Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Space Station 13 Remake  (Read 53652 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Space Station 13 Remake
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 05:16:02 pm »

All the praise to you good sir, this is strong with promise.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 07:49:42 pm »

Just tried it out, ITS EVEN MORE FUCKING AWESOME! :D
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 08:07:37 pm »

Well this is certainly interesting.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 08:37:48 pm »

I got it to work, but I'm getting error messages in the console. A lot of error messages. And some warnings. Is this normal?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 08:54:01 pm »

Do you have a design docu open to the public?

How do you plan to handle AIs?

How do you plan to handle Clowns or Mimes?

Some of the more interesting features of SS13, is the unexpected behaviors from changing the game's environment. EG, changing the atmosphere or temperature. Do you still plan to have the game enviroment to be as, for the lack of a better word, as present as it is in Byond SS13? EG, power conduits, data trunks and environmental systems?

Do you need help with system design?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Kadath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 05:56:56 am »

I got it to work, but I'm getting error messages in the console. A lot of error messages. And some warnings. Is this normal?
You need a decent graphics card capable of OpenGL 2.1; if you have that, post what error messages you get and i can probably fix it.

Some of the more interesting features of SS13, is the unexpected behaviors from changing the game's environment. EG, changing the atmosphere or temperature. Do you still plan to have the game enviroment to be as, for the lack of a better word, as present as it is in Byond SS13? EG, power conduits, data trunks and environmental systems?

A design document? Not really - iv'e got a "list of stuff to do next", but nothing more complex. I don't really need it, since i'm the only programmer.

Aren't clowns and mimes just jobs like any other - starting with their default items? Shouldn't be too hard adding them when i want to! As for the AI, i can probably render all the cameras in a large grid, so the AI can watch lots of video feeds simultaneously.

Power is actually pretty much done, electrical devices draw power from nearby power boxes (there's one in screenshot 1), which in turn draw power from the central power station, who gets power directly from the generator/engine. (for now, the power boxes create electricity out of thin air because i don't want to be bothered with power every time i test something). There's also an uncompleted gas framework in place, in which there's a web of invisible "gas nodes" spread around the station. If you are close to a node, you use up the oxygen from the system.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 07:36:51 am »

Wow. That looks really pretty.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 07:23:35 pm »

Well, for a Clown to actually do its job, it would need set of unique animations, and to probably make it more engaging/active for the player to play as a clown, might need some control over the antics the clown does. There also the bannanananananan peels that interfere with movement.

The Mime require a similar set of unique animations for its antics and possibly control over them for them to be more engaging for the player to want to play them. I think on the goon server, the Mime can have its invisible props have actual effects on other players. While a cool concept, could be rather hard to convey with the greater emphasis on visual represention, then the top down game world of Byond SS13.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 12:19:09 am »

You need a decent graphics card capable of OpenGL 2.1; if you have that, post what error messages you get and i can probably fix it.

A design document? Not really - iv'e got a "list of stuff to do next", but nothing more complex. I don't really need it, since i'm the only programmer.

Aren't clowns and mimes just jobs like any other - starting with their default items? Shouldn't be too hard adding them when i want to! As for the AI, i can probably render all the cameras in a large grid, so the AI can watch lots of video feeds simultaneously.

Power is actually pretty much done, electrical devices draw power from nearby power boxes (there's one in screenshot 1), which in turn draw power from the central power station, who gets power directly from the generator/engine. (for now, the power boxes create electricity out of thin air because i don't want to be bothered with power every time i test something). There's also an uncompleted gas framework in place, in which there's a web of invisible "gas nodes" spread around the station. If you are close to a node, you use up the oxygen from the system.

If you had a kickstarter for this i be throwing my money at my screen for weeks.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 12:30:18 am »

As for the AI, i can probably render all the cameras in a large grid, so the AI can watch lots of video feeds simultaneously.
YES PLEASE

If this even gets half as good as the original, it will be amazing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 12:44:55 am »

Good work so far. I look forward to seeing what this becomes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 01:38:14 am »

The part that will be tricky in my mind is the fact that the entire ship is technically fully destructible.

I can just sense a giant pair of siscors

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 08:55:43 am »

Holy fuck, I was just wondering this morning when someone would make a 3D SS13-like.  Good show, sir!
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 04:44:33 pm »

Is there somewhere I can preorder? Or in some other way give monies to you? (Paypal perhaps?)
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 04:50:26 pm »

Wow, we are getting a lot of mileage out of variants of the phrase "Please take all of my money", in both image and text.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10