Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Fail at Caves of Qud! (And others)  (Read 1424 times)

AllThingsLive

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn, I'm a sexy bitch!
    • View Profile
Let's Fail at Caves of Qud! (And others)
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:14:38 pm »

I've tried making Dwarf Fortress tutorials before and found that at the time I was too immature, nervous, and all around stupid to try and explain the most complex game ever to people online. About a year later, here I am, trying my hand at YouTube all over again, this time with a different roguelike. My goal with these is to :
1. Entertain, of course.
2. Learn to speak well. I think of myself as a bad speaker and if you can become good at Let's Plays, aka, having a conversation with someone who can't respond immediately, then you're probably a pretty interesting/fluid speaker.
3. Spread my joy for roguelikes!
My first few dozen videos are going to be pretty rough, but I'm going to be sticking with it no matter what the stupid shit I say, and eventually I think I'll be a pretty good commentator :D. I think the trick is just getting really comfortable with it and trying to not sound fake and be 100% yourself like in a real conversation, which is why I sing at the beginning. I feel like that relieves a lot of tension.

(I know that all sounded really nerdy, but I'm only like that when writing stuff out. My commentary isn't like this, haha.)

By the way, does anyone know if me playing songs in the background will get me in trouble with copyright? I don't have ads on my video and don't plan on ever adding then, but still, YouTube gets pissy sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:10:34 pm by AllThingsLive »
If you haven't already, you MUST listen to the Joe Rogan Experience : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Fail at Caves of Qud! (And others)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 04:21:01 am »

I've seen obscure stuff get through fine.
Hello Hunam