Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 641952 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: MYSTERY DUNGEON REMAKE
« Reply #6780 on: January 09, 2020, 07:29:20 pm »

I'm not sure I liked Sword/Shield enough to spend $30 on more Pokemon for it. Some of them will be locked behind the other version, and there's no GTS so trading for them will be a pain in the ass, and I don't think I want to buy a pain in the ass.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: January 09, 2020, 08:37:28 pm »

For one, the only thing you pay for are the regions- the ability to trade for those Pokemon, including through your own Pokemon Home, is free, once the update rolls out. Sure, the ability to acquire them naturally in-game will be restricted to the DLC, but you can up-trade them just fine regardless of whether you buy the expansion or not.

Why would someone trade their DLC pokes for non-DLC pokes, though?  Wouldn't they already have most of the non-DLC pokes?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Our boy did it
« Reply #6782 on: January 10, 2020, 08:48:11 am »

MYSTERY DUNGEON 1 REMAKE

MYSTERY DUNGEON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hopefully it catches on this time. Those were pretty good.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: January 10, 2020, 11:08:27 am »

Why would someone trade their DLC pokes for non-DLC pokes, though?  Wouldn't they already have most of the non-DLC pokes?

Surprise Trade?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: January 10, 2020, 01:01:11 pm »

Newer players presumably might play the DLC without finishing the main game first too, so there's some incentive there.  Or for trading for rare version specifics you might not have, such as turtonator.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: January 14, 2020, 04:18:28 pm »

Sorted my thoughts som I'm going to chime in.
Overall, the thing that kills me: Sword Expansion Pass is separate from Shield Expansion pass. So for peeps like me who get both just to get every version exclusive, it's another full version in pricing.

Beyond that my thoughts are:
They were smart about making it so returning pokemon in the DLC, as well as new ones like Galar Slowpoke Evos and Kubfu/Urshifu and Calyrex can be obtained via trades. This means they are not forcing a specific price on the newer pokemon. And they have in the past always emphasized trading: Red Blue Green Yellow anyone? that's the exact reason we have more than 1 Version of each generation.

As for content, I'm peeved a bit that, overall, Isle of Armor has more unique additions than Crown Tundra, but if both are as-said to be Wild-area like expanses, I'm interested.

That all said, I'm glad they are adding in previously Cut pokemon. Mainly ones like Talonflame and Metagross.
But I'm not gonna purchase either until AFTER they are out. This is the first time Pokemon has done DLC, I wanna make sure it's worth the price.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: January 28, 2020, 04:51:00 pm »

Supposedly the details of Pokemon Home have been announced.

There is a very limited 'free' version (I imagine you still would need nintendo online to use it) where you can hold a max of 30 pokemon.  and have very basic access to wonder trade and gts, and you cannot transfer from the pokemon bank.

And a $15 a year version (again on top of nintendo online) that gives you full functionality. 6k pokemon stored, and ability to transfer pokes from your old pokemon bank before that goes under.

Seems to me like paywalling features that should have been in the base game.  Sure pokemon bank cost a subscription(and I imagine still does if you want to transfer out of it) but when pokemon bank came out we weren't paying for the privilege of being online.

https://www.serebii.net/pokemonhome/subscription.shtml

I'll probably pony up and still buy it, just like I did the DLC, but I'm glad Temtem is doing reasonably well, and that a Digimon remake was announced.   Pokemon needs some competition again to make them at least start looking over their shoulder now and then when they make these kinds of decisions.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: January 28, 2020, 05:06:17 pm »

Ah yes I suppose I forgot about their mobile market.  That does make it a bit better I suppose.  And I was under the impression gamefreak was 100% a part of nintendo which also makes it a bit better.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: January 28, 2020, 09:47:29 pm »

I feel like all of this Home functionality should really be expected to come built into each recent pokemon game already. We shouldn't have to download an extra app and shuffle pokes around just to do simple things like transfer and trade.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: January 29, 2020, 01:37:31 am »

Holy fuck that pokemon home shit. I take back anything I might have said about Pokemon not catering to the adult audience, cause we're one step closer to Pokemortgages and needing a pokelawyer.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: February 09, 2020, 05:45:03 am »

So, anyone want to trade with me for version-exclusive Pokemon? I've got Sword.

The trade system for this gen is particularly annoying. You can only see which Pokemon the other player is offering after you've already chosen yours. Then people usually disconnect before you can offer another one. Edit: Found out about the link codes on reddit. I still need a Zacian-Zamazenta swap and food tins

Hatched my first shiny! I was just trying to get a Lotad to complete my pokedex and it turned out shiny. I haven't used it yet to determine if it's the rarer shiny or not.

Edit II: Completed my Pokedex. Also got a Meltan and a Melmetal for a Heavy Ball and my shiny Lotad.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:38:15 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: February 12, 2020, 04:55:55 pm »

Pokemon Home is released. Pokemon Bank is free for a month.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: February 26, 2020, 01:26:38 am »

Just gonna crosspost this Pokemon GO talk.  Oh also, Tornadus is still happening tomorrow.  I haven't catched it yet, looks cool I guess?  Actually pure-flying sounds awful, I'm more excited about the steel/fighting Cobalion which I'm barely using.
Second run in with Giovanni, and I had to completely rethink my strategy. 

He still starts with Persian - Normal, but with dark moves which prevent me using my powerful psychics.  Demands a fighting type, but it's hard to get one competetive.

