Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47206 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.03.2A)[More .03.X bugfixes]
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2012, 06:41:50 pm »

Alright, just got back from camping a little while ago. Took a shower and stuff. I'll get working on the next update. I think I'm going to really look through this stuff, fix the bugs, and then add a few more nobles to both Elves and Satyrs. Also, with the bug race idea, I was actually thinking about a giant ant-man race. They'd get all sorts of custom stuff. Anyways, yeah, I'll get working on those bugs. Sorry about the 10k quivers....
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2012, 06:52:59 pm »

Love this :) Gives me many, many, bad ideas (as in: the want to start modding again)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »

Love this :) Gives me many, many, bad ideas (as in: the want to start modding again)
Haha, if you get any ideas for this mod, don't be afraid to post them :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2012, 07:03:04 pm »

More for my own mod ;) Different starting civs is something people requested previously, but I never got around to make them. Omg, the possibilities... civs that can only use dead bodys as resource, or only farming, or only inorganics... one that cant dig, another one that cant fight, but has to rely on pets... amazing. I would certainly make custom buildings graphics/names for them, just for flavor.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2012, 07:13:07 pm »

By the way, just as a little 'teaser', in the next update Elves are going to basically grow metal. The 'Pray to Tree Altar' task will be removed, and instead you'll pray for metal. There will be an ever-decreasing chance for each metal as value increases. So while you may(these aren't the official chances) have an 80% for copper, you may only have a .14 for Adamantine (Forgot how to spell it xD)
And with the chances, you get a seed for a special plant that grows strands of that metal which can then be processed at a special Elven workshop, where they extract the strands, and process it into a workable bar of metal. Basically a dwarf's wet dream(Metal from nothing) is the basis of Elven metal-working.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2012, 08:09:01 pm »

I think elves should grow metal-grade magic wood, Seeing a Elf that live completely in the woods making charcoal to forge metal weapons seems... Odd? lol

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2012, 08:22:50 pm »

I think elves should grow metal-grade magic wood, Seeing a Elf that live completely in the woods making charcoal to forge metal weapons seems... Odd? lol
Actually, instead of a magic metal-grade wood, how about giving Elves a special type of fuel? It would make more sense than hammering/forging wood.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:45:12 pm by Toxicshadow »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2012, 12:24:51 am »

While elves do need to be powered up to allow them to survive against the goblins and megabeasts that dwarves need to contend with, allowing them to make strong weaponry seems like trying to squeeze dwarven thinking into elven morals.

If I may make a suggestion, it is possible to make elven pets more powerful by giving elves a 'greeting' reaction that only works on non-speaking, non-learning creatures.  With proper balancing, you could make it that elves live out in the forest among the trees and animals, using superpowered 'living walls' that protect them well enough without needing to clear land for construction, dig burrows, or make powerful weaponry.  That seems like an 'elfier' solution than giving them means of producing metal-grade wood.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2012, 12:44:19 am »

While elves do need to be powered up to allow them to survive against the goblins and megabeasts that dwarves need to contend with, allowing them to make strong weaponry seems like trying to squeeze dwarven thinking into elven morals.

If I may make a suggestion, it is possible to make elven pets more powerful by giving elves a 'greeting' reaction that only works on non-speaking, non-learning creatures.  With proper balancing, you could make it that elves live out in the forest among the trees and animals, using superpowered 'living walls' that protect them well enough without needing to clear land for construction, dig burrows, or make powerful weaponry.  That seems like an 'elfier' solution than giving them means of producing metal-grade wood.
Interesting...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2012, 02:40:56 am »

Actually, instead of a magic metal-grade wood, how about giving Elves a special type of fuel? It would make more sense than hammering/forging wood.
So, let's go deeper in biotech!
Muscle plants = mechanisms. Used for cage traps and such.
Heater plant = fuel. And also used for power supply - special building to replace water- and windmills
Metallic plants = sources of metal. Takes a year(s?) to grow, after processing gives one bar. Since we can't get random, then we should have one specie of plant per metal. i.e iron, copper, silver, gold, lead, tin. Leave bismuth, nickel, platinum and aluminum to dwarves, as well as adamantine.
Wood enchantment that raises it to iron-grade - applied to wooden items and cocts.. well, let it be some elixir made from special plant.
Forest Guard. An elf can sacrifice himself to be transformed into this, to protect his brethen. It's a special moving tree-like creature, with ability to spawn new branches used to grab and attack enemies - I think it can be made via interaction/syndrome with adding new "hand" tag to self.
And the 'Stimulate creature's mind' thing should be included too.
More ideas later...

