Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641768 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6450 on: June 23, 2018, 09:12:41 am »

Yeah. Those are tough and not something I recommend. The one in US/UM is about the same way, although the beginning tiers aren't nearly as bad. That said, it's a point of pride that I did manage to barrel through Moon's Battle thing at all tiers. If they ever return to more interesting ideas like the Battle Frontier I'd love to give that a shot!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: June 23, 2018, 10:13:08 am »

Pokemon GO not only has trading now, but they gradually relaxed the level requirement to like 10.  And so far I can't find any reason not to friend people (besides clutter).

Even if you'll never meet someone (which is required to trade pokemans), you can still send "gifts" back and forth.  Gifts drop from pokestops, and I've received several max revives already from RL friends.  I can easily see my inventory having too many gifts-to-send, at least on certain "farming" days, so feel free to friend me and receive some!

My friend code is 674837, then 9728, then 54.  Just in case there's some devious code-collecting spider.  I don't know why that would be a thing, but hey.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: June 23, 2018, 10:53:01 am »

Yeah. Those are tough and not something I recommend. The one in US/UM is about the same way, although the beginning tiers aren't nearly as bad. That said, it's a point of pride that I did manage to barrel through Moon's Battle thing at all tiers. If they ever return to more interesting ideas like the Battle Frontier I'd love to give that a shot!
Well, there's "tough" and there's "making decisions based on my choices". An Octillary should not choose to use Flamethrower on an Aggron before it has mega-evolved if it has water moves, for instance; yet the one I was up against did exactly that on the turn that I mega-evolved my Aggron.

Not that it would've particularly mattered in that fight (my team had a serious deficiency in special defense), but nonetheless.
I think the regular Pokemon battle AI is essentially RNG unless expressly scripted to do specific things.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: June 23, 2018, 12:22:15 pm »

Actually regarding the friend codes, people should know that friends can see the names of the pokestops which dropped the gifts. So that could be a privacy concern, potentially.

Interestingly, you can also see custom names of your friend's buddies. That's a change from gym Pokemon, whose names are secretly hidden. I like this! A friend of mine named a few of his crudely though, heh, so heads up I guess.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: June 23, 2018, 03:24:20 pm »

Yeah, I sadly live in a small enough town that friending random people online is a bit too close to giving out my home address.

Not sure how much mileage I'll get out of trading, either, since I don't have any close friends who play and a lot of the other players in this area have... differing ideas on what constitutes a "legit" Pokémon than me. (No spoofers that I'm aware of, but scanner-use/multi-accounting/account-sharing is rampant).

Still, overall a very cool and well-thought out addition to the game.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: June 23, 2018, 04:42:16 pm »

Regarding the Battle Frontier/Tree AI: It basically picks specific sets of Pokemon, but everything is specifically designed to screw you. All opposing Pokemon seemingly have max IVs and min-maxed EVs. When I went through Sun's Battle Tree, using Garchomp, Mawile, and Mismagius, I came up on(and lost to) Walrein a lot, due to the fat bastard's ridiculous defenses and Rest. ORAS's Battle Maison was much the same, though I think I had Garchomp, Rapidash, and maybe Gardevoir in that one.

Oh, but if you thought the AI was bent on screwing you there, wait until you try the Battle Royal in SuMo.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: June 24, 2018, 12:49:48 am »

Do you also have Espurr?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: June 24, 2018, 02:42:01 am »

I don't have any privacy concerns, so this is my PoGo friend code: 8644 8398 4040.

Happy hunting!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: June 24, 2018, 07:23:55 pm »

Yeah Hi my name is Bill and I like pokemon.
My code is under my name for all to see so send me a request as I cant seem to get rid of these gifts

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: July 07, 2018, 09:27:00 pm »

Pokemon GO reminder that tomorrow is the Squirtle community day!  I'm a bit excited, since locally Squirtle has been a bit less common than Charmander, and much less common than Bulbasaur.  Grass type is still my favorite, but water is pretty strong in the meta.  Particularly if you're like my friend who started late and doesn't have a bunch of Vaporeons....  Still OP.

Non-GO:  I'm still salty that Crobat isn't dark.  Stupid OP Psychic type in gen 2 (Silver).
She/they

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: July 08, 2018, 02:20:41 am »

Caught myself a Cubone since its Aloan form (fire-ghost?) seems particularly interesting. Only downside is the need for a thick club.

5% chance per Cubone. This is going to take a while.
Alolan cubone is really good. Alolan Muk is also really strong.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: July 08, 2018, 10:24:18 pm »

Normal Raichu also has lightning rod. Why would you get two lightning rod users?

Ghost Owl is pretty bad. It's too slow and not tanky enough to survive. It's actually a big problem with many of the latest gen of Pokemon. They're too slow and don't have much to make up for that lack of speed.

Electric type is never really popular. For good reason, it's just kinda average. Like grass-type. Electric attacks and move are great for coverage but on their own they don't really do anything particularly special. Similarly, the typing itself is just average. It doesn't have any particularly special advantages such as dark's immunity to psychic and prankster or flying's immunity to certain hazards and ground. It's also weak to the most common attacking move in the game, earthquake. I'm not saying Electric is bad, just the typing as a whole doesn't have a lot of notable threats.

That being said you can never have a perfect team. You'll always be weak to something. Some of the best Pokemon in the game have so many weaknesses that on paper you have to wonder how they can be so top-tier. See Tyranitar or Mega Blaziken. It's how you play them that matters, and that's where your own personality shines. Just use what you think makes you comfortable.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: July 08, 2018, 11:47:43 pm »

There are so many special walls in Sun and Moon. You'll find one in no time.

There's like Muk, Blissey, Magnezone, Mandibuzz, Florges (probably perfect for what you need), Jynx, Sableye, Tentacruel (also really good for you), Toxapex, Mantine, Vapoeron, Espeon, Umbreon, Sylveon, Ampharos, Araquanid, Shiinotic, Milotic, Volcarona, Oranguru, Goodra, etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure you'll run into one you want.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: July 09, 2018, 06:25:55 am »

Electric type is never really popular. For good reason, it's just kinda average. Like grass-type. Electric attacks and move are great for coverage but on their own they don't really do anything particularly special. Similarly, the typing itself is just average. It doesn't have any particularly special advantages such as dark's immunity to psychic and prankster or flying's immunity to certain hazards and ground.

It does, actually. Electric has total immunity to paralysis. Which is incredibly stupid.

Electric rarely has any useful secondary typing as well. And there's really no variety to Electric moves, almost all Electric moves are "shoot lightning(and maybe paralyze)" or "shoot MORE lightning(and maybe paralyze)".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: July 09, 2018, 07:14:01 pm »

I think grass gets... immunity to powder-based status moves? Given the sorts of things that are using said powder-based status moves are either other grass types or bug types, not to mention the rarity of seeing those moves in general (plus all of them having non-powder counterparts), seems rather moot.
That's actually more useful than you might think.

Spore is an extremely hazardous status move, way more so than paralysis. It's like Earthquake in that you must have an answer to it. This is why abilities like Overcoat exist, specifically to counter Spore. Leech Seed is also pretty annoying, but nowhere near as bad as Spore.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 463