Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yay, Killed Me First Vampire.  (Read 7878 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Yay, Killed Me First Vampire.
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:16:14 pm »

It only took starting as a Demigod, and having two crossbow companions.

Discuss at how much a noob i am.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yay, Killed Me First Vampire.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:17:41 pm »

I dont see why everyone makes a fuss about vampires. They are pathetic combatants. Unless they get a lucky hit with a carving knife or something they cant even fight back.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:21:15 pm »

I dont see why everyone makes a fuss about vampires. They are pathetic combatants. Unless they get a lucky hit with a carving knife or something they cant even fight back.
It's the hype. Vampires are supposed to be awesome, nonsparkly, killing machines. And barring some mods like Fear The Night, they just aren't that way.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:34:30 pm »

It's the hype. Vampires are supposed to be awesome, nonsparkly, killing machines. And barring some mods like Fear The Night, they just aren't that way.

About the only time this is true is when you go 1 on 1 with them. That doesn't happen too much.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

dtrover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:20:06 pm »

ive found it really depends on who the vampire is i fought a lasher who was a vampire last night and he was insanely hard but then i fought a lord who was a vampire and he went down on the first round

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:39:14 pm »

The only problem they pose is their carving knives. Lop off the hand holding that and youre golden.

Now mummies. Mummies will rape you. You can be a legendary ambusher for all I care and the guy will home in on you like a laser guided rocket of undeath and follow you until he spots and then he curses you and its game over.

Soldier mummies, are inmortal gods of death and vengeance whos iron breastplate and helm can deflect nukes and have an army of multicriting machines in the form of their mutilated limbs. And even if you cut their limbs off and drag the mummy far enough away from their limbs so that its just you and a torso, a single bite from it will destroy you.

So yeah, mummies.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 10:47:25 pm »

There aren't many reasons to fear a vampire in adventure mode.  There are, however, many reasons to become one.  Undead will no longer attack you, including mummies, so you can raid tombs and towers with impunity.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 10:58:18 pm »

The only problem they pose is their carving knives. Lop off the hand holding that and youre golden.

Now mummies. Mummies will rape you. You can be a legendary ambusher for all I care and the guy will home in on you like a laser guided rocket of undeath and follow you until he spots and then he curses you and its game over.

Soldier mummies, are inmortal gods of death and vengeance whos iron breastplate and helm can deflect nukes and have an army of multicriting machines in the form of their mutilated limbs. And even if you cut their limbs off and drag the mummy far enough away from their limbs so that its just you and a torso, a single bite from it will destroy you.

So yeah, mummies.
Here's how you do it. NOTE: this was the only time it worked for me, so it might not be the norm
1)attack a mummy
2)black out due to pain
3)be paralyzed while blacked out
4)recover
5)decapatate the mummy with a sword throw of justice
6)PROFIT!
But on a less off-topic note, vampires are usually easy to kill. As long as you have one other military person or a lor of civilians in the room you should be fine. The first time I fought a vampire, there was just one peasant in the room, and we both we killed.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 12:03:55 am »

I've had vampires that were easy...walk up, slash slash slah. done.
and if you have a peasant mob you literally won't have to lift a finger.

But 1 on 1 I've had some rough fights. Boning knife to the skull or spine ended me a few times. They tend to have those and be fast and strong, so if the RNG doesn't like you for a few minutes they can mess you up.

A recent memorable one was a naked female human vampire in her lair. It was not sexy times. I was legendary ambusher and she saw me coming. I had full iron armor + leather cloaks and her punches broke bones. The scratched out both my ears and bit out my tounge. AND CHEWED OUT MY EYE. Master Swordsman and LEgendary Fighter and I could barely hit her as she methodically ate my face off while I was still breathing.

I finally managd to chip a bone or something which lead to an opening for a decap. But that one was hella scary, and my adventurer bears the scars...
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 04:17:41 am »

So yeah, mummies.

That sir is going directly in my signature.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 05:10:18 am »

I've never really found that much of a problem with vampires. They generally end up being my training dummies for weapons, because you can stab them in the upper body without worrying about them suffocating, it's great!

Bearing in mind, I'm usually a legendary dodger and shield-user by the time I start taking on quests...

But yeah, I agree about mummies. The first mummy I came across I abandoned my swordsman companion to it in a tomb. I felt no shame. The second mummy I met I tried to kill. That went really well actually. I didn't get killed by the mummy, but the OMG MOB OF UNDEAD SURROUNDING ME!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 04:05:26 pm »

I have the feigning suspicion that the OP might be a troll.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 04:13:53 pm »

Completely missed the part where OP wanted to be self berating.

Ah well OP, you're not doing badly if you're killing creatures of the night already. Baby steps make for long walks to the moon.

I'm pretty certain I've butchered that quote, but eh, what can you say.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 04:58:20 pm »

Im not so much trolling, im more sharing the fact that i killed my first non-docile creature without it killing me back.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 11:39:26 am »

Im not so much trolling, im more sharing the fact that i killed my first non-docile creature without it killing me back.

Sorry bro :D. I'm convinced you aren't now.
Pages: [1] 2