Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47058 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.01A)
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 12:30:16 pm »

Dafuq? Excuse the double post. It wasnt intentional, I think I lagged and it made me resend the message or something.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:34:15 pm by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 12:43:19 pm »

Drop this on every TREE

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BARK:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:birch bark]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:birchen bark]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:650]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BURNT_UMBER]

then drop a [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BARK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:BARK]
in the WOOD_TEMPLATE or in any tree that you give BARK too

But the issue is that the reaction could take the same log/item over and over again unless you want it to consume a whole log to make bark

[REACTION:STRIP_BARK]
[NAME:strip bark from logs]
[BUILDING:<building>:CUSTOM_S]
[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BARK_MAT] --- logs with the BARK_MAT
[PRODUCT:100:1:LEATHER:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:BARK_MAT]
[SKILL:CARPENTRY]

Now the reaction it makes 1 bark item which is leather/tanned skin so now you can make bark armor in the leather workers shop. But the log is consumed. It's like a wood tanning operation.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 01:14:48 pm »

Drop this on every TREE

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BARK:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:birch bark]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:birchen bark]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:650]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BURNT_UMBER]

then drop a [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BARK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:BARK]
in the WOOD_TEMPLATE or in any tree that you give BARK too

But the issue is that the reaction could take the same log/item over and over again unless you want it to consume a whole log to make bark

[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BARK_MAT] --- logs with the BARK_MAT

Now the reaction it makes 1 bark item which is leather/tanned skin so now you can make bark armor in the leather workers shop. But the log is consumed. It's like a wood tanning operation.
Why not make it consume the original log, and produce "Striped X log" which can't be used in the bark striping reaction?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 01:21:09 pm »

You mean something like this?

[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [NOT_PRESSED]
     [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BARK_MAT] --- logs with the BARK_MAT
            [PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE][PRODUCT_PRESSED]

This reaction might be one horrible mess and have no idea on what the outcome will be

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 05:27:26 pm »

Maybe, instead of chopping trees, elves would have a special "Elven Grove" type of workshop where elves, using their Nature Magic skill, grow wood. The Grow Wood reaction (or whatever) would take one, preserved log, have a 10-25% chance of producing a copy of it, and perhaps a very small chance of producing a special, magical log.
My thoughts on an elven civ, is that they would be able to set up some workshop where they would be able to 'sing' wood out of trees. It stands up to many different lores, and would be somewhat easy to implement. It would probably be quite overpowered, unless it required an instrument, or some form of nature essence. Actually, Imma start my first major mod.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 05:40:43 pm »

Maybe, instead of chopping trees, elves would have a special "Elven Grove" type of workshop where elves, using their Nature Magic skill, grow wood. The Grow Wood reaction (or whatever) would take one, preserved log, have a 10-25% chance of producing a copy of it, and perhaps a very small chance of producing a special, magical log.
My thoughts on an elven civ, is that they would be able to set up some workshop where they would be able to 'sing' wood out of trees. It stands up to many different lores, and would be somewhat easy to implement. It would probably be quite overpowered, unless it required an instrument, or some form of nature essence. Actually, Imma start my first major mod.

Imo, it would have to consume this instrument. However, you should make the only acceptable instruments be Lutes, Flutes and Harps. Drums wouldn't really sing wood out of a tree imo.

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 06:36:00 pm »

I started making this, but then ended up branching off into the LoTR universe...
Anyways, what I had going was a system in which at one workshop, you could sacrifice gathered or farmed plant life to gain 'essence', which was then used in a reaction at the nature shrine to sing wood in. I can't really explain.. let me show ya a bit of the code.

Sing Wood reaction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 06:44:31 pm »

I started making this, but then ended up branching off into the LoTR universe...
Anyways, what I had going was a system in which at one workshop, you could sacrifice gathered or farmed plant life to gain 'essence', which was then used in a reaction at the nature shrine to sing wood in. I can't really explain.. let me show ya a bit of the code.

Sing Wood reaction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its a nice concept, you have a } in your preserve_reagent token btw. And, the only thing against this is that in the raws one of elves Ethics says killing plants is unthinkable:
[ETHIC:KILL_PLANT:UNTHINKABLE]

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 06:56:39 pm »

In the shrine the essence is extracted from harvested materials from plants. Fisher berries, prickleberries, stuff that comes from bushes. I like to imagine they don't actually harm the plant.
Thanks for pointing out the }, no wonder I was misplacing my instruments...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 07:29:09 pm »

Also how is your BAR:NONE:ESSENCE:NONE working at all? ESSENCE is not a valid material, you might want INORGANIC:ESSENCE

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 07:39:28 pm »

That was from me posting it here, it's not actually called essence in the reaction, i gave it a rather odd name. I accidentally deleted the INORGANIC: when I swapped out.

EDIT: If you're wondering, it's NATURE_POWER_CRAP, a material that has the same properties as glass.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:41:47 pm by Windpoison »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:25 pm »

Imo, it would have to consume this instrument. However, you should make the only acceptable instruments be Lutes, Flutes and Harps. Drums wouldn't really sing wood out of a tree imo.
Well, if it's one instrument == one log...how many instruments can a woodcrafter make at once? Maybe have a 50% chance of making a second log. Especially if this is supposed to replace woodcutting (which it, ideally, should).
*rereads reaction*
And you should be able to get essence fairly easy if singing wood is supposed to be the main wood source.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 11:23:38 pm »

Great news, Satyrs are nearly done, all I have to do is finish the language and fix up the Elves crap, and then I can release the next update.

It will have:
Tree farming,
Satyr race (Playable in both fortress and adventure ofc)
Possibly the Elves bark forging.

The Satyrs are a full race, they have a few nobles, a language, 2 custom weapons and added default weapon accessibility, the good stuff.

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »

Well, if it's one instrument == one log...how many instruments can a woodcrafter make at once? Maybe have a 50% chance of making a second log. Especially if this is supposed to replace woodcutting (which it, ideally, should).
*rereads reaction*
And you should be able to get essence fairly easy if singing wood is supposed to be the main wood source.
The instrument wasn't meant to be destroyed, I fixed that.
I've now gotten a lot done here, but wouldn't be polite to OP to make my own thread or release it without his permission, seeing as it's all his idea.

I have one question for any experienced modders though... would [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
work?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 11:40:11 pm »

Windpoison

Yes, grab 1 or 1 stack of plants.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19