Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 636150 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: ALL YOUR GIMMICKS COMBINED
« Reply #6630 on: August 07, 2019, 09:03:34 pm »

Can we go back to evil teams that weren't stupid and awful

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: August 09, 2019, 02:26:02 pm »

Can we go back to evil teams that weren't stupid and awful
Which one would you consider the last one that wasn't?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: August 09, 2019, 05:08:40 pm »

Team Galactic, maybe. The grunts themselves were pretty harmless, but they were far more cult-like in their fanaticism than most other teams and Cyrus' goal was genuinely unsettling.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: August 09, 2019, 07:37:44 pm »

the thing is that so far it seems Game Freak is moving out of making evil teams for the sake of the plot and more as some kind of antagonist you find in the adventure. in Gen VII it seemed that Team Skull wasnt as much of a force driving the story around the legendaries and were more of a local nuissance that caused problems during the story here and there but Guzma didnt have any kind of mustache twirling plan or some shit like that.

i think that's a pretty good change of pace from what we say in the earlier generations. so far it seems Team Yell are just the local troublemakers in the region, they only cause noise in the name of their idol figure but i doubt they'll block the player from experimenting the plot of the game. in fact, some people believe that the mayor or his assistants are the actual antagonists of the game. we dont really have much shown atm to make more assumptions.

also, we have seen a good share of world ending evil plans in this franchise. i guess it makes sense that the storytelling moves to something more down to earth, not every generation has to have big legendary pokemon that threaten the balance of the planet due to the greed of some random person and its not so secret organization.

in fact i would be more supportive if they just got rid of that and fleshed out the regions to have some kind of faction system and ditch the linear stories from the earlier games. i tell this even when i've met these games since Gen 1. they cant keep going with the same thing over and over again, it needs to change and evolve.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: August 09, 2019, 07:39:32 pm »

I just found team skull INCREDIBLY annoying, to the point that it makes me not want to play those games like I do the others

The other teams grunts didn't spend nearly as much time doing nonsense, mostly they just spoke a line battled, spoke another and then just stopped, skull grunts keep talking and talking and talking and dancing and dancing and it just goes on and on and it doesn't help that both the slang they use and the dances they dance make me annoyed by themselves

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: August 09, 2019, 08:22:22 pm »

in fact, some people believe that the mayor or his assistants are the actual antagonists of the game. we dont really have much shown atm to make more assumptions.
Team Brexit?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: August 09, 2019, 08:34:01 pm »

The champion Leon, the Greatest Trainer, is secretly the villain.  He's working together with his childhood friend Sonia, who's stealing the professor's research, and the reveal will spark a huge crisis of faith in your friend/his brother.  The Chairman is a red herring who acts suspicious through most of the story but is secretly trying to oppose Leon by backing his own replacement champion candidate, Bede, without destroying faith in the Pokemon League system by publicly revealing Leon's perfidy.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: September 15, 2019, 01:38:12 pm »

TWENTY TWO YEARS
It's FEF, not FEOF

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Our boy did it
« Reply #6638 on: September 16, 2019, 10:36:33 am »

Ash won? How?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: September 16, 2019, 01:38:11 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if this means the anime is over

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: September 16, 2019, 01:47:21 pm »

Someone I know told me that the anime is probably gonna get a reboot or something? Not sure if it's true or just a random rumor. I haven't been keeping up, honestly. I'm all for it, though. It'd be cool if they brought in a new, more capable protagonist similar to Red from Pokemon Origins.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: September 16, 2019, 01:49:41 pm »

except the new protagonist will have the same problem, because it's a money-making decision to have him not win and forget everything, with the same problems and same events so that the episodes don't have to be run in series to series order, so any long-lasting reboot will likely have the same problem

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: September 16, 2019, 03:52:02 pm »

Or, and hear me out on this, they could make a regular running show with regular rules and a protagonist that is above the level of a bug catcher in ability.

If you met Ash in any game he's spew something about his pikachu being in the top percentage of all pikachu.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: September 16, 2019, 04:23:03 pm »

If you met Ash in any game he's spew something about his pikachu being in the top percentage of all pikachu.
Hey, I understood that reference.

Mainly because I'm playing Heartgold right now and holy apricorns, Batman, Joey really loves to remind me how good his Rattata is.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: September 16, 2019, 06:06:16 pm »

except there's not as much theoretical profit in a show that ends as one that just moves to a new setting repeatedly
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 463