Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47297 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2012, 01:05:52 pm »

LOL Will it blend!?!?! XD *gets the reference*

Anyways, it's a nice suggestion, but, I can't really limit population. Migrant wave sizes are hardcoded. But I can change how many people a civ starts out with on world gen, as in the generated civs, not your own fortress. A supernatural race would be interesting, like a race of Shades or something?
'ere the Chias get hungry...

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2012, 01:44:11 pm »

like a race of Shades or something?
that is precisly what im getting at :D, i kind of lied a bit earlyer about not knowing any modding, i know how to make buildings and reaction, but not ones that work DX sadly, also blend-tec are preety epic blenders, i have one at home and i blended my old processor of my old comp.
damn near ASploded :D.
for the shades idea i like that idea alot :D a race of shadowy people who rely on spiritual or in this case a slightly more sinister/darker/higher power to be effective in combact, BUT if they do ahev acess to this they can EASALY win against a dorf in 1 V.S 1 combact but otherwise is very fragile.
which comes to a new point, dark powers and summoning riturals, liek summoning the dead to fight again *code as work animals*[This is{sparta}possible, ill try to find the forum thread that states this for yah.]
I'll tell you what if you do decide to make this race, its gona be preety epic since i dont think there is a mod that does that so far.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2012, 01:51:42 pm »

I'm definitely up for adding Shades as a race! I can't promise you they'll make their way into V0.06A, because I 'have my plate full' with Humans and Elementals. Not to mention that I haven't started Elves and their Alchemy(Potion Making, not raising walls out of the ground and snapping their fingers 'causing a huge explosion(If you get those references....your awesome.))

Anyways back onto the idea of Shades, I'll start keeping notes on what to add. Raising corpses into either other shades or an undead form to fight for them would be cool. If you have any ideas on what these Ancestral/Spiritual powers will be, please post them :P

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2012, 01:58:55 pm »

I'm definitely up for adding Shades as a race! I can't promise you they'll make their way into V0.06A, because I 'have my plate full' with Humans and Elementals. Not to mention that I haven't started Elves and their Alchemy(Potion Making, not raising walls out of the ground and snapping their fingers 'causing a huge explosion(If you get those references....your awesome.))

Anyways back onto the idea of Shades, I'll start keeping notes on what to add. Raising corpses into either other shades or an undead form to fight for them would be cool. If you have any ideas on what these Ancestral/Spiritual powers will be, please post them :P
bad news, its NOT possible to create creatures with reactions but you however can transform creatures into other ones at workshops, this could lead to such as greater shades, or mabe necromancer shades, the possiblities are near endless.
also if you want some help with making workshops feel free to ask, ill try to help you out with that.
EDIT 1: how about capturing enemys, using reaction to make then a work animal, then sacrifice altar???
can imagin this playing in the background while playing as shades http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l764pHITqJ8 :D
oh its goooooooooooooooooood being evil, sadly i dont get the referances but i still keep my cookies behind steel military grade walls :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:03:22 pm by fire1666 »

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2012, 02:04:17 pm »

bad news, its NOT possible to create creatures with reactions but you however can transform creatures into other ones at workshops, this could lead to such as greater shades, or mabe necromancer shades, the possiblities are near endless.
also if you want some help with making workshops feel free to ask, ill try to help you out with that.
Nah its fine, I have a program for workshops(Yet my aesthetic skills are lacking, thus the workshops look like shit)

With reactions, why not make the reaction take 1 corpse, but add [PRESERVE_REAGENT] and then make the workshop 'exhale' a syndrome that 'reanimates' the dead? The only real issue I can see with that is it changing the workshop's user....

Edit:
but i still keep my cookies behind steel military grade walls
Are they cookies from the dark side?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:10:50 pm by Toxicshadow »

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2012, 02:12:59 pm »

Nah its fine, I have a program for workshops(Yet my aesthetic skills are lacking, thus the workshops look like shit)

With reactions, why not make the reaction take 1 corpse, but add [PRESERVE_REAGENT] and then make the workshop 'exhale' a syndrome that 'reanimates' the dead? The only real issue I can see with that is it changing the workshop's user....
well my offer still stands if needed, im not exactly the next picasso but im fairly good at astetic, also i found somthing that could be useful with the workshop reactions, in the quote below is a code file from masterwork DF (not my work so dont give me credit) for a reaction that makes a golem from the dorf in question, change alot of lines and make it transform shades into necro shades or warrior shades???
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Are they cookies from the dark side?" holy shet referance LEVEL UP your Toxicshadow is now LEVEL 9001 chose your new upgrade :)
1:Epic counter strike for kids narator voice
2:apperance in the next epic rap battle of history
3:...
4:profit?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:15:43 pm by fire1666 »

