Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan going nuts  (Read 1085 times)

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
Caravan going nuts
« on: June 30, 2012, 09:23:37 am »

You'd think caravans would be accustomed to dealing with attackers, given how often people get ambushed in adventure mode.

But no, this caravan is going nuts because they lost a couple wagons before my military could scramble.  Is this typical behavior?

I mean, I can understand the dwarven merchants, but their animals get melancholic/mad/berserk because they lost their riders?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Caravan going nuts
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:22:47 am »

Any mods?

Otherwise, no. It's not exactly normal to have your merchants go crazy without being locked in a square room filled with screaming hamsters first.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 10:37:39 am »

No mods, no.  They came in, got ambushed by gobbos, lost three wagons and a  couple mules, and then the rest went mad.

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:00:46 am »

Same happened to me. Two mules went berserk but did not do anything because of those that held them fell in melancholy. So, 2 melancholic traders had 2 berserk mules on the string.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 11:15:44 am »

this happened to me in 34.07. A dwarven caravan got ambushed and mostly wiped out, one merchant went melancholic while running away

got to note that by then the squad that had attacked the caravan was wiped out by 2 of the guards. I hope they'll be looking for new jobs now.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 11:57:46 am »

Well then it appears it is normal. I've still yet to drive a merchant guard insane though.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:02:55 pm »

Well then it appears it is normal. I've still yet to drive a merchant guard insane though.

they've probably seen so much they have the tag "doesn't care about anything anymore."
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 03:00:31 pm »

Half the caravans go insane in my later forts, from ambush related death. I don't think any foreign military units have thoughts, though. They seem to just be friendly invaders, in terms of behavior.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 07:55:16 am »

An amusing aside:  Atir Ulterkol from this incident arrived as a migrant in a later fort.  He's just standing on the side of the map, as an @, in standard trader style. Though he's still stark raving mad.  Ten world-years later :V