Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 636261 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: MYSTERY DUNGEON REMAKE
« Reply #6795 on: February 27, 2020, 10:35:35 pm »

Congrats!
I just managed to fight him yesterday... I snuck in a win on my second try, but not before Raikou nearly one-shot my Rhyperior with Thunder(?!?). I was one-or-two fast moves away from disaster. Bizarre.

Has anyone been making use of the new Pokémon GO PVP league?
I had great fun in Great League (<1500 CP), less fun in Ultra League (<2500 CP), and haven't yet made my mind up about Master League (uncapped). The stardust/rare candy cost for setting up an Ultra League team was a bit horrific (but worth it for my Giratina-shredding Alolan Muk, at least)... I was worried it would be even worse for Master League until I realized I could "just" unlock second moves on some of my Big Guys that I already maxed out and be at least somewhat competitive. It's fantastic getting some use out of my 100% Shadow Ball Mewtwo and my 98% Dragonite, for example. Still losing a lot though.

Best prizes I've gotten so far are Scraggy and 2(!) Deinos. I ended up in rank 9 because the game's bonkers rating system graciously stuck me there for unknown reasons, but I'm not complaining. Even if it means I generally lose 2-3 games out of every set of 5 now.
Ultra league (<2500 CP) was almost ideal for me.  Being level 36 I have several things in the mid-3000's for fighting Team Rocket, but also a comfortable amount of choice for 2500-gang.  I usually play 1500 with my friends though, since it lets me use more shinies and appreciate pokemon I'd otherwise forget about.  Even greater variety than 2500!

Yeah uh... I haven't won once in Master League (unbound, as I have been calling it).  That's fine, and I actually enjoy losing such that others win, but I have been trying my best and it's brutal.  (Every loss has resulted in a resigned sigh and smile, whereas I literally screamed at my phone in a dark parking lot after one of my several attempts against Giovanni)

One could also see this as comeuppance after I belatedly joined the 2500 league and curbstomped for a while, until the matchmaking gave me a more appropriate rank.  Currently just 6, nothing to brag about, and I shudder to think what Unbound foes I'd be facing at Rank 9.

I did get a Scraggy, happy about that!  I have no idea how useful they are but I like the dark/fighting street punk aesthetic.

Also, Deinos!  I know almost nothing about this pokemon and basically filed it away, but CalcyIV says the CP gets really good!  And Dragon/Dark is... interesting.  At least it's not yet another Dragon/Flying (or Flygon, ye of nonsensical typing).  Mewtwo seems very common in Unbound, so the Hydra-whatever final evolution might actually be good.

Too bad I only have 212 rare candies storied up (and even that is absurd indecision, I know).  125 would make it a lovely 2500 league surprise...  But I think this month is just going to-

Oh, season ends on March 13th.  That's not so bad at all.  Here's hoping it switches back to 1500 for awesome variety!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: February 28, 2020, 04:36:42 pm »

SWSH has Squirtle and Bulbasaur in raids for the next few days. Also Charmander, though he was already catchable in Galar. And Mewtwo, though he's not catchable in the raids. He's just a tease.

Also I just found out that the Switch version of Home does not allow trading; one must install the mobile app and link it if they wish to trade. smh.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: February 28, 2020, 06:32:37 pm »

Also I just found out that the Switch version of Home does not allow trading; one must install the mobile app and link it if they wish to trade. smh.

lolwut. Really? That's an interesting decision.

Edit: So like, the process is move Pokemon from SwSh to Switch Home, get out your phone, trade the Pokemon on Mobile Home, go back to Switch Home, and move the Pokemon back to SwSh. Three programs and two devices to accomplish what you could just do in game in the prior gens. Great.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:43:57 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: February 28, 2020, 07:07:27 pm »

And of course, if you don't have a smartphone(like me), you can't even participate in one of the main features of the entire franchise.

Why would I want to pay for a subscription for this again?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: March 24, 2020, 07:16:36 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: May 25, 2020, 10:35:27 pm »

Well, I just discovered that traded pokemon can't be traded anymore in Pokemon Go.  I'm guessing that's to prevent precisely what I was trying to do: trade to a mule account so I could evolve a pokemon that evolves more easily when traded.

I sure wish they'd told me before I did that that I couldn't get the pokemon back.

It could be worse.  I'm just out a gurdurr.  I wouldn't care so much except that timburrs seem to be extremely rare, or maybe only possible to get by hatching them.  So, that's 25 timburr candies I wasted, plus however long it'll be before I see another one in an egg.

Again, could be worse.  Gurdurr and conkeldurr are two impressively dumb looking pokemon that I only wanted to complete my pokedex.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: May 26, 2020, 11:41:44 pm »

Anybody remember Pokemon Conquest? I want more weird offshoots like that.

