Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I fix the issues with the Spawn dying from decapitation and/or being crippled by broken spines? !!Note that this will make the Spawn much harder to combat!!

Yes -- in fact, the Spawn are too easy right now, and this is exactly what they need.
- 0 (0%)
Yes, but weaken them in other areas to compensate.
- 0 (0%)
Yes, but only fix fatal decapitations.
- 4 (66.7%)
Yes, but only fix spinal damage.
- 1 (16.7%)
No, they're fine as-is. It doesn't bother me much.
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Spawn of Holistic, and other stuff I modded (UPDATED 10/21/13)  (Read 33855 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Spawn of Holistic, and other stuff I modded
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »

I do have a probably less awesomely written version of the spawn in my mod. Would it be ok if I add yours instead,and make them an entity ? Either aboveground or cavern race that can do invasions/ambushes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 08:21:26 pm »

@Asea:

In your DF folder, there's a folder called "raw". Inside that folder, there's another one called "objects" with an assload of .txt files inside. Put the files there. I tend to make my mods so that you can just drop the files in and play, so you don't have to actually change any existing raws. (NOTE: I can't actually remember the names of the relevant folders without my DF directory in front of me. Yes, this is sad. No, you should not be surprised if I just unwittingly sent you on a goose chase.)

@Meph:

As long as you give credit, you can do anything you like with any of my mods. Print the raws on a wedding cake, if you like.

My Spawn already have their own entity file, though you could probably transplant the creature def into another without much trouble (I'm sorry if I misunderstood you here; it sounds like you have your own entity def that you want to use them with, but I'm a bit blurmy right now).

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between yours and mine?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 08:27:06 pm »

Mr Frog, if you could make the demons into the Greater Spawn, you will have my heart forevermore.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 08:31:40 pm »

Mr Frog, if you could make the demons into the Greater Spawn, you will have my heart forevermore.

Careful what you're pledging, there 8]

Still, I suppose I now have a project for the next couple days.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 10:47:00 pm »

You'll all likely be pleased to know both that I managed to get Greater Spawn both to appear in the Circus and participate in the Parade and that the GS were apparently capable of using their EXTRA-SPECIAL SURPRISE on dwarves even before Hell was breached. Unfortunately, the latter had to be worked around for the sake of playability, so the EXTRA-SPECIAL SURPRISE is now more of a SLIGHTLY-SPECIAL SURPRISE.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 11:27:51 pm »

Truly, you are Vox Nihili's successor, Frog.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 01:03:31 pm »

whats the extra special surprise then?
also, dose this mean that i have to download this ANOTHER TIME?!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 01:54:07 pm »

I dont know the exact difference. The raws I have I got from a succession game OP, and I havent compared them to yours. I dont mod currently, just checking the forum.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 03:08:58 pm »

Greater Spawn are now working in full capacity and pretty much just need to be balanced. I've never successfully opened the Circus before, so I'm not really sure what sort of threat level I'm going for. Some input here would be greatly appreciated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 03:33:20 pm »

Custom demons will only spawn in the first wave if they are flyers. Otherwise you have to defeat the first wave, and they will show up as wildlife on the map borders.

Since demons are generated, you can have anything from one-hit-dead stuff made of salt, ash and similar stupid things, but also deadly-poisinous-centipedes... hit or miss.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 03:54:27 pm »

Yikes.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 06:41:36 pm »

Yeah, I kind of realized about the flying thing... which is why Greater Spawn now have leathery wings. A necessary deviation, I'm afraid.

They're at least theoretically killable, though they hit even harder than normal Spawn (due to increased strength, force multipliers, natural skill, and claw/tooth sharpness) and their EXTRA-SPECIAL SURPRISE can cause nastiness if you get enough attacking at once (which is pretty much all the time), though it has the potential to backfire on them. They're also harder to kill, due to not dying from decapitation and not suffering from spinal damage (not sure whether to apply these fixes to normal Spawn).
Notably, Greater Spawn are vulnerable to atomsmashing, due to being the same size as a dwarf.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 07:48:44 pm »

YAY!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 09:59:04 pm »

IIRC the original Greater Spawn were tough enough that two legendary-in-all-skills-wearing-adamantine dwarves went down very quickly.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 01:31:10 am »

Hmm, so I guess 'theoretically-killable' is enough. As it stands, direct dwarf-on-GS combat invariably ends in defeat for the dwarves unless the GS are very few in number* (which is extremely-unlikely to occur in actual play), but I'm sure solutions will be found by sufficiently-determined players.

I'm going to keep them for a bit in case I have any more brainwaves, but I think it'd behoove you:
you will have my heart forevermore
to get that Ξobsidian daggerΞ ready 8D

*Offhand Note: Due to the way the EXTRA-SPECIAL SURPRISE works, the fight actually becomes exponentially more dangerous as the scale increases. A team of 40 dwarves facing 10 GS is actually in about 10x more danger of being EXTRA-SURPRISED than a team of 8 dwarves facing 2 GS. Don't worry; I've already come up with a (somewhat-kludgy, though pretty seamless on an aesthetic level) fix for this.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6