Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: keeping adamantine out of the hospital  (Read 10032 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: keeping adamantine out of the hospital
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 08:39:22 am »

I take the "no coffers / bags built in the hospital zone" route.  Which means you need to setup the following stockpiles within the hospital area.

- Finished Goods, splints & crutches, 3-8 tiles
- Cloth - Thread (plant-based), only 2-3 tiles worth
- Cloth - Cloth (plant-based), only 2-4 tiles worth
- Bars - Soap, no containers, 4-12 tiles worth, usually in a room next to the well
- Furniture, Wood Buckets, 4-12 tiles worth, again near the well
- Gypsum plaster/powder

But I'm not sure how to specify a stockpile for the gypsum powder and it always seems to end up in my cloth/silk/leather furniture bag stockpiles instead.
You are forgetting bins.  The splint/crutch stockpile only needs one tile with a bin. Same for Cloth, Thread and Bars. Thats four tiles plus the bucket and plaster storage.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 08:44:57 am »

But I'm not sure how to specify a stockpile for the gypsum powder and it always seems to end up in my cloth/silk/leather furniture bag stockpiles instead.

Have you checked if there's an entry under the type category for finished goods or maybe furniture? I remember sand bags can be set under furniture... Well, the wiki says gypsum plaster is listed under stones (dwarven logic!), so try that.

Was also about to say the same about the cloth etc. stockpiles not needing so much space with bins, but on the other hand it could be nice to see what you're low on, without using loo(k). The question is, if you don't use actual hospital storage, does it still split up eg. 1 piece of cloth into the "hospital units" and remember how many are left, or is the wastage from using 1 whole piece of cloth per bandage etc. something you just have to live with?

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 01:49:32 pm »

I dislike 1x1 stockpiles, because the dwarves always place an empty barrel/bin there and makes it hard to see at a glance how much you might have.  Which is why I always have 1x2 up to 1x4 stockpiles for the things, even with bins.

Creating a stone stockpile that accepts gypsum will not result in Gypsum Plaster bags ending up in the stockpile like you want.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 01:51:33 pm »

Figure out which stockpile holds gypsum then create one and dump a bunch of plaster in it if it's the correct stockpile they shouldn't move it.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 02:52:28 pm »

Figure out which stockpile holds gypsum then create one and dump a bunch of plaster in it if it's the correct stockpile they shouldn't move it.

This. I didn't find gypsum plaster (bags) under the types in furniture, or under any of the stone categories. It possible/probable that gypsum plaster is stored in stone stockpiles, but not available as a setting in there, in which case you could enable stone but forbid all categories. Or permit all categories, but toggle off all the stones (probably the most certain option, assuming it indeed doesn't count as gypsum itself). Or find the right category, permit only that, but with all the stones off... you get the idea.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 03:22:42 pm »

Rereading this thread, for some reason I want to say, "Did you check the bar/block stockpile settings?"
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 06:11:04 am »

This. I didn't find gypsum plaster (bags) under the types in furniture, or under any of the stone categories. It possible/probable that gypsum plaster is stored in stone stockpiles, but not available as a setting in there, in which case you could enable stone but forbid all categories. Or permit all categories, but toggle off all the stones (probably the most certain option, assuming it indeed doesn't count as gypsum itself). Or find the right category, permit only that, but with all the stones off... you get the idea.
Gypsum powder bags are actually stored in furniture stockpiles. However, I don't know the exact settings to turn off gypsum powder storage in those stockpiles yet.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

L3TUC3

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:common green]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 06:40:27 am »

Gypsum powder bags are actually stored in furniture stockpiles. However, I don't know the exact settings to turn off gypsum powder storage in those stockpiles yet.

It's stuck under bags/boxes. I usually have excess plaster through embark/trade and it always ends up in a stockpile just for bags near my querns and farmer workshops. It's pretty annoying.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 08:35:57 am »

It's stuck under bags/boxes. I usually have excess plaster through embark/trade and it always ends up in a stockpile just for bags near my querns and farmer workshops. It's pretty annoying.

Ok, so make a bags/boxes stockpile in your hospital that only takes from links, and whenever you want to add plaster to it, dump the bags there and unforbid them. Clunky, but works.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2012, 12:13:47 pm »

If gypsum powder bags get stored in the furniture stockpile but you can't see the option, then a blanket enable followed by manual disabling of everything you can see should flag the stockpile correctly. It's a minor bug that crops up across versions, with something different each time.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]