Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 636113 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 12:00:08 am »

True, but that was sorta the point. Ugly fish → fuckin' rad Milotic. Not to mention it was just about the hardest Pokemon to find, rarer than a shiny. The first kid that found it in my school spent dozens of hours looking... and finally found it in 10th grade, after making his first attempt in 3rd. And there wasn't a global terminal or easy hex editing to summon one out of nowhere, either. You had to play that game uphill both ways!

I figure there's about 420 Pokemon that I like. Everything but Igglybuff from the first two games, everything but Mawile, Masquerain, and Castform in gen 3, and then tiny slivers of generations 4 and 5.

I reserve a special hatred for Zubat and its family. This extends to Tentacool, the Zubat of the Sea.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 12:01:34 am »

Personally, I hate Oddish the most.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 12:21:31 am »

Oddish sucks, but it doesn't constantly use Confuse Ray, and its poison moves are less common and less accurate. Not only that, Zubat is fast enough that it's actually difficult to run away from. If you're going spelunking, you'd better bring something fast that can OHKO a bat.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 12:32:08 am »

I like most stuff from all the generations. The only ones I'm really not a fan of are the overly humanoid ones, like Mr. Mime and Jynx and the stupid Timburr line from BW (plenty of others).

Scyther has always been the coolest Pokémon, hands down, but Woobat/Swoobat are a close runner-up for favourite for me now. I also actually like Zubat...I had a Crobat as my team flyer in Silver. It rocked because it actually had a bat icon when it flew away instead of the standard bird one.

Also, am I the only one who has a bad habit of keeping the earliest Pokémon I caught on my team until the end the game? Like Pidgeot and Furret and Linoone...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 12:42:42 am »

I reserve a special hatred for Zubat and its family. This extends to Tentacool, the Zubat of the Sea.
Tentacruel, however, is goddamn amazing and I refuse to hear a word to the contrary.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 12:53:44 am »

Tentacruel, however, is goddamn amazing and I refuse to hear a word to the contrary.
Funny, I'm of a similar opinion with regards to Golbat/Crobat especially. :D

Anyway, a bit late to the party, but my love for Pokemon started with the basic rock/paper/scissors/lizard/spock that is the type system and just grew from there with breeding, coming up with weird solutions to the challenges of various gyms/elite fours, and finding out that the stat growth system of Pokemon is some of the most complex leveling in any RPG. Basically it's a game made for kids build on a system made for adults. Really all they need is a multiplayer explorable version of some sort and they'd be rolling in cash, buuuuut that's not exactly a new opinion.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 01:51:01 am »

Adam West the Crobat was one of three Pokemon to make it through my X-TREME (Nuzlocke + extra rules) Ruby challenge, so that was neat. The Kraken died on that journey, but Tentacruel can be pretty good.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 07:48:16 am »

Also, am I the only one who has a bad habit of keeping the earliest Pokémon I caught on my team until the end the game? Like Pidgeot and Furret and Linoone...
No way.

I had a Mareep for the entire game because it rocked. And Furret too! I miss those odd little guys. It just involves whether they looked cool enough to keep, or you could catch a better one.

Also, you gotta fit them in with types and what not.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 01:59:30 pm »

I use to, but at around Gen V I started getting bored of using Com-mons and payed more attention to dual types.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 02:27:57 pm »

I remember hyper-tweaking Qwilfish for online play.
I remember the totally legit sweeper Bronzong.
I remember breeding the bestest Treecko ever right down to a great HP.

Never stopped playing 'till my DS broke. Now I'm kind of doing other RPGs (such as Etrian Odyssey on an emulator)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 03:00:28 pm »

I remember jumping through breeding hoops to get a Kingdra with Octozooka, not because it was a good attack but because it was called Octozooka.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 03:17:34 pm »

Damn you, now you have awaken an urge to play the some Pokemon game from the original generation, and since I don't own one anymore I'm going to have to track one down from somewhere. (Preferably one of the GBA remakes since it's the only console I own.) I have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team for GBA tough. Even that brings some nostalgia...

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 03:34:10 pm »

You're not alone, anzki4.

Damn you, Bay12ers, damn you... :D
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2012, 05:44:26 pm »

Most of the time my end team consists mainly of mons I catch in the first three routes. They've been with me the longest, they deserve to stick around! Even if I end up swapping out a mon I keep anyone who was in my party at any point in a special "party" box in the PC. :-\

I remember jumping through breeding hoops to get a Kingdra with Octozooka, not because it was a good attack but because it was called Octozooka.
I definitely did something similar, but I don't remember what it was for. I think it was to get a Marill with something weird to take advantage of Huge Power.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2012, 06:26:33 pm »

While the topic is about breeding pokemon.

Could anyone explain me the reason behind it?

Obviously to breed pokemon you need a male and female of the same pokemon (with some slight exeptions like Miltank-Tauros ETC.)
You get an egg that later hatches into a lvl 5 pokemon of the same race as its parent(s).

Could anyone explain me why should i care about breeding the darn things if i obviously had to catch both male and female of the same race beforehand? Why not use the potential daddy/mommy pokemon and riase it instead?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 463