Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wake: Sequence 1 [locked]  (Read 1256 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wake: Sequence 1 [locked]
« on: July 06, 2012, 09:11:05 pm »

Wake

Conscience > Ah, there you are.

Patient > Where am I?

Conscience > Don’t fret, I’ll tell you all about it soon enough, here take this bag.

Patient > What for?

Conscience > In case you vomit, here’s the thing, your dead.

Patient > Dead?

Conscience > Yes, you died in your sleep, you’re going to a special place now.

Patient > Heaven?

Conscience > You’ll see.

What is Wake?

If I did my job properly your probably wondering what this is all about. Wake takes place in an ethereal and fantastic landscape where nothing is as it seems, do you have what it takes to navigate a vast complex world and unravel the conspiracy holding it together? Well I guess we’re about to find out.

This is a suggestion adventure, however those who invest into an individual will have their suggestions preferred above other suggestions, the idea being that a player can have their own avatar but I, the GM retain control and inactivity isn't a problem, if you have plans for a character I'd suggest sending me a PM. No mechanics or dice rolls are involved in this game, the outcome of any given scenario rests entirely on my intuition and whilst your free to challenge this if you think something is unfair you best have a good point if you want to get anywhere.

Alright, hope we can all have a good time! :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:03:00 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wake: Sequence 1 [just started]
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:11:29 pm »

Charachters

Weevil
I died 3 years ago and have since not had a moment of peace, it seems there's three constants in Purgatory, or at least I think that's where I am. Myself, I've been stuck like this a god awful while, a lumbering insect, I think I must have been a thief in a past life to deserve it. Second of all is my companion Puss, not once has he left my side, he told me once that me he was to be my guardian and mouthpiece with which to communicate. The third thing is trains, seriously, flying trains, trains fit for a king, trains that couldn't possibly seem to work, once I even saw the dismembered jaw of a snake used as a carriage. Everything else is a forsaken mess of paradoxes and riddes I can make neither heads or tails of. Me and Puss get by though, mercenaries, thieves, labourers, whatever it takes to survive, might be a while before I reach heaven.
Al
Separated from his mother at birth Al has never been entirely sure of himself or his surroundings, he has spent all his life thus far on the desolate world known as Ouroboros, encompassed by a megalithic structure built from white sandstone the place has always had an eeriness to it. Had Al known the word dystopian that would be the one he'd pick to describe his home. One could not help but be in a dreamlike stance as they wandered through the gargantuan halls and long corridors which seemed to stretch to infinity. The soundscape of Ouroboros had a thickness to it, almost like fog, every sound that travelled across the surface sounded deep and tangible, almost as though one could stroke the sound as it flowed like a river.

Al wandered, sometimes with others, sometimes besides himself but when he had company his companions were different to him, alien looking, they were taller with small heads upon which small eyes were set deeply into, they had small hands and small bellies but stood almost twice as tall as Al, they were lithe, not cumbersome like him and talked very fast in a high pitched voice without making a great amount of sense if any. But he got along with them, they would come and go and so would he.

Additional characters will be added as time progresses, this post will be updated when required.
Also if you'd like crisper, larger images of the characters feel free to PM me as I've got them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:41:16 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 09:11:53 pm »

Plot Synopsis

Sequence List

Sequence 1
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:26:22 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 09:12:29 pm »

Sequence 1

Weevil
Crouching behind the thick underbrush Weevil watched the freight train roll by, the rails screeched under the pressure of the iron bemmoth, sparks igniting under each of its heavy wheels, almost a minute and a dozen carriages later Wevil felt his attention waning though a tickling claw soon made him tense up again "Look, there it is!" hissed Puss signalling with a paw. He was of course pointing to the silver carriage "A beauty like that and we can go up in the world! Start getting somewhere!" as the prize drifted closer the feline companion jumped onto Weevil's back and started the countdown "Ok, on 3.... 2.... 1.... GO!".

The vane dissipated immediately, it's mist form turned to nothing more than strands of vapour as a black crested tank of armour leapt through her and into the train compartment in a wild frenzy, it's weapon swatted to one side clanged loudly. The other vane was faster to respond and quickly lowered her weapon cackling menacingly, a tall humanoid made of mist and driven to her chosen profession as a fighter like most other vanes presumably by a mixture of evil and frustration that whilst alive nobody had ever offered them the cup of tea they felt they always deserved, that is of course, if they ever were alive.

