Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 636118 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Our boy did it
« Reply #6675 on: November 16, 2019, 02:21:36 pm »

is it a fire/fighting starter
All the starters and their evolutions are single type. :-\
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 02:24:13 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: November 16, 2019, 02:37:57 pm »

Dragapult looks pretty cool.

Ghost / dragon. Pseudo-legendary. Good stats. Amazing speed. Signature move is a 100 base power double attack dragon move. Can learn dragon dance.

Frigging Ghost Dragon that shoots its own babies lol.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: November 16, 2019, 03:39:03 pm »

I like that Alolan Golem, a rail gun, apparently launches Geodudes around too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: November 18, 2019, 05:40:02 pm »

Considering doing a Let's Play of this. I can get a total playtime of about 1-2 hours every day playing on my breaks at work. The problem is, that's about all I can do during that time. I'd have to wait until I'd get home to organize the screenshots, upload, and write up. That'd probably take most of my downtime after work. And since I have nothing else to do during my work breaks, I'd probably get too far ahead of what I can process for a LP.

Also, with the 1-2 hours I've put on, I've already taken about 600 screenshots. That are 156MB in total. I've only just gotten mostly through Route 02.

EDIT: I've worked out enough images for a single LP episode, but it's still 90-something images totaling over 8MB. No write-up for it yet, though. Imagine something like that for each update, and possibly several updates on a single page. That'll probably be pretty hard on some people's connections. I've also made enough progress in the game(all screenshotted) for another update or so after that.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 05:53:46 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: November 20, 2019, 01:25:32 pm »

The wilderness area before Motostoke is frickin' huge. I spent several hours last night just exploring and catching pokemon instead of going where I'm supposed to. Pokemon: Breath of the Wild.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: November 20, 2019, 04:23:53 pm »

Considering doing a Let's Play of this. I can get a total playtime of about 1-2 hours every day playing on my breaks at work. The problem is, that's about all I can do during that time. I'd have to wait until I'd get home to organize the screenshots, upload, and write up. That'd probably take most of my downtime after work. And since I have nothing else to do during my work breaks, I'd probably get too far ahead of what I can process for a LP.
Also, with the 1-2 hours I've put on, I've already taken about 600 screenshots. That are 156MB in total. I've only just gotten mostly through Route 02.
EDIT: I've worked out enough images for a single LP episode, but it's still 90-something images totaling over 8MB. No write-up for it yet, though. Imagine something like that for each update, and possibly several updates on a single page. That'll probably be pretty hard on some people's connections. I've also made enough progress in the game(all screenshotted) for another update or so after that.

I would be interested in following this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: November 20, 2019, 05:39:46 pm »

The wilderness area before Motostoke is frickin' huge. I spent several hours last night just exploring and catching pokemon instead of going where I'm supposed to. Pokemon: Breath of the Wild.

Yep, pretty much where I'm stuck at. I'm really hoping they brought back bicycles if the wild areas are this big. Also getting hammered by some of the wild Pokemon a little further in. Not to say it's a bad thing though. The camp feature is nice. I wonder if it is or is going to be compatible with the VR Labo peripheral.

A few things I learned:

The wild Pokemon you see walking around aren't the only ones that appear. When walking through grass, you'll sometimes see a "!" appear over a spot. Walking to/near it will encounter a Pokemon; some species can only be found this way it seems, like the new early-game Bug-type.

TMs appear to no longer be numbered, and are split between infinite-use and the old single-use ones nobody used before because they were single-use. Single-use TMs can definitely be bought and can be won from Dynamax raid battles.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: November 20, 2019, 08:03:32 pm »

Putting in spoiler cause i seen some being rectal bout them across teh webzors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The wild area is indeed huge and does indeed give a BOTW vibe, but I'd suggest to not focus on it when you first get there, as it seemed to me like a mostly mid-to-end-to-post game kinda area.
That said I am liking SwSh, but any who bash the game: Bash it if you must, however THE MUSIC IS DIVINE!
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: November 21, 2019, 08:56:37 am »

That said I am liking SwSh, but any who bash the game: Bash it if you must, however THE MUSIC IS DIVINE!

I'm currently loving this gen and I'm not interested in arguing with people who want to trash it, but I have to add my voice here: The OST is better than it's ever been. It's got at least three tracks that are all-time series favorites for me, and honestly, none of the music so far has become grating, which is a series first. Shoutouts specifically for the Team Yell theme, Marnie's battle theme, the highlands overworld music, and to the gym leader battle music.

Oh, and Corviknight is Best Birb.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: November 21, 2019, 11:13:41 am »

Shoutouts specifically for the Team Yell theme, Marnie's battle theme, the highlands overworld music, and to the gym leader battle music.
I'm so with you on those!
Though I gotta be honest the only Music I didn't like was Hulbury City overland theme. But even so that does not mean I dislike it.
Gym Leader theme easily my favorite, especially when you go into a menu and it gets Bass-heavy remixed!
Cool thing, the Battle Tower lets you change the Fight Music! Unno if this has been 'round since forever or not, as i'm not really a Battle-Facility user, but hey I can listen to the gym fight whenever i want!
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: November 21, 2019, 01:14:14 pm »

It makes me wonder if Smash is going to have an update that pulls in the new music and, if so, if they could do anything to make it better.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: November 21, 2019, 01:27:45 pm »

I saw a comment today that an open-world Pokemon would be terrible, because the game needs a way to keep you on the rails.

Can anyone explain to me why "bug-types are early, so they must be bad/Steel is late-game and very good" is an important design decision to keep it Pokemon? Why I should go through the badges in the same order as someone who has a different team, because linearity makes the game what it is?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: November 21, 2019, 01:52:52 pm »

Pokemon Crystal Clear is a perfect counterexample for that theory. All of Kanto and Johto are accessible almost instantly, letting you catch whatever non-legendaries with minimal effort, and it manages to be challenging and the most fun I've had with pokemon (GO being a different kind of experience)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: November 21, 2019, 09:47:48 pm »

I have the first part of an LP typed up and ready to post but... damn I feel drained after doing it. I don't think I can keep up with it.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 463