Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm trying to create a syndrome to transform the blood of a creature in acid  (Read 1262 times)

igorgitirana

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBiker
    • View Profile

Sorry about my bad english  :o...

So I'm trying to create a syndrome to transform the blood of a creature in acid (equal to an xenomorph):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The results are quite satisfactory in the first part of the syndrome ([SYN_CONTACT]), however, how can I do to make in fatal injuries the ingestion of this blood? Because in the part: [SYN_INGESTED], the guts of the creature that drank the blood rots, but does not result in death or causes pain or anything ... :/

Thanks for the help ...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:59:23 pm by igorgitirana »
Sorry, I do not speak English well. T.T

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

If you are looking for a fatal syndrome then just add an IMPAIR_FUNCTION onto the lungs. That will kill most creatures. Alternatively rot away their nervous system, since that kills as well.

Sadly right now the whole rotting system is kinda bugged, so you will run into things like this from time to time. The best thing to do is just add in the fatal syndrome on top of the rotting as a placeholder until rotting damage gets fixed.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

igorgitirana

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBiker
    • View Profile

If you are looking for a fatal syndrome then just add an IMPAIR_FUNCTION onto the lungs. That will kill most creatures. Alternatively rot away their nervous system, since that kills as well.

Sadly right now the whole rotting system is kinda bugged, so you will run into things like this from time to time. The best thing to do is just add in the fatal syndrome on top of the rotting as a placeholder until rotting damage gets fixed.

Thank you so much, it helped me a lot, well, while I expect this bug being fixed I will follow your advice :) Thanks again
Sorry, I do not speak English well. T.T