:11:42 pm »

I recently caught my first shiny of Scarlet, a Charcadet. Ngl the blue flame eyes look nice and the Flash Fire trait will be fun to use on Team Stars Fire leader. Anyway I caught a tera Florette with the Grass Tera type which will be useful for the water type enemy.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: January 12, 2023, 12:20:30 am »

I caught a shiny makuhita randomly, but it's the only shiny I've seen so far.  Not sure what the odds are in the current games, so that may not be unreasonable.

I also just finished everything up through Area Zero and just entered there.  Haven't lost a battle yet, but I got a little nervous with the last Elite Four battle due to a lack of good counters.

I'm curious to see where the Area Zero stuff is going, and if there's a legendary pokemon at the bottom of it all.  I hope the game hasn't been foreshadowing one, because if it has I've been too dumb to notice.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: January 12, 2023, 05:09:01 am »

Shiny chance is a base of 1 in 4096 I think? I'm pretty sure one of your school lessons will tell you the exact chance.

As for the last E4 battle, you mean Geeta? Her team is actually really bad. I only felt her Espathra, which she opens with, was any significant threat. Her last Pokemon, Glimmora, while a bad idea to send out last(its ability means it should be sent first at best), makes sense for her personality: she's attractive, but quite toxic.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: January 12, 2023, 10:13:01 am »

No, I meant Hassel, since funnily enough I'd forgotten about Geeta entirely already.  I had no pokemon to counter dragon types, with just my ampharos that randomly had a fairy type move and nothing with any ice type moves.  I was a little worried his baxcalibur was going to keep trashing my pokemon before they could do more than a small amount of damage since most of my pokemons' moves were resisted by dragon types, but thankfully I had a lycanroc that took it out with rock slide.

Geeta wasn't difficult at all by comparison.  In the end none were really that hard since I had 5-7 levels on them with my pokemon, but it wasn't quite the steamroll I hoped for.  Same with Nemona afterward.

I think Arven was the hardest battle I had overall in the game, since I didn't have quite that much of a level advantage over him at the time.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: January 13, 2023, 02:15:08 am »

My all-grass team fared so poorly at the E4 that I eventually decided eff it, and just cheesed it by feeding all the rare candies I had to my cat and using X attacks.

As for shinies, I spent forever running around looking for Eevees and eventually conceded defeat and asked the internet where they were, went to the spot where one spawns and caught it. Saved, turned it off for the night, and the next day when I loaded in another one had spawned, and it was shiny. That was unexpected.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: January 14, 2023, 06:00:11 am »

Funny thought, since they gave us an evolution of Dunsparce, Dundunsparce, this generation, maybe next generation they'll give it another one: Dundundunsparce, and for its evolution mechanic, it will try to evolve but fail unless you try to manually stop it(which according to lore, involves surprising it to interrupt the evolution).

EDIT: Caught my first shiny today, a Greedent. They don't sparkle like they used to, this makes me sad.

Whoever coded the Raid battles did a terrible job. I've seen all kinds of graphics and animation bugs, some of which cause the battle to lag. This is a bad thing because the timer still runs. I've had moves that visibly connect simply do nothing, in fact I've lost battles because of that. That's not counting the various cheat effects the Raid Pokemon gets, not just the things like "all their negative effects are gone", but they also get free moves that they don't actually know. Hilariously, these free moves can be blocked by paralysis. I just recently lost a battle against a Fighting-type Froslass because it decided that instead of the last 10% of its health, it now had 50%. That might have been (somewhat) legitimate, because she did have Draining Kiss, and there was an Umbreon on the field. But still, I don't see how she could have healed that much, judging on how much my main raider, Annihilape, recovers from using Draining Punch. This is all in singleplayer Raids, I can't imagine how bad multiplayer raids are.

Lastly, something positive. Some wild Pokemon are particularly photogenic, and will pose for you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is a highly underused feature.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 04:56:02 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: January 18, 2023, 01:16:26 pm »

Am I allowed to gush about Brilliant Diamond or do I have to talk about lizard bikes? Cause I think Global Wonder Trade should be a thing again, got me a Marill with Huge Power.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: January 18, 2023, 02:15:44 pm »

Whoever coded the Raid battles did a terrible job. I've seen all kinds of graphics and animation bugs, some of which cause the battle to lag. This is a bad thing because the timer still runs. I've had moves that visibly connect simply do nothing, in fact I've lost battles because of that. That's not counting the various cheat effects the Raid Pokemon gets, not just the things like "all their negative effects are gone", but they also get free moves that they don't actually know. Hilariously, these free moves can be blocked by paralysis. I just recently lost a battle against a Fighting-type Froslass because it decided that instead of the last 10% of its health, it now had 50%. That might have been (somewhat) legitimate, because she did have Draining Kiss, and there was an Umbreon on the field. But still, I don't see how she could have healed that much, judging on how much my main raider, Annihilape, recovers from using Draining Punch. This is all in singleplayer Raids, I can't imagine how bad multiplayer raids are.

Yeah, the workers were in a real bad place, with bad work conditions, but enough people bought the game that they made record profits. Expect future games to get worse, because people will buy it.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: January 18, 2023, 03:18:48 pm »

It's a shame because overall I found Scarlet to be very fun and generally a huge improvement over Sword and Shield.  Of course, just not having characters named Swordward and Shielbert come out of nowhere at the 11th hour would have been a huge improvement.  To say nothing of the plot being largely incomprehensible anyway, and while the games were at least not buggy, they felt bare and incomplete.

