Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I fix the issues with the Spawn dying from decapitation and/or being crippled by broken spines? !!Note that this will make the Spawn much harder to combat!!

Yes -- in fact, the Spawn are too easy right now, and this is exactly what they need.
- 0 (0%)
Yes, but weaken them in other areas to compensate.
- 0 (0%)
Yes, but only fix fatal decapitations.
- 4 (66.7%)
Yes, but only fix spinal damage.
- 1 (16.7%)
No, they're fine as-is. It doesn't bother me much.
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Spawn of Holistic, and other stuff I modded (UPDATED 10/21/13)  (Read 33807 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

This is intended as a general repository for any mods I make that I deem worthy of shitting up other peoples' raw/ folders. Feel free to report malfunctions, balancing issues, and other disappointments.

Mods for Version 34x:

Spawn of Holistic: The Detective's children rise again! (Now with Greater Spawn!)

Maej: A new species playable in Fortress Mode. Most notable feature is the restriction of labours and positions by caste. Still needs balancing.

Banshees: A new hostile race for Fortress Mode. Can harm dwarves through walls, making turtling a very bad idea. Untested, so expect weirdness.

Mods for Version 40x:

Trash Golems: A new semimegabeast for Fortress Mode. Spews poison everywhere.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:37:22 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Holistic, and other stuff I modded
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:32:19 pm »

Now to find my desktop.....

yay isint moving !!FUN!!? ::)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 06:29:28 am »

Its like adding a Nightmare Difficulty setting to the game.  :P

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 12:35:32 pm »

Yeah, you really have to haul ass with the defenses if you don't want to get shredded. I'd make the Spawn arrive later if I didn't find the mad dash to get an effective military set up so perversely enjoyable.

I think I should also mention that Spawn are immune to death by magma. They do burn, but that just makes them more deadly.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:45:43 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:11:34 pm »

we must start a fortress on this.
and i know about Spearbreakers, but we might PLAN this one a bit.

also, WHERE I PUT THE FILES?!>!>!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:07:33 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 09:01:26 pm »

Ahh... Holistic Spawn... You Killed Sirocco you evil beasts! How FUN.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 09:29:49 am »

i like your quote.
and yes, FUN.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 12:59:50 pm »

i like your quote.
and yes, FUN.
Which quote? I like them all, but that's just me. I agree that our Holy Book (the in-game guide) should be followed... So yes. !!FUN!!

Also, having paused DF to anticipate the update, how much of a nightmare do these Holistics make the dwarves fort?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:02:26 pm by Revanchist »
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 03:40:23 pm »

Well, there's additional info in the link, but here's a rundown:
  • Spawn do not bleed nor breathe and their brains don't do anything. They only die when their hearts are destroyed, they are chopped in half, or (due to an oversight) they are beheaded.
  • Spawn don't feel pain.
  • Due to their lack of bleeding and obsidian hearts, immersion in magma does next to nothing to Spawn. I think it does slow them down due to their legs being injured, but it has the nasty side-effect of lighting them on fire virtually-forever (I'm considering making them flat-out fireproof, as there really isn't any way to combat that when it happens).
  • Spawn have TRAPAVOID and LOCKPICKER (BUILDINGDESTROYER led to pathing errors, sadly), so most passive defense methods don't work.
  • Spawn have no weapons, but they can bite through armour with frightening efficiency due to natural skill and force multipliers.
  • Spawn begin to attack roughly at the same time as goblins.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 07:01:35 pm »

• Spawn do not bleed nor breathe and their brains don't do anything. They only die when their hearts are destroyed, they are chopped in half, or (due to an oversight) they are beheaded.
  • Spawn don't feel pain.
  • Due to their lack of bleeding and obsidian hearts, immersion in magma does next to nothing to Spawn. I think it does slow them down due to their legs being injured, but it has the nasty side-effect of lighting them on fire virtually-forever (I'm considering making them flat-out fireproof, as there really isn't any way to combat that when it happens).
  • Spawn have TRAPAVOID and LOCKPICKER (BUILDINGDESTROYER led to pathing errors, sadly), so most passive defense methods don't work.
  • Spawn have no weapons, but they can bite through armour with frightening efficiency due to natural skill and force multipliers.
  • Spawn begin to attack roughly at the same time as goblins.

Quick Question. Are you sane? That's far worse than anything I would do to my poor dwarves. Those things are Ragnarok proofed!
My closing comment: I shall now turn attempt to use one as an adventurer. Kudos on the strange mood.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 07:04:20 pm »

Watching, because I always wanted the Spawn in my games :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 09:20:56 pm »

• Spawn do not bleed nor breathe and their brains don't do anything...
The brains-not-working bit sounds like normal dwarves.

Weren't these things in...Syrupleaf, I think?[/list]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 09:22:21 pm »

• Spawn do not bleed nor breathe and their brains don't do anything...
The brains-not-working bit sounds like normal dwarves.

Weren't these things in...Syrupleaf, I think?[/list]

They were first introduced to DF in Syrupleaf. Then the raws got lost when megaupload died I think, then Mr. Frog recreated them.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 04:00:10 am »

@Revan:

Ragnarok-proofed, they are XD  Although, these are used in a succession game that is now at Year 7 (I think?) and I personally managed to build a stable fort during testing without even having to turtle much, so they *can* be weathered.

Honestly, I give 80% of the credit to SA for coming up with the concept; all I really did was translate it to .34xx and add a SPECIAL SURPRISE in a brief fit of gleeful malice.

@Corai:

Mr. Frog

8D You're now on my list. The Fun one.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 02:03:32 pm »

so where do we put the files? in data?
i can probaly figure it out
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6