Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 62128 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The next Total War game has been announced
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 11:48:52 am »

Jeez, learn to name your threads better. I was looking for the words 'Rome 2' and maybe 'Total War', this flew right past me and I made totally pointless thread.

And err... well, you've linked everything already, oh well.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:32 am »

Excellent news, Rome was always my favourite in the series. That and Empire.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 12:35:10 pm »

Yes! YES! YEEEEESSSS!!

I've been waiting for this for years.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 12:35:52 pm »

I mean, is this all they're going to do is rotate between Japan->Rome->medieval Europe->Napoleonic->repeat?

Goddamnit I hope not.

Still being cautiously optimistic. Prepared for disappointment.

Spoiler: My optimism summarized (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:40:42 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 12:37:43 pm »

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

CA why do you have to stick your money grubbing hands into my Rome Total War, Get the fuck away and die already.

Gonna be an unmoddable DLC fest catered to high sales.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 12:45:48 pm »

CA why do you have to stick your money grubbing hands into my Rome Total War, Get the fuck away and die already.

Luckily the game you already own is not going to be forcibly deleted from your PC.  Unless you annoy me too much.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 12:48:48 pm »

I am underwhelmed. Going way back, the Total War games had the advantage of being both original and pretty good. Now, over time, both aspects have faded and this sounds like a cash cow.

Of course, I could be wrong, and this newest version could be a near perfect grand strategy game with strong AI, and solid real time combat. Alas going by recent history I suspect dumb enemy empires, glitchy troop command, and exploitable bugged features galore.

I personally would like to see a Mongol: Total War, where the evolution of the horde is the main focus, not some kind of bolt on afterthought, add on or game event.
This is a blank sig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 12:54:47 pm »

Honestly, I like the Shogun-style map they're talking about. My favorite battles were in Medieval II, but Shogun had the best maps. I always disliked some of the games' focus on cities-only, and the fact that every important battle was a siege.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 12:58:24 pm »

Wh... you... how does your world work? Are you forced to buy Rome 2? Does the first game just disappear from your hard drive when this is released? Gnngh?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 01:41:05 pm »

Wh... you... how does your world work? Are you forced to buy Rome 2? Does the first game just disappear from your hard drive when this is released? Gnngh?

Since when can one not criticize a company for making a crappy sequel to one of their favorite games?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 01:45:20 pm »

I am still waiting for a fictional setting... such as World Total War

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 01:46:37 pm »

I am still waiting for a fictional setting... such as World Total War

War: Total War: World Conquests II
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »

'Criticize' (get the fuck away and die). 'Crappy sequel' on basis of a few interviews (you probably didn't read) and an announcement. Unmoddable DLC fest because... err? Shogun 2 mod forums don't exactly look dead to me, and I always have trouble understanding why people see DLC as some sort of personal insult.

I mean dear god, I simply cannot see inside the minds of people like you.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 01:54:23 pm »

My biggest problem with Shogun 2 was how small the map felt, compared to Rome Total War and Medieval 2 Total War. I felt way too closed in and trapped

Granted, Shogun 2 WAS about Japan...but it would have been a lot better if it included a lot more area, like China or something.

Hopefully Rome 2 doesn't have a tiny map like it was in Shogun 2, or I'll be skipping it. Because, it seems each Total War game after Empire, gets smaller and smaller.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:27:41 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 02:00:39 pm »

They plan on overhauling  the map system they have know (something about having provinces of recent games with multiple settlements/regions you have to take to conquer it), as well as expanding it further east than the original Rome. Still hard to tell if it'll seem bigger - I hope so.

I really wish they'll come back to the Medieval 2/Rome method of traits and character progression. I didn't much like Shogun 2's choosing-your-traits level up system. I like my generals useless and plagued by Pagan Magicians, damnit! Added more, well, character, to the characters. And pre-battle speeches based on those traits and the enemy you're facing, oh god yes. Some of them were simply gloooorious, especially stuff like Insane generals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41