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2012, 02:22:22 pm »

well my offer still stands if needed, im not exactly the next picasso but im fairly good at astetic, also i found somthing that could be useful with the workshop reactions, in the quote below is a code file from masterwork DF (not my work so dont give me credit) for a reaction that makes a golem from the dorf in question, change alot of lines and make it transform shades into necro shades or warrior shades???
"Are they cookies from the dark side?" holy shet referance LEVEL UP your Toxicshadow is now LEVEL 9001 chose your new upgrade :)
1: My voice is already smooooooooth enough (Gotta love Dr. Pepper ;) )
2: My rapping skills aren't quality enough for an Epic Rap Battle of Historyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
3: I'll interpret this as a TES:V Dark Brotherhood reference, as you can simply say "..." in multiple dialogs.
4: Not a single fuck was given that day...
And then, you can't level me up past over 9000, because THIS IS SPARTA! Thus I'm 300 times stronger than 9000.
lol I guess using a corpse and producing an instant transform item works too.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »

1: My voice is already smooooooooth enough (Gotta love Dr. Pepper ;) )
2: My rapping skills aren't quality enough for an Epic Rap Battle of Historyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
3: I'll interpret this as a TES:V Dark Brotherhood reference, as you can simply say "..." in multiple dialogs.
4: Not a single fuck was given that day...
And then, you can't level me up past over 9000, because THIS IS SPARTA! Thus I'm 300 times stronger than 9000.
lol I guess using a corpse and producing an instant transform item works too.
for every level i am i gain 1 doller then how high am i
answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2012, 01:32:42 am »

Hi there toxic i had some ideas for buildings for the shades, i can think of some reactions for them too if you want, the names and the requirements to build can be changed if nessasary but i think there fairly good.
1: Shadowy compressor ( MASONRY to build 4 worthless stone and 4 stone mechanisms) basicly creates slade from normal stone's, but can also make slade blocks from those slade stones, can produce slade anvils from slade blocks(2 slade blocks needed), and slade altars from slade blocks (4 slade blocks needed)
2: Darkened slade heater (ARCATECT AND FURNACE OPPERATOR to build 8 slade blocks 8 stone mechanisms) Supper heats the slade blocks into slade supper heated fragments, provides fuel (12 Coke[for simplisity in coding sake] from 1 block :D)
3: Darkend Weaponry (WEAPONSMITH to build 8 slade blocks 2 slade bolders,12 stone mechanisms, 4 statues and 1 slade anvil) produces the shade's weapon's of war from Zakarnite (see 6: for how to produce this metal)(NO INCLUDING RANGED WEAPONS) they should have at least 1 or 2 melee weapons of each type so 2 blunt weapons (hammers maces ect) 2 bladed weapons (swords axes ect) and 2 peirce weapons (spears halbards ect)
4: Darkend fletchary (CROSSBOWMAKING [i think thats the skill] to build 8 slade blocks 2 slade bolders,12 stone mechanisms, 4 statues, 1 weapon rack) produces the shades ranged weapons of war at least 2 types (preferable a crossbow and a type of darkness crossbow or normal bow like weapon [more on darkness later ill make seperate post for that ;-)] the darkness bow/cross bow should be FAR more powerful then a normal crossbow or bow) can also produce ammuniton from slade and can even fashion slade quivers from slade blocks
5: Darkend armoury (ARMOURSMITH to build 8 slade blocks 2 slade bolders,12 stone mechanisms, 4 statues, 1 slade anvil and 1 armour rack) produces the shades protective armour from Zakarnite (see 6: for how to produce this metal) full plate armour, shields ect.
6: Zakarnite fabricator (ALCHEMY to build 8 slade blocks 12 stone mechanisms 8 statues 1 slade altar) The Shades have learnd a way of turning the "inferior" metals of this world into a very powerful metal called Zakarnite, Zakarnite is about 1.5 times better then steel in all ways, but is harder to produce,(hard part... making reactions to throw metal bars into the altar for a chance of Zakarnite[copy paste city]).
ill posit more ideas as i think about them. ;-D this is gona be truely epic.
as mentioned if you want some help ill happly assist if i can.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:34:33 am by fire1666 »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2012, 02:17:58 am »

Holy crap, this mode is descending into the madness! More races! Even more races!
Races for the Racist God!!!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2012, 02:22:23 am »

Looks interesting, posting to watch so hard.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2012, 03:13:27 am »

Holy crap, this mode is descending into the madness! More races! Even more races!
That's part of the reason progress has been very...very...very slow. But yeah, I have everything down for this update and it's following update. It's not all done, but I know what will be done. This update will have Humans, Elementals, and Elven Alchemy. Following update will be bugfixes and the release of Beta. With Beta comes gewd stuff! :P

But all these suggestions will be used in updates, so don't feel like all hope is lost lol. Just not this update.

