Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Gen and Towers  (Read 2524 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Gen and Towers
« on: June 30, 2012, 05:03:16 pm »

So I've been playing around with world gen to see what setting will create a lot of towns, leave room for lairs and stuff, and produces towers for me to invade later.

But every time the entirety of the map contains only one tower, every time. And sometimes there's no tower at all.

So I've been wondering, what settings in world gen help to produce towers? And how do towers come to exist anyway?

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Gen and Towers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 06:57:43 pm »

First, setting the number of secrets in Advanced World gen helps.  The more secrets there are, the more tablets can be created and given to necromancers.  The next thing you need is history, it takes time for the gods to give the tablets to necromancers and the for the necromancers to build a tower and gather students and raise the dead.  So you'll need at least a century or so of history to get those towers sprouting up.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 08:42:51 pm »

I just genned a pocket adventure world with five towers in it, if you want a good worldgen for necromancery fun time.

That said, all the humans have been wiped out by the undead.... my dwarf adventurer genned on top of a tower and immediately had to jump off of it just to get anywhere.

Time to go find a lair to raid for a base of operations!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 08:49:35 pm »

I just genned a pocket adventure world with five towers in it, if you want a good worldgen for necromancery fun time.

That said, all the humans have been wiped out by the undead.... my dwarf adventurer genned on top of a tower and immediately had to jump off of it just to get anywhere.

The living resistance squad? LSS?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 08:58:48 pm »

Indeed. I've discovered even the goblins and the surface demons have been wiped out by thralls and the legions of undead.

So yeah, everything except for megabeasts, titans, and wild animals is dead. Plus whatever is lurking underground.

Technically there are still elves and dwarfs around, but since they don't exist in adventure mode, I'm the only living thing that isn't a monster or necromancer/vampire/werebeast.

Fuck the world, I'm going to kill them all.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:52 pm »

Indeed. I've discovered even the goblins and the surface demons have been wiped out by thralls and the legions of undead.

So yeah, everything except for megabeasts, titans, and wild animals is dead. Plus whatever is lurking underground.

Technically there are still elves and dwarfs around, but since they don't exist in adventure mode, I'm the only living thing that isn't a monster or necromancer/vampire/werebeast.

As the dwarf ran up to the necromancer, a zombie could swear it heard "WE NEED A SLOGAN" before getting sliced in half.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 09:32:30 pm »

As the dwarf ran up to the necromancer, a zombie could swear it heard "WE NEED A SLOGAN" before getting sliced in half.

Actually this world is even more !!FUN!! than just being full of undead.... my new hidey-hole just happens to have been spawned a local tile away from a shrine.

With two BCs in it.

.....I didn't even know megabeasts could cooperate....

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »

First, setting the number of secrets in Advanced World gen helps.  The more secrets there are, the more tablets can be created and given to necromancers.

I already do 100 years usually. Anyway thanks for that tip, I didn't know what secrets were.

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 01:00:07 am »

GIVE US THIS SAVE NOW!

Please.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 08:45:48 am »

GIVE US THIS SAVE NOW!

Please.

Haha sure, what filesharing site do people here use?

Oh, and darkrider2, if you want necromancers, just turn up secrets ridiculously on a small map. Tain't hard at all. I'm at 120 years of worldgen and five towers easy peasy.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 01:55:49 pm »

Nice, I already became a necromancer in my last game. And attacked my own civ with a zombie army.

Then I took my 40+ minions to a dragons layer. Turns out dragon fire, and smoke, blocks movement. And zombies are NOT flame resistant.