Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 636162 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6465 on: July 09, 2018, 07:32:51 pm »

The answer to Spore is to kill them(preferably with fire) first - every Pokemon that can use Spore are godawful slow except Breloom and Smeargle who are merely below average.

Weird fact that I found while looking stuff up, Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist are the only Grass-type Pokemon that can learn Flamethrower, probably justified by them being based off Jack-o-lanterns, which have candles in them. It's not really related to the above and I don't really know why I looked that up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: July 11, 2018, 06:17:29 pm »

Electric type is never really popular. For good reason, it's just kinda average. Like grass-type. Electric attacks and move are great for coverage but on their own they don't really do anything particularly special. Similarly, the typing itself is just average. It doesn't have any particularly special advantages such as dark's immunity to psychic and prankster or flying's immunity to certain hazards and ground.

It does, actually. Electric has total immunity to paralysis. Which is incredibly stupid.

Electric rarely has any useful secondary typing as well. And there's really no variety to Electric moves, almost all Electric moves are "shoot lightning(and maybe paralyze)" or "shoot MORE lightning(and maybe paralyze)".

To be fair, they have been trying some new things, like with Parabolic Charge or Electrify... that are learned by one pokemon, Heliolisk.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: July 11, 2018, 07:45:43 pm »

To be fair, what exactly do you do with electric abilities in combat other than shoot lightning, the line between shooting lightning and shooting non-lightning electricity is pretty thin, especially since lightning in Pokemon doesn't have the super-heated plasma component

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: July 12, 2018, 11:12:48 am »

Hey, quick question. Do activated abilities persist if they change in battle? Say, for instance, I send out something that has flash flame (immune to fire, 1.5x fire damage if hit by fire), and it gets activated. If I then, say, mega-evolve this same Pokemon into a form where it loses flash fire, would the 1.5x damage persist? It's not explicitly a stat boost in general, but a stat boost only when using fire moves, which is what has me concerned.
Flash Fire for Houndoom doesn't persist.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: July 12, 2018, 01:14:08 pm »

Yeah Mega Houndoom is not too bad. Pretty scary if it manages to set up or if you have a sun team.

Most people don't use it because it uses up a Mega slot but I think it's fine.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: July 13, 2018, 07:55:31 am »

Heyo! I've been offline a while cause been playing the games and all. But I'm here to ask: does anyone have a spare Mareanie/toxapex with Regenerator for trade? I cannot seem to get one to spawn at all.
It's for breeding, so stats and nature don't matter, just female and HA.

Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: July 13, 2018, 07:42:40 pm »

Heyo! I've been offline a while cause been playing the games and all. But I'm here to ask: does anyone have a spare Mareanie/toxapex with Regenerator for trade? I cannot seem to get one to spawn at all.
I have one I can give you. When would be most convenient to trade?

EDIT: Actually, if anyone else is interested, I could send off a few more as well.  Bold nature, varying IVs, Haze egg move, and a Love Ball.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:55:56 pm by Culise »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: July 14, 2018, 01:36:02 am »

I have one I can give you. When would be most convenient to trade?

EDIT: Actually, if anyone else is interested, I could send off a few more as well.  Bold nature, varying IVs, Haze egg move, and a Love Ball.
Anytime this weekend, but I will be offline starting 5pm Central US time Saturday until late that night, unsure of when I'll be home though.((Family.))
But yeah, any Fem HA Mareanie/Toxapex will do.

EDIT: Oh i don't seem to have your Friend code somehow...weird, I was sure i did. I can get you mine or it should be in the First post in the safari section...just a heads-up
EDIT2: added you. sorry for the mix-up
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:45:25 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: July 14, 2018, 11:45:03 am »

Thank you for initiating the trade. I'll admit that the interface feels a bit more obtuse than previous versions to me, so I was having some difficulty in figuring it out.  Hope you enjoy your new Pokemon. ^_^

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: July 14, 2018, 12:44:20 pm »

And thank you! I have been trying for a female HA mareanie to catch for a long time, now that i have one i can begin work on the pokemon I promised a friend, and my own Toxapex.
And yeah, S/M/US/UM link trade system's UI is beyond awkward. Here's hoping future games are much better!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: July 15, 2018, 02:26:59 am »

Is Weavile any good? Seems like it has speed and power going for it, but no idea whether there's something that does what it does but better or not.
Weavile is very good.

