Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47305 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2012, 06:12:19 am »

Also i think FREQUENCY:0 actually is not working and going to default 50. You need to add frequency 1 or better yet just remove BIOME tags - that will make it existent and non-existent at once. Also if it is a cavern plant - then it will not be avaible to any civ if it is growing lower than level1 - levels 2 and 3 are prohibited for civs.
But will we be able to farm them then, if they'd have no biome tag?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2012, 07:29:54 am »

If they are cave plants - then you should be able to without a problem. I never checked it with level 3 plants, but it is easily tested i think. Just mod some cave_wheat as cave 3:3 and see that it is not on the embark screen. Then add a reaction to make its seeds and try to plant them. If it is not there - then breach level 3 and then see if it works. Breaching level 3 should work 100% but i think that is not important.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2012, 07:42:32 am »

If they are cave plants - then you should be able to without a problem. I never checked it with level 3 plants, but it is easily tested i think. Just mod some cave_wheat as cave 3:3 and see that it is not on the embark screen. Then add a reaction to make its seeds and try to plant them. If it is not there - then breach level 3 and then see if it works. Breaching level 3 should work 100% but i think that is not important.
Elves can't dig. So they have to be aboveground.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2012, 08:02:02 am »

I meant that it is not important to dig. You get a plant which cannot be used by ANY race. And them you create a reaction which gives that plnat and give that to elf entity. Done:)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2012, 08:18:46 am »

I meant that it is not important to dig. You get a plant which cannot be used by ANY race. And them you create a reaction which gives that plnat and give that to elf entity. Done:)
We don't get a plant, we get that plant's seed, and then it's to be planted and harvested. And if you attach them to underground biome elves won't plant them as they can't dig underground farm. So that's the main question - how to make a new plant farmable aboveground, but not tradable at embark or caravan.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2012, 08:30:35 am »

Frequency 1? 0 won't work as i know. But it will still make it rare but avaible. It might be worth a try to get GOOD or EVIL plants - but it will make elves trade it:( It will only limit it to elves.
PS Суровая задачка блин.:( Не уверен что вообще возможно.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36:47 am »

Frequency 1? 0 won't work as i know. But it will still make it rare but avaible. It might be worth a try to get GOOD or EVIL plants - but it will make elves trade it:( It will only limit it to elves.
PS Суровая задачка блин.:( Не уверен что вообще возможно.
Maybe BIOME:MOUNTAIN would work.
Quote from: magmawiki
Above ground crops farming is impossible on tiles that are part of Mountain biomes (or any other "freezing" biome such as Glacier or Tundra), regardless of how much mud or soil is present.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2012, 09:01:01 am »

Ok now it's time for magic then:)... Close your eyes and count tot three....one...two...three
HUGO, MEPH WE NEED YOUR HELP HERE:)
That should do it:)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2012, 09:11:19 am »

Could make a "green house" building that simulates "growing" a plant
pray at alter, get seeds
take seeds to GH + potash (and maybe some other magical/elf thing)
seeds are taken and now the plant is produced
process plant, make metal bars = profit

And since very skilled elves will do the process super fast, we can pretend they are more magically inclined then others.

Personally I have not much know how on plants other then BIOME [WET][DRY] will bite you in the ass if not used right.

EDIT:
Oh my Tierre :P

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2012, 09:14:06 am »

Ok now it's time for magic then:)... Close your eyes and count tot three....one...two...three
HUGO, MEPH WE NEED YOUR HELP HERE:)
That should do it:)
Lol!

Toxic, you should add civ+_credits.txt with fanciful creatures Hugo The Dwarf, Meph and others who helped, so everyone will appear on engravings and decorations.

Edit: Holy Carp, it worked!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:16:05 am by peregarrett »

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2012, 09:18:38 am »

It always works:) I leave it as a last resrt though:)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2012, 09:38:56 am »

Greenhouse will work, but farming them at open air would be much better for roleplaying. If anything else fails, then...

Is it possible to set how much the job should take, btw?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2012, 09:46:23 am »

Greenhouse will work, but farming them at open air would be much better for roleplaying. If anything else fails, then...

Is it possible to set how much the job should take, btw?
Well I don't see how a metal plant would grow naturally... Without allowing any [ABOVE_GROUND_FARMING] entity from having access to it, and without being forced to embark in certain biomes to grow it yourself.

But if say the Greenhouse takes alot of other reasources to "insta" grow these plants, then evens out right?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:12 pm »

Damn. I knew sleeping was a bad idea. I go to sleep and you guys have a debate over those damn elves lol.
Anyways, I've tried multiple ways of limiting the plants already, you can't remove it from embark/trade. You also can't remove it's biome tags. It won't grow. Thus, the only way, as far as Im aware, is to limit it's frequency and clustersize 0(Which I hope works)
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2012, 01:32:29 pm »

I voted other, Lizardmen. And not just any lizardmen, Thorny Devil men http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorny_Devil.

A Desert dwelling race, with a special building to allow them to make water anywhere, for drinking or medical (plaster powder)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19