I was thinking of booting up my PSP again which has several GBA romhacks on it. There was a nuzlocke randomize I was looking forward to trying out. Would also be in the mood for recommendations.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: May 28, 2020, 05:20:53 am »

Just caught a shiny gigantamax Meowth in Sword.

Thank Arceus the shiny state persists between resets. Took 4 attempts to capture.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:23:34 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: August 09, 2020, 07:28:04 am »

Has anyone tried Pokemon TCG Online? The app looks like a virus, so I'm hesitant to try it out...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: August 09, 2020, 07:54:49 am »

Has anyone tried Pokemon TCG Online? The app looks like a virus, so I'm hesitant to try it out...

I don't know anything about an app, but the PC version is made in Unity.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: August 10, 2020, 12:33:19 am »

I ran the PC version in the face of insomnia and then played for 6 hours straight...

Anybody hit me up if you want to be friends on PTCGO.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: February 26, 2021, 11:04:49 pm »

-=-=-=-

Here's some Pokemon news:
Diamond and Pearl are being remade. The style looks a bit like how Nintendo did the Link's Awakening remake - not a fan but it's okay because I also hated Diamond and Pearl.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is an open world scrapped first attempt at the remake new game which is supposed to have more RPG elements and be more like Breath of the Wild. Looks cool, but could just as easily be another Let's Go.

New Pokemon Snap - for fans of that series has more info released. I haven't played the old one in like a decade but hey - how bad can that formula really go?

Diamond and Pearl news.
Arceus news.
Pokemon Snap.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: February 28, 2021, 08:26:08 pm »

Pokemon: Breath of the Arceus

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: February 28, 2021, 09:48:10 pm »

TBQH I didn't really enjoy the first time around gen 4.  I remember a miles-long snow route, terminating in a town of like four buildings and an annoying ice-slide puzzle in the ice gym in the ice city.  Oh and honey slathering and a balloon that's only there on friday.

I also felt the gen 3 remake was way easier than it's original form, just handing you powerful stuff just for participating.  Here's Latios, you don't even need to fight him.  Here's his megastone, too.  Here's the exp share item.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: May 25, 2021, 03:10:26 pm »

I have to post this.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1347288812

Doing a random battle.

I don't really have a particularly good team. No good synergies or hazards or sweepers. Just kinda a "whatever" team.

Around turn 17 this guy starts flaming me.

☆dkfpos9323:
wow you're a greedy motherfucker
☆dkfpos9323: and you dodge my attack lmfao
☆ws 54erht dxer fgf: i don't have anything that can win otherwise
☆ws 54erht dxer fgf: if i don't get this i will lose anyway
☆ws 54erht dxer fgf: so gotta do it

Because I really don't. His team can easily cover anything Alakazam or Salazzle can dish out. I also don't really have stall or any form of regeneration. So either I do a full sweep or I lose.

He just keeps flaming me like he can't read my text.

☆dkfpos9323: literally fucking clueless
☆dkfpos9323: greedy as fuck dragon dances because you got a clutch dodge against stone edge lmfao.
☆dkfpos9323: and you won the speed tie lmfao

So I just keep kinda trying to find a way to make him do a stupid switch so I can kill some stuff. He just never stops flaming. I get lucky with a 10% chance burn on flamethrower.

☆dkfpos9323: OMFG
☆dkfpos9323: and now you even fucking burn me?
☆dkfpos9323: what a joke.....

☆dkfpos9323: what a fucking joke
☆dkfpos9323: burning my ttar...
☆dkfpos9323: fucking ridiculous

I really have no moves so I just keep alternating between using Ditto to use his own leech seed and trying to stall with something else.

☆dkfpos9323: bruh this is fucking TEDIOUS
☆dkfpos9323:
☆dkfpos9323: why are you wasting my time

Eventually he finally switches in his Decudieye. Starts cleaning up my team. My Crobat does 99% damage to him and also dies. I don't really have anything left.

I really only have Ditto and an almost dead Solgaleo left. I figured best thing I can hope for is to sacrifice Solgaleo to boost the enemy's Celesteela and use Ditto to do as much damage as possible before losing.

☆dkfpos9323: lmfao
☆dkfpos9323: so fucking pathetic
☆dkfpos9323: what a waste of my time

Ditto comes in. +1 sp attack. I decide to pin my hopes on Flash Cannon. We are both leeched. I only have 5 flash cannons to kill a 3/4th health Celesteela and an Urshifu with sucker punch. The guy is basically guaranteed to win.

Suddenly he switches out Celesteela to Urshifu. I think he thinks it'll clear up the leech seed for him or something. I blow up the Urshifu.

I get another +1 sp attack.

Celesteela gets annihilated with the now +2 Ditto Celesteela with my now last two Flash Cannons.

☆dkfpos9323 left

Feels so goddamn good. So damn good man.
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 463