Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 62123 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The next Total War game has been announced
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »

I personally liked the crappy speeches that the crappy generals would give. All your dudes would still cheer and bang on their shields.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 03:24:45 pm »

Heh, I hope they do medieval next. Finally, now I won't have to settle with inferior game play for an era I actually like!
Hello Hunam

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 04:20:08 pm »

Meh. I'd have preferred a more original setting, maybe ancient Greece (the Peloponnesian War or the Greco-Persian Wars) or China (although Koei's done that to death) or maybe the Castillian-Ummayyad struggles in Iberia.

I mean, is this all they're going to do is rotate between Japan->Rome->medieval Europe->Napoleonic->repeat?
I'll have you know... Koei needs to do more 3 Kingdoms era strategy.  Well, anyone else is welcome to it too.

Greeks would be pretty cool too.  Can't say I'm a fan of playing gunpowder era games.  Got enough of those...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 05:23:00 pm »

I am interested to see how it turns out...

gotta say I am leaning towards the pessimistic side as I felt that shogun 2 was simplified in a lot of arcade-y ways that raped the depth of the game and tossed it out the window.

If they dont simplify more shit then I cant wait!

I have been playing Total War since the very first game (Shogun) and have gotten every game so far. Rome and Medieval 2 so far seem to be the best hands down (in my opinion). I hope to be able to one day say that Rome 2 and Medieval 2 are the best.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 05:29:58 pm »

Well I was hoping theyd do this, Rome felt good but after so much shogun 2 it feels a bit too dated. Im not buying before I know it has some of the worst bugs fixed though. Start of shogun 2 was avsolutely terrible with crashing and no sounds.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 06:40:47 pm »

A new rome with shogun level graphics and possibly the new region system introduced in empire? YESH
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 07:08:18 pm »

I personally liked the crappy speeches that the crappy generals would give. All your dudes would still cheer and bang on their shields.
The Gauls must have no friends or standing among nations, at all, HE STRESSES IT SO MUCH!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »

The Gauls must have no friends or standing among nations, at all, HE STRESSES IT SO MUCH!

We're here today to, uh, fight, so uh, try not to die.
*cheers and shield banging*
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 07:31:40 pm »

My morning has been made and I am the happiest of chappies.

I mean, good god, Rome was and is fantastic, I still play it. I am so pumped right now it's ridiculous.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »

RTW was a great classic, was and still is one of the favourite TW game. (If only for its not so horrendously massive game size so I can actually play it. Others... too much space and is a wreck on my computer, ugh.)

Still, the changes and concepts they've outlined there, if it actually all works out properly, it sounds like it's going to be great. If.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:46 pm »

Wh... you... how does your world work? Are you forced to buy Rome 2? Does the first game just disappear from your hard drive when this is released? Gnngh?

Since when can one not criticize a company for making a crappy sequel to one of their favorite games?

Well, you certainly shouldn't be doing it before there's any real indication the sequel will be bad. And going by past games doesn't count unless you hated Shogun 2 in which case we exist on two different planes of reality and no accord will ever be struck.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 08:04:24 pm »

Hopefully Rome 2 doesn't have a tiny map like it was in Shogun 2, or I'll be skipping it. Because, it seems each Total War game after Empire, gets smaller and smaller.

Hey, how else could you display the map in brilliant new graphics at max settings with reasonable FPS? Not to mention you HAVE to be able to zoom in and see the worms crawling in the ground in high detail. This is the revolutionary new way of gaming!

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 09:29:08 pm »

Well, Paradox released Sengoku a few months after CA released Shogun 2. Maybe they'll put out a Europa Universalis: Rome sequel (which also may or may not be confusingly named Rome 2)  sometime next year. A double-dose of Roman strategy, catering to both the niche and the mainstream. In any case, I remain cautiously optimistic -- Shogun 2 multiplayer was quite fun. So long as this can deliver a similar experience, I'll probably enjoy it.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 10:53:17 pm »

I really hold no more hope on CA games, but I'll wait early buyers to give their impressions.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 11:16:56 pm »

err? Shogun 2 mod forums don't exactly look dead to me.

Have you actually compared these mods to the mods that exist for RTW and M2TW?  All you can do to Shogun 2 is pretty much surface changes, you can't do much.

RTW and M2TW are capable of amazing game changing mods that completely change the face of the game, new factions, new maps, the mechanics can be twisted and turned to the modder's vision. 

The modding community is what made total war epic and in my eyes and what CA should of made priority number one, but as it is they've made the vanilla games slightly better but destroyed the ability for the community to take their games and make them into masterpieces.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41