Hi there toxic i had some ideas for buildings for the shades, i can think of some reactions for them too if you want, the names and the requirements to build can be changed if nessasary but i think there fairly good.
1: Shadowy compressor ( MASONRY to build 4 worthless stone and 4 stone mechanisms) basicly creates slade from normal stone's, but can also make slade blocks from those slade stones, can produce slade anvils from slade blocks(2 slade blocks needed), and slade altars from slade blocks (4 slade blocks needed)
2: Darkened slade heater (ARCATECT AND FURNACE OPPERATOR to build 8 slade blocks 8 stone mechanisms) Supper heats the slade blocks into slade supper heated fragments, provides fuel (12 Coke[for simplisity in coding sake] from 1 block :D)
3: Darkend Weaponry (WEAPONSMITH to build 8 slade blocks 2 slade bolders,12 stone mechanisms, 4 statues and 1 slade anvil) produces the shade's weapon's of war from Zakarnite (see 6: for how to produce this metal)(NO INCLUDING RANGED WEAPONS) they should have at least 1 or 2 melee weapons of each type so 2 blunt weapons (hammers maces ect) 2 bladed weapons (swords axes ect) and 2 peirce weapons (spears halbards ect)
4: Darkend fletchary (CROSSBOWMAKING [i think thats the skill] to build 8 slade blocks 2 slade bolders,12 stone mechanisms, 4 statues, 1 weapon rack) produces the shades ranged weapons of war at least 2 types (preferable a crossbow and a type of darkness crossbow or normal bow like weapon [more on darkness later ill make seperate post for that ;-)] the darkness bow/cross bow should be FAR more powerful then a normal crossbow or bow) can also produce ammuniton from slade and can even fashion slade quivers from slade blocks
5: Darkend armoury (ARMOURSMITH to build 8 slade blocks 2 slade bolders,12 stone mechanisms, 4 statues, 1 slade anvil and 1 armour rack) produces the shades protective armour from Zakarnite (see 6: for how to produce this metal) full plate armour, shields ect.
6: Zakarnite fabricator (ALCHEMY to build 8 slade blocks 12 stone mechanisms 8 statues 1 slade altar) The Shades have learnd a way of turning the "inferior" metals of this world into a very powerful metal called Zakarnite, Zakarnite is about 1.5 times better then steel in all ways, but is harder to produce,(hard part... making reactions to throw metal bars into the altar for a chance of Zakarnite[copy paste city]).

Wow. This is gold. Though looking at all this, there needs to be some catch, something that limits Shades, because right now they're pretty OP. But, thank you very much! :D
Also, you can have chances of products in reactions. For example I could have a reaction that uses a copper ingot, and has a 45% chance of giving me a silver ingot. Just an example, but it works :P

Aaaaand then, is anyone here any good with graphic design? Some simple sprites for these creatures would be wonderful, if someone wouldn't mind doing that. You'd be credited appropriately of course :P

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2012, 07:32:30 am »

Aaaaand then, is anyone here any good with graphic design? Some simple sprites for these creatures would be wonderful, if someone wouldn't mind doing that. You'd be credited appropriately of course :P
Only ASCII, only hardcore!!!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2012, 08:10:56 am »

That's part of the reason progress has been very...very...very slow. But yeah, I have everything down for this update and it's following update. It's not all done, but I know what will be done. This update will have Humans, Elementals, and Elven Alchemy. Following update will be bugfixes and the release of Beta. With Beta comes gewd stuff! :P

But all these suggestions will be used in updates, so don't feel like all hope is lost lol. Just not this update.

Wow. This is gold. Though looking at all this, there needs to be some catch, something that limits Shades, because right now they're pretty OP. But, thank you very much! :D
Also, you can have chances of products in reactions. For example I could have a reaction that uses a copper ingot, and has a 45% chance of giving me a silver ingot. Just an example, but it works :P

I know a weakness for the shades, WITHOUT there armour and weapons ectra they are VERY weak and frail in combact they simply put NEED armour to withstand anything, so much as a training weapon could kill an unarmoured shade.

OR they could not be able to use any form of non shade weapons or armour...
possible no traps or percent chance of failure in reactions.
also art work, I can TRY but it wont be the best stuff in the world, and how do these sprites work BTW ive never made them before D:.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2012, 01:35:17 pm »

so, the final version of elven growng crap (names and colors are changed):

and reaction that makes them useful:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SMELT_METAL_LEAVES_GLOB]
[NAME:smelt metal plant leaves]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:leaves:5:LEAVES:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:METAL_LEAVES_MAT]
[REAGENT:bag:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:leaves]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:leaves:METAL_LEAVES_MAT]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

I think "serpentia" sounds quite cool. Any objections?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19