Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Torn Cartilage-Problem?  (Read 2491 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Torn Cartilage-Problem?
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:00:28 am »

I recently danger roomed a couple of dwarves, and some of them got their ears broken. Will they infect? What can I do about it? Will I need to mod? If so, what? Please help!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Cartilage-Problem?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 11:25:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry; that's what yer post sounded like in my head =P  They have a good chance of getting infected eventually if they get coated in contaminants (like Dwarves do) and you don't have any proper cleaning facilities, i.e. soap and a well with clean water. Neither of those are too difficult to procure, so it's not hard to fix. Also, I think DFHack has an autoheal function now? Not sure on that actually; been a while since I've used it. Worth checking out though.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 11:26:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry; that's what yer post sounded like in my head =P  They have a good chance of getting infected eventually if they get coated in contaminants (like Dwarves do) and you don't have any proper cleaning facilities, i.e. soap and a well with clean water. Neither of those are too difficult to procure, so it's not hard to fix. Also, I think DFHack has an autoheal function now? Not sure on that actually; been a while since I've used it. Worth checking out though.

That made me double over in laughter.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:45:39 am »

Find some way to KO your Dwarves so that your medical Dwarves can practice medicine.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 12:08:20 pm »

Make soap, make a well, make a hospital.

OR

use "clean all" in dfhack (unless you're playing 34.11 dfhack isn't out yet). This won't heal anyone, but it will decontaminate the entire map.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 12:13:36 pm »

DFHack is out for 34.11 and has been for a while.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 02:38:16 pm »

Make soap, make a well, make a hospital.

OR

use "clean all" in dfhack (unless you're playing 34.11 dfhack isn't out yet). This won't heal anyone, but it will decontaminate the entire map.
I was thinking more, "Will I have to put them in the drop pit so they will seek medical attention?", but thanks for your answers anyway.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:49:46 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?