Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Hill Of Rites ☼MASTERWORK☼ mod succession fort  (Read 28189 times)

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ mod succesion fort
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 10:13:56 am »

What kind of site it is? Biome? Neighbooring civs? Fortress defense options?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 10:56:02 am »

Well we have arrived. After many days of ardous travel, we had reached our destination. We had arrived at The Hill Of Rites, an area rumoured to be rich in mineral wealth.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From the lot i've been thrown in with, I know that someone up high knows something that we dont... Theres something more to this place.. More than just the sweltering heat and sparse landscape. Whatever it is... I dont like it. I feel we've been given too much equipment (not that im complaining!). The presence of the concubines seems like some sortof last rights ritual - almost like we're being comforted before our deaths... Maybe i'm just being paranoid. Anyway, time to get to work and dig out a hole in the ground to call home, and get our supplies underground. - Granite 2
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:49:16 am by Godlysockpuppet »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:51 am »

those cute little cave beetles are either REAAAAALLY slow when it comes to reproduction, or they are all steril. Maybe a bug involving Toys/Tools? :D

Looks like it's missing it's CHILD tag and therefore sterile. 

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 11:25:26 am »

Please write bug reports on the masterwork thread page :D Thanks 8)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 12:15:29 pm »

Hey Meph... The strangest thing's after coming up. I've just had my first.. Invader? A message appeared stating "Dheb Sebain" A necromancer witch has arrived, after being detected by a roaming cat, (It was in ambush) and when I considered killed her, I realised she was friendly. Also, who arrives in summer of the first year?

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 12:29:58 pm »

Off to a good start, I see :D

Also, can I ask you to make "official updates" more obvious? And perhaps link to them in the first page?
This way we can keep this tidy and ordered :)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 12:51:04 pm »

By link them to the first, do you mean include a link that links to my posts in the original first post, or do you mean actually write the updates in the first post? I'm not so good with my organisational skills... It's just if I write them in the official first post won't it become really bulky and overly-large?  :-\

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 01:35:02 pm »

Use spoilers, let us send our stuff to you and then include it in the first post. Thats how i would make it.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 02:15:23 pm »

I dont know how... But i did not think of that  ::) this is the most interesting fort ive ever had. Just a moment ago (spoiler ahead)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:13:16 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 02:48:02 pm »

Use spoilers, let us send our stuff to you and then include it in the first post. Thats how i would make it.

suggest that you use links, most likely the forum has a character-per-post limit

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 02:52:32 pm »

suggest that you use links, most likely the forum has a character-per-post limit
Link to what though? I don't think I can link to a particular post, just a page on a thread. Do we need to look outside the bay12 forums to post? Or what? How are we gonna do this? :-\ (I'm so confused!!) ;)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 04:10:44 pm »

Every post has a little header that looks like this

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:52:32 pm »

If you right-click on the first line and hit "copy link address" you'll get the address for a specific post, which you could just paste in
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=112644.msg3425585#msg3425585

But you can change the text if you do it like this
Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=112644.msg3425585#msg3425585]your text goes here[/url]your text goes here

If this is helpful to you, great :) ... but do whatever you're comfortable with, it's your thread!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:17:31 pm by smakemupagus »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 04:47:40 pm »

I think I'll try that then :) Thanks for the advice. I've got loads little notes I made throughout my play. Just finished now (The year isn't even fully over, so Twisted, who's next, gets to finish mine and play his go) I'll just upload it and give a link. I'll write the stories over the next few days and post them. Very interesting year so i've loads to write about! P.S. Each "play" is 1 game year. (i.e. ends at the beginning of Spring each year) Goodluck guys! Just some notes; The bedrooms need to be expanded, we need more coal, and stone and I just ran out of fuel and our forges are now running indefinatley without fuel.. they may last a little longer so I advise exploratory mining (I've already found some coal veins, but used them all) Also we've a good Archer squad who need a barracks, and equipment as they're mostly unequiped (although we do have an elite marksdwarf, who arrived as a talented crossbowdwarf, who's now a badass). Also the 2nd space for the melee squad is set up for a macedwarf if anyone feels like using it as a template. I have 2 steel bars for use in weapons/armor, i've just constructed an armory too to start upgrading armor. There's plenty of gold bars to be used for furniture or whatnot. Maybe make a few bar stockpiles as they're just sitting in the smelters. The Dwarven traders are still here, but they're leaving very soon and theres already some goods at the trade depot if you see something you want to trade for. Also some xen infectors have infectors have just enetered the maps, and I can tell you from experience they're nasty bastards who like to invade your fort and eat your dwarves  :P In other words try to either take em out at range or avoid them altogether. Lastly (Yes I know this is long winded) we need more offices, and i've only been arsed to furnish one, even though we have several spaces where they can be located. Bye for now!!

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 04:48:03 pm »

Allow me to suggest this as a template:

It's one of the best/most hilarious succession forts to read through

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64258.0

As you can see on the first three post (can be put together in 1), there is an introduction to the game, and then a list of played turns with links to the specific posts/updates made by the guy whose turn is. This way it's very easy for someone to start from the beginning and it keeps everything organized.

(btw, I am sure you have done so, but if you haven't - Boatmurdered, Battlefailed and Failcannon are must reads :D )

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 05:18:14 pm »

Haha the opening on that's pretty good :) I'll have to update this abit better. It's late now so I might wait till morning. Anyway here's the link to the fort: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6616 remember Don't die Have fun!  8)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12