The bugs in Scarlet and Violet's single player are usually just distracting, like when a shadow pops in or out, but the crashes are kind of unforgivable.  This is the only Switch game I've ever had crash, and it's done it several times.

I don't get why the game has so, so many graphical bugs when multiplayer is involved though.  I haven't tried it myself, but after watching some streams it's pretty apparent that the game just does not know how to synchronize something between clients.  I can't even guess what's going wrong with the things like arms bending backward.  Normally for something like this, you'd have a player character animation system driven by state data that just blends animations together, and since it never seems to break in single player I have to assume it's got something to do with trying to replicate individual bone data instead of just state data and losing some of it.  Or maybe it's trying to drive animation data locally and trying to replicate it from the other client and conflicting... I don't know.  It must be some insane design under the hood that is probably very hard to fix.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: January 18, 2023, 09:01:48 pm »

Am I allowed to gush about Brilliant Diamond or do I have to talk about lizard bikes? Cause I think Global Wonder Trade should be a thing again, got me a Marill with Huge Power.

Gush away! I'll be along to post thoughts about the Pokemon Sacred Gold romhack at some point here, I'm sure. Currently those thoughts are 'This Geodude is OP as fuck' and 'Muncher is an excellent name for Houndour'.

Also, fuckin' Geodude, man! Why is it good? The first two gyms are bird and bug and it's just rock throw time, baby! Slow? No! Rock Polish! Rocks fall, everyone dies! The Boulder has arms and is actually a boulder and is about to rock your world!

We'll see if I can still sneak a Super Lucky Honchcrow into my team (Murkrow won't keep up against Bugsy for now, dark type weakness) or if there's a bug that'll keep up, and/or if Geodude can continue to pull the team like a champ or if I'll sunset it to a life of ease and accolades. Not gonna lie, I'm going to be very slightly irate if it ends up as a Golem into my lategame team, but only because my expectations for it were defied and a pokemon I'd never willingly choose into my roster ends up as a cornerstone (heh) for it.

Oh, and I think I still have a box full of high-IV Adaptability Skrelps to hand out, but I dunno if ORAS wonder trade can end up on the switch titles.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: January 19, 2023, 12:55:41 am »

Also, fuckin' Geodude, man! Why is it good? The first two gyms are bird and bug and it's just rock throw time, baby! Slow? No! Rock Polish! Rocks fall, everyone dies! The Boulder has arms and is actually a boulder and is about to rock your world!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: January 20, 2023, 11:45:46 am »

Finished catching the legendaries of Scarlet last night.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: January 20, 2023, 12:32:47 pm »

Ugh I'm gonna have to buy Sword if I wanna port over Dialga. D:<

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: January 20, 2023, 04:40:42 pm »

Found that the birthday event in S/V wasn't that great. It's just a cake on the Pokemon Center advertisement board for a few seconds.

Ugh I'm gonna have to buy Sword if I wanna port over Dialga. D:<

Shouldn't that be Brilliant Diamond though? Or even Legends? I don't see why you'd need to filter it through a different game.

EDIT: Caught a Palafin in a raid. That's one that would otherwise require... socialization to acquire. In fact, I think it's the only Pokemon added this generation that requires multiplayer features to evolve, version exclusives notwithstanding.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 02:54:17 pm by Akura »

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: March 18, 2023, 04:47:18 am »

I'm currently playing a fan game called Pokemon Reborn. It's on the edgy side, but not like shock value for the sake of shock value, and besides, it's really well made.

The game has a few gimmicks:
1. Pokemon above certain level won't listen without badges regardless of whether they were traded or not. Levels can be reduced using Common Candy that can be bought cheaply in the candy store.

2. Terrain effects. Many places have special effects that affect pokemon and their moves. Mountain terrain amplifies flying moves, while caverns reduce damage from wind-based moves greatly. Some effects can be changed in specific ways; for example forest terrain becomes burning terrain if a pokemon uses a strong fire move.

I'm not nuzlocking, but I still only catch the first pokemon in each area for the thrill of it. I'm at the first leader right now.
The leader uses poison types in a double battle at max level 45. She leads with Toxpex that hits hard with sludge wave, and Nidoqueen that sets up sneaky pebbles. The issue is that the terrain effect causes stealth rock to hit every turn.

My team consists of Charizard, Luxray, Dugtrio, Seaking, Bronzong, and Klinklank. I've tried many times with many different strategies, but I couldn't win. There is ine more way to increase my chances - EV training.
Charizard genocided Unowns to increase both attack stats, Seaking fought Duskulls to increase special defense, Luxray got speed and attack from Voltorbs, Togedemaru and Meowths. The others are waiting for their turn. Dugtrio will probably be trained in attack, Bronzong in defenses (with its meager sp attack, the only way to make it useful is hypnosis), and I don't know about Klinklank.
The majority of those pokemon were unboxed for this battle, and leveled with exp candy. EV training should make a huge difference. Too bad their IVs range from bad to atrocious.

I'll start with Seaking and Luxray. My Seaking, I believe, outspeeds Nidoqueen, so it will hit with horn drill to prevent setting sneaky pebbles. Luxray is supposed to remove Toxapex. After that I have no idea what will happen. I'm worried about the leader's Drapion. Dugtrio can hit it fast and hard, but it's the only pokemon on my team that can hit with a super effective move.

Whatever happens, I will persevere.
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463