Basically a glass cannon like... 90% of all ice types. But will wreck shit up before dying.

Almost always uses Knock Off, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, and Pursuit. He's one of those Pokemon that despite you knowing exactly what moves he will have, he's still so hard to play around. It's really difficult to switch out / switch in to Weavile and usually the answer to Weavile is to try and kill it despite taking a loss or two.

The way you use him properly is to save him for last, when the enemy has a bunch of low hp Pokemon. Then he comes in and clears the field. He's in the same tier as most top tier Pokemon, though in SM he like many, many others are being outclassed by the deluge of legendaries.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: July 15, 2018, 05:21:03 pm »

Can confirm, Weavile is an excellent pokemon, who only got better with age due to the existence of Fairies, despite its weakness to them. Weavile, amusingly enough, appreciates a Fairy type on its team, as they're able to soak up and threaten Fighting types that would otherwise horribly threaten Weavile's papery defenses. Still, Weavile is very vulnerable to priority; it is very fast, but something like bullet punch or mach punch from anything with semi-decent attack is going to be putting it on ice.

It does have a fairly limited moveset, but it's one of those ones that are perfectly suited for what it wants to do. It wants to hit hard with both of its STAB, it wants priority to finish off things faster than it, and the moveset umiman mentioned is perfect for that. Pursuit almost guarantees a KO on fragile psychic and ghost types that aren't carrying coverage to deal with Weavile or are outsped by it. Knock Off, with its major buffs, is practically required on a lot of pokemon, and Weavile can utilise it really well due to its high attack, high speed and Dark STAB.
Icicle Crash is a simple no frills, strong STAB attack. Ice Shard is quick attack.

You could also use late game sweeper to come in on paralysed or slept pokemon and set up with Swords Dance, or run Taunt to shut down enemy stall. But really, Weavile does best as a very threatening attacker, who is usually going to force at least a trade or two.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: August 03, 2018, 05:20:35 pm »

(moving here from How Did You Last Die)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's because Girafarig is Normal/Psychic. It actually counters both Psychic(types) and Ghost, as it resists the former and is immune to the latter. And funnily enough, Psychic(the move) is basically the staple Psychic-type move, similar to how Flamethrower is for Fire-types.

Now that I think about it, Girafarig might be pretty good against the Elite Four, due to having type advantages over three of them.
Exactly!  When I originally picked Girafarig I did see the typing, and chose psychic-resistance over what felt like overusing a faq (evolving an Umbreon, and finding it TMs).  I already had a Girafarig in the PC.

Later I misremembered it as being dark/normal, heh.  But it's good!  Like you said, it's great for grinding the elite four, and will be amazing once it actually gets Crunch.  Even with Psybeam and Strength it's decent, tanking hits from the Psychic pokemon even if it can't punish them just yet.

And yeah, that's why I'm so obsessed with the move Psychic, it seems to be on every Psychic pokemon at that point :P
I was going to buy Psychic from the game corner, eventually, but I happened to find it from an NPC in Kanto.  Score!  I should probably go ahead and upgrade Girafarig's Psybeam into Psychic.

Aside, I keep thinking it's GirafaPIG for some reason.  And I named mine Freak, because it's low-key body horror, and I never expected to use him.  Them?  Pokemans are weird.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: August 03, 2018, 10:19:48 pm »

Later I misremembered it as being dark/normal, heh.

Well, thanks to the leaked Gold beta we now know that Girafarig originally was Dark/Normal, with an "evil twin" second giraffe head in the place of its chain chomp tail. So you can't really be blamed for assuming it was the type it was originally designed to be!

I really love everything that has come out of that discovery. Like that Umbreon was originally a Poison-type, and that's why its dex entries are all about its extremely poisonous sweat.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: August 11, 2018, 01:01:08 pm »

The Eevee Community Day is starting!  Runs for the next 3 hours here in the US (2-5 EST).  But it's also running tomorrow during the same times.

I'm expecting to get roughly 80% fricken Jolteons, as always...  But maybe Umbreons and Espeons will actually happen?  I'd *love* a Leafeon, but I don't have any reason to believe they're releasing more types for this.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 463