Followed by a weird hippo thing I'd never seen which turned out to be pure ground.  This thing was the bane of my existence.  Guides suggested Venusaur, which should have made me happy because I fricken love grass types, but grass types just don't get quite that beefy!  (...I wonder if Roserade would have worked?  Ah no it's also grass/poison of course.  ...Tangrowth?)

And lastly the prize: Raiku.  Basically a non threat, I mained Rhyperior even before the recent community day.

I start with Mamoswine-
JK I immediately switch for Machamp, because the act of switching stuns the AI for a couple seconds.  There's a timer on switching, but it's worth it.
Machamp proceeds to beat the stuffing out of this normal-type Persian for a few seconds, until the persian starts ineffectually using its dark quickmove.  Off goes "Close Combat".  It's blocked, and Machamp's defense falls.
All according to keikaku.
Machamp continues punching.  The Persian is stunned by the move, but recovers and gets some painful dark claws off on the weakened defense- and Machamp uses Close Combat again.
Again blocked, Giovanni's shields are gone.

FourPunchMan falls quickly afterward.  But unlike my Slaking opener, I've nearly killed that damn cat with just the fast moves.
In comes Mamoswine (DaRude) who gets the kill before the Persian can reaction.  Charging up a Blizzard for DumbGroundHippo (headcanon).  Smack, smack - despite every advantage, it's a tough battle because Team Rocket cheats like heck.  seriously, their CP are like 12K versus my 2.5K.  But they do get stunned a lot and that makes it work.

...Almost.  DaRude goes down, it's just down to Rhyperior (Superior).  Finishes off the stupid hippo, gaining some charge.  In comes Shadow Raiku, getting smacked in the face with rocks.  Eat Superpower!  Our stats go down, but victory is at hand. Eat-

Oh shit it's got a move off- JK I KEPT A SHIELD
Rock rock rock rock and a final Superpower
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get wrekt!
For the second time, you cheating bastard!

Pokemon GO
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: February 26, 2020, 09:41:32 am »

Congrats!
I just managed to fight him yesterday... I snuck in a win on my second try, but not before Raikou nearly one-shot my Rhyperior with Thunder(?!?). I was one-or-two fast moves away from disaster. Bizarre.

Has anyone been making use of the new Pokémon GO PVP league?
I had great fun in Great League (<1500 CP), less fun in Ultra League (<2500 CP), and haven't yet made my mind up about Master League (uncapped). The stardust/rare candy cost for setting up an Ultra League team was a bit horrific (but worth it for my Giratina-shredding Alolan Muk, at least)... I was worried it would be even worse for Master League until I realized I could "just" unlock second moves on some of my Big Guys that I already maxed out and be at least somewhat competitive. It's fantastic getting some use out of my 100% Shadow Ball Mewtwo and my 98% Dragonite, for example. Still losing a lot though.

Best prizes I've gotten so far are Scraggy and 2(!) Deinos. I ended up in rank 9 because the game's bonkers rating system graciously stuck me there for unknown reasons, but I'm not complaining. Even if it means I generally lose 2-3 games out of every set of 5 now.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: February 26, 2020, 04:34:54 pm »

Just gonna crosspost this Pokemon GO talk.  Oh also, Tornadus is still happening tomorrow.  I haven't catched it yet, looks cool I guess?  Actually pure-flying sounds awful, I'm more excited about the steel/fighting Cobalion which I'm barely using.
Second run in with Giovanni, and I had to completely rethink my strategy. 

He still starts with Persian - Normal, but with dark moves which prevent me using my powerful psychics.  Demands a fighting type, but it's hard to get one competetive.

Followed by a weird hippo thing I'd never seen which turned out to be pure ground.  This thing was the bane of my existence.  Guides suggested Venusaur, which should have made me happy because I fricken love grass types, but grass types just don't get quite that beefy!  (...I wonder if Roserade would have worked?  Ah no it's also grass/poison of course.  ...Tangrowth?)

And lastly the prize: Raiku.  Basically a non threat, I mained Rhyperior even before the recent community day.

I start with Mamoswine-
JK I immediately switch for Machamp, because the act of switching stuns the AI for a couple seconds.  There's a timer on switching, but it's worth it.
Machamp proceeds to beat the stuffing out of this normal-type Persian for a few seconds, until the persian starts ineffectually using its dark quickmove.  Off goes "Close Combat".  It's blocked, and Machamp's defense falls.
All according to keikaku.
Machamp continues punching.  The Persian is stunned by the move, but recovers and gets some painful dark claws off on the weakened defense- and Machamp uses Close Combat again.
Again blocked, Giovanni's shields are gone.

FourPunchMan falls quickly afterward.  But unlike my Slaking opener, I've nearly killed that damn cat with just the fast moves.
In comes Mamoswine (DaRude) who gets the kill before the Persian can reaction.  Charging up a Blizzard for DumbGroundHippo (headcanon).  Smack, smack - despite every advantage, it's a tough battle because Team Rocket cheats like heck.  seriously, their CP are like 12K versus my 2.5K.  But they do get stunned a lot and that makes it work.

...Almost.  DaRude goes down, it's just down to Rhyperior (Superior).  Finishes off the stupid hippo, gaining some charge.  In comes Shadow Raiku, getting smacked in the face with rocks.  Eat Superpower!  Our stats go down, but victory is at hand. Eat-

Oh shit it's got a move off- JK I KEPT A SHIELD
Rock rock rock rock and a final Superpower
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get wrekt!
For the second time, you cheating bastard!

Pokemon GO

The correct way to celebrate Ash Wednesday would be to redo the fight with a Pikachu.
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 463