-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)  (Read 24839 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile

You are an orphan.

But you are special.

Special in a real way.

You can use magic.

Once it was discovered you had a magical gift you were taken away from the home where you were kept, and given a place in the academy of magical studies and learning. You were taught how to control your magic this took almost five years, you are no longer the child that you were when you first came to this place, in that time you have made friends, as well as some enemies and have been preparing yourself for life once you finally leave the academy. Making plans for what you would do once you could leave, because leaving from the academy while you are training there is forbidden of course. External influences can destabilize students, and cause you to lose control of your magic.

But fate has dealt you a cruel hand it would seem. After your five years of training you had finally moved on to mastering your element you had just learnt the basics, just enough to channel your power through an item and use a basic spell. There was a power shift within the council of the empire of Tir, one of the key sources of funding for the academy. They decided to cut back on funding the academy so that they could stockpile weapons for a possible war against the empires of the grouges. The other pupils at the academy had parents, they had someone paying the academy, no matter how little it was that their family could afford. But you, you are an orphan so when it came time for them to let someone go, it was you.

You are now alone in the world. You do not know where your home was before you came here, and you do not know where to go. You have the meager amount of belongings you had earned in the academy as well as a traveling cloak and a few days worth of food. But on the plus side, you can use magic. So maybe not all hope is lost.

But wait, who are you?
Name:
Personality Traits:
Element: Don't put this in suggestions, I'll put a poll up.
Channeling item class:

ELEMENTS:

• Sacred/Light
  • Fire
  • Stone
  • Earth
  • Life
  • Water
  • Ice
  • Wind

Notes and stuff:

But what is this 'Channeling item class:'? This affects how you use our magic. What you should pick for here is a general type of item, like hammer, sword, shield, gloves, writing implement, staff, etc... If you pick hammer you can use hammers to channel your magic, this will be more powerful then most magic you can perform without channeling your power through something. They can be general so if you pick something like sword it covers all kinds of swords, if you pick rings then you can use any ring. writing implements covers pencils, quills, anything that can be written with. On that note if you pick something like writing implement then you will be casting your magic by writing with runes(making traps, enchanting weapons by writing on them, that kind of thing), if you pick hammer your magic will mainly be released through hitting things (hitting enemies for a charged up attack, hitting the ground some an AOE type thing), if you pick something like wands gloves or wrings then you will be using a sort of traditional magic thing where you do some tricks with your hands and fire comes out.

Note: I will make you you have something you can use for magic in your starting equipment so don't worry about that (although it will be really crummy).

The rules for picking an item class are basically:
Don't pick something to broad (that is overpowered).
Pick something interesting, I don't want to have to write an adventure about Urist Mc adventurer and his magic bricks (although I guess bricks could be interesting, but you know what I mean).

Off topic-y stuff:

First of all yes, this is going to happen in the same universe that Necromatic Arts did.

Bad news: I've lost all my data. This means that all my previous adventures will likely never be updated unless I am really inspired and redraw everything for them. I made this adventure in the same universe as the Necromatic Arts so that if you really want you can try and track down Mayard and say hi/kill him and take his money.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:18:02 pm by Evil Lincoln »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Magic Quest! (I swear I will get a better title)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:30:03 am »

Name: Danica Pure-Spring, Holy Warrior
Favorite Colour: Gold
Personality Traits: Kind, Ambitious, Righteous
Element: Sacred/Light (Or whatever the poll goes for)
Channeling item class: Sacred Gauntlet

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:47:51 am »

Name: Alara Zephyr
Favorite Colour: Gilded Silver
Personality Traits: Adventurous, Risk-taker, Analytical, Open-minded, Intrapersonal, Passionate
Element: For the Poll! {Preferring Wind :3}
Channeling item class: Finger-less Gloves!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:58:21 am »

Name: Dorian Stills
Favorite Colour: Red
Personality Traits: Passionate, Observant and Caring.
Element: Roll it baby.
Channeling item class: Daggers

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:49 am »

Personality Traits: Adventurous, Risk-taker, Analytical, Open-minded, Intrapersonal, Passionate
+1 to this

And we should pick an element that we can use in not only battle but in other more useful ways too. Stone or life could make shelter out of rock or plants, fire can melt and shape metal and glass, water can carve rock and keep us hydrated in deserts when we draw it from underground as well as making sea traveling easier, wind could make us extremely useful for sailing boats and mills, etc.

I personally am going for stone, since that seems useful and a bit of a new choice from people who like to take stuff like fire or light and such. IT'S TIME TO ROCK!!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 11:18:09 am »

+1 to this

And we should pick an element that we can use in not only battle but in other more useful ways too. Stone or life could make shelter out of rock or plants, fire can melt and shape metal and glass, water can carve rock and keep us hydrated in deserts when we draw it from underground as well as making sea traveling easier, wind could make us extremely useful for sailing boats and mills, etc.

I personally am going for stone, since that seems useful and a bit of a new choice from people who like to take stuff like fire or light and such. IT'S TIME TO ROCK!!
I would plus one this, but i am more for writing than for gloves in spicific. Yes, it calls for a bit of preplanning, but, we can make spells for any situation as long as we have a medium and writing material. Actually, i think it should be written words, than just righting utincles, so we can write in dirt and have what we need to work with.
On that note, i am also for the plant element because, there is nearly no situation where it will not help.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:19:21 am »

+1 to this

I would plus one this, but i am more for writing than for gloves in spicific. Yes, it calls for a bit of preplanning, but, we can make spells for any situation as long as we have a medium and writing material. Actually, i think it should be written words, than just righting utincles, so we can write in dirt and have what we need to work with.
On that note, i am also for the plant element because, there is nearly no situation where it will not help.
+1 again to this. I don't know about the item now, both sound fun...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 11:25:39 am »

+1 to writing, because storing spells is handy.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 11:30:42 am »

Also, a thing that just occurred to me: metal is stone, but more refined in nature. If we control stone, we can control metal, and you know how much we humans love to use metal...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 11:34:04 am »

Thirdfourthfifth'd :P

I'd actually only change one thing. I'd say we not have a channeling item-reducing our reliance on items, making our spells harder to cast, but making our concentration and spellpower stronger because we don't need a crutch.

Does anyone else like that idea?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 11:52:02 am »

I could get behind this but fingerless gloves is kind of silly.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 11:53:19 am »

I could get behind this but fingerless gloves is kind of silly.
I think someone read Full Metal Alchimist a bit too much. Anyway, plussed.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 01:18:05 pm »

Writing Implement.

I voted air. Hopefully, enchanting with air magic will let us eventually fly.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 05:52:05 pm »

You guys are all proposing boring, obvious items! It should be something like a plough, or spectacles, or a screwdriver, or shoes.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 06:09:29 pm »

+1 to Stone and Gloves.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12