How about Wooden caps?

I'm thinking the make wood armor stuff is because the reagent is just this:
   [REAGENT:wood:1:WOOD:NONE]

wooden cap making and all the others just have this, while wooden helm reaction has
   [REAGENT:wood:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
which include the material portions.

Also just a friendly note even if you get gauntlets to get the proper material, they won't work unless they have "right" and "left" versions

And praying for stuff is broken because there is no way to make a product "randomly" pick a material saddly, however you can make it pick a random Item. But that is not the desired effect.

[REACTION:GETGOODSFROMTREE]
   [NAME:Pray to Tree Altar]
   [BUILDING:TREEALTAR:CUSTOM_P]
   [REAGENT:giftA:15:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
        [CONTAINS:giftB]
        [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:85:2:BAR:NONE:NONE:NONE] - no material, generic "air" is used
   [PRODUCT:50:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]- no material, generic "air" is used
   [PRODUCT:38:5:STONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]- no material, generic "air" is used
   [PRODUCT:10:2:ROUGH:NONE:NONE:NONE]- no material, generic "air" is used
   [SKILL:PACIFY]

also for quivers having no quality that is because the [SKILL:XXXX] tag is missing from the reaction, which means it is done instantly by anyone and no skill to affect quality.

[REACTION:MAKECLOTHQUIVER]
   [NAME:Make a Cloth Quiver]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_ALT_Q]
   [REAGENT:cloth:1:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:QUIVER:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM:REAGENT:cloth:NONE]
   [SKILL:CLOTHESMAKING] --- just added this, now clothemakers will make it. And a legenary will make a masterwork

Also peregarrett, I found your confusion about being able to make cloth quivers in vanilla. I'm doing a test fort, and somehow a migrant hunter came with a rope reed quiver :/ But I do have imcomplete adv. mode reactions that allow quiver making, Maybe worldgen creatures can use those on their adventures?
I think, I've seen wool/cloth quivers in vanilla DF, both for invaders or migrants. Since it's completely hardcoded item, everything is possible then...
Btw, I misspelled SKILL:CLOTHIER instead of CLOTHESMAKING here  :D And it should be 10000 as cloth quantity, not 1000.

I'm getting mittens for gauntlets, with no side specified. How to make them be left and right gauntlets?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2012, 03:02:09 am »

peregarrett... I swear you must be Toxic's alt account, as we were just discussing that just a few hours ago...

And yeah the reaction stuff I posted would be Toxic's old mistakes, and did I say 1000? I must have missed hitting "0" 1 more time.
GLOVE items are impossible to make in custom reactions, only Vanilla making can add the "left" and "right" modifiers.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2012, 03:06:56 am »

peregarrett... I swear you must be Toxic's alt account, as we were just discussing that just a few hours ago...

And yeah the reaction stuff I posted would be Toxic's old mistakes, and did I say 1000? I must have missed hitting "0" 1 more time.
GLOVE items are impossible to make in custom reactions, only Vanilla making can add the "left" and "right" modifiers.
We are Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!

Ok, screw the gauntlets at all then. Let elves suffer with losing their hands and fingers, mwahahaha!!!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2012, 10:25:52 am »

How about angel root? AKA elven plumphelmets :P
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2012, 11:44:53 am »

Alright, just telling  you now: After I get most bugs that I can find(including the 10k quivers) fixed, and get the next update out I'm not going to add very much more to Elves for a bit. I'd rather add a new entity than make an existing one suit everyone's lore. If you don't like it, don't use it I guess. That isn't saying I wont update them in the future, but for a bit I wont add anything unless it is necessary(Like 10k quivers for example)

Also, if you've played with Satyrs, you may have noticed they're all males. I've fixed that for the next update lol 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:01:54 pm by Toxicshadow »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2012, 01:51:43 pm »

Also, if you've played with Satyrs, you may have noticed they're all males. I've fixed that for the next update lol

Maybe give them dimorphism?  Like making the females nymphs, which were basically the female equivalent of satyrs/fauns.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19