The cat and the weevil began circling the manic being as it twisted this way and that recklessly manoeuvring its halberd in circles gouging long scratch marks onto the glide surface of the carriage interior, a quick swing that was easily dodged opened up an opportunity for the feline, jumping up into the air Puss's claws hardened to a material resembling steel as they cleaved through the mist creature, which like the other vanished into thin air. Puss landed and sheathed his claws with a satisfied purr, Weevil in turn let loose a war cry "Kata chaka chaka!".

The pair shared a glance and soon proceeded to the next part of the plan, Puss edged himself out the door ever so slightly and shimmied along the edge until he reached the manacle which held the carriage to the rest of the train, bringing out his claws once more he started attacking the lines of golden thread which slowly began parting though a sudden jerk almost sent Puss careening of the train, he regained his balance and leapt to the roof of the train to get a look at what was happening. A dozen vanes stood between him and a middle aged man with a bowler hat, bespoke umbrella and a billowing leather cloak.

The man jerked his hand to the right, lo and behold so did the track, physically uprooting itself from the ground the train changed it's course and began its ascension into the sky with more track assembling in front of the engine, crouching low and baring his teeth Puss stood his ground until a lightning bolt streamed past him, the man in the bowler hat smiled, his charred hand already healing as the vanes approached Puss who now looked slightly shaken up.

What should Puss and Weevil do? Attempt to flee? Or stand their ground and fight? If so how?

Al
Al trundled on alone wheezing slightly and glanced around. The open ceiling let in an abundance of harsh light; it'd been a while since he'd seen the sky and so he sat for a while and watched the clouds drift by as they flickered in and out of existence like static on an old television. Of course Al had no understanding of what a television was but netherless was reminded of some concept he felt he should have been familiar with. Brushing his hand slightly above the hard stone surface he focused and raising his hand created a short ridge which ran on a good five meters in each direction and was about two foot high much to his delight.

The sound of footsteps broke his solace and the ridge disappeared, sinking back into the floor. Al quickly picked himself up, brushed of the fine powder which had accumulated around his body and ducked behind a corner where he listened intently. Before long Al picked up a softer, more frequently sounding pair of footsteps which appeared to be struggling to keep up with the other pair. "Mummy, what is it!" the voice sounds frantic and Al peeks around the corner, a small boy with watery eyes tugged his mothers trouser leg she was clearly in a rush and looked scared half to death, she clutched a red card in one hand.

Mumbling incoherently something along the lines of "be calm" the lady glanced around nervously, spotting what she appeared to be looking for the woman quickly runs to a console embedded within the wall leaving her child to catch up. Al started to breath heavily, something's gone horribly wrong was all the tense creature could think as he continued to watch the scene unfold. Holding the card in a shaking hand the mysterious figure aggressively thrusts towards a slot in the machine like a drunk woman, three attempts later the card is in and she begins hopping from foot to foot waiting nervously, the machine beeps and then in response tears start running down her face "Shit! Fuck! Why did this have to happen! Fuck! Why me?". Burrowing her head into her hands and sobbing uncontrollably she weeps and then suddenly grabs her son, holds him close and utters "I just want you to know that there are no words I can use how much I love you..." "Mummy? What is it?"

Those last word however fell on deaf ears for the mysterious lady was now a corpse resting at the feet of a child, Al found himself frozen to the spot, after a full minute of just staring in shock he glanced at the console screen which displayed the words "request denied", he then glanced at the red card which had fallen onto the floor and then to the child who met his eye.

What was he supposed to do now?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:24:59 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

squiggles5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 05:59:07 am »

Have Puss jump down and keep trying to seperate the train carriages while weevil defends him but stays on there compartment, that way they'll roll back down the track and be able to escape. then for Al I don't knw, maybe check over the card for a clue

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wake: Sequence 1 [locked]
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 03:02:47 pm »

Well there seems to be no interest in this RP so regrettably I'm locking it.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!