Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

"One shot Dead Space 2" : A Blind Zealot Ironman in one sitting

(1/19) > >>

Stworca:
Did you read the video tittle correctly? Yes! That is if you didn't forget to wear your glasses.

Dead Space 2 had 5 difficulty levels. Casual, Normal, Survivalist, Zealot and Hardcore respectively. With "Hardcore" being as tough as Survivalist, but with only 3 save games and no checkpoints.

Zealot is supposedly more difficult than Survivalist (enemies doing more damage and so on) but unlike Hardcore it has endless save games and checkpoints.

There are many playthroughs of Hardcore, but there isn't a single Zealot Ironman out there. Join me as i make an attempt to change that. One sitting (no saving, at all), One life (we die, it's over), Blind (i didn't ever play it past the "security lockdown" room) Zealot (before health upgrades, 90% of enemies can one-hit you.)

Join me, as my already simple vocabulary gets pounded down - by exhaustion, helplessness and rage - into nothing more than grunting and swearing. Even though i do not care how old are you, neither this game, nor my commentary are rated "PG-13".
They are, of course, rated "E" for "Everyone"

Part 1 of... not as many as i thought : Humble Beginnings.
Part 2 of... more than 1 : Plasma Quad & Timmy Tripod.
Part 3 of... 3? Perhaps more! : Hangin' out in the metro
Part 4 of 4 or more : Church of Scientology
Part 5 of... who knows.. maybe we died in video 1. You won't know until you watch! : ICU
Part 6 of many, as even if we die the parts will be going on : Quicktime 101
Part 7 : Survivor
Part 8 : That fucking elevator...!
Part 9 : Watchman Philips
Part 10 : Your RIG is red...
Part 11 : Plot protecting glass
Part 12 : Art is an explosion
Part 13 : USG Ishimura
Part 14 : Medbay, round 4
Part 15 : Isaac + Shuttle = Puppy Hiroshima
Part 16 : Nolan Stross
Part 17 : Open your mouth and say "Aaaa"
Part 18 : Ellie Langford
Part 19 : Stick a needle in your eye
Part 20 : Hoo-FUCKING-rah (End)

Yes, the entire attempt was already recorded.
No, i will not spoil when i've died.

USEC_OFFICER:
Posting to watch. Also, I'm guessing that you died in part... eight or eleven. Less than fifteen for sure.

kaian-a-coel:
I never played Dead Space, since I'm more or less a coward, so I'll bet you died before part 8. Money on part five.

Zako:
Scary games can be really great to play if they are well designed. Dead Space is one of these, and once you start getting used to the shock, you start getting sucked into the atmosphere of the game and really get immersed into it. Amnesia: Dark Descent is the KING of atmosphere in horror games, and was following a bit in the footsteps of games like Bioshock and System Shock 2 when relying mainly on atmosphere to bring tension to the player.

They are great games, you really should at least give them a go! And once you beat them, you'll feel REALLY good about yourself for having gone through with it. I know I did when I finally managed to finished Amnesia after quitting for awhile after I reached the jail level. That place scared the shit out of me!

Korbac:
I'm betting that Srworca didn't die at all. He is invincible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version