Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you play LCS  (Read 4160 times)

Keigan

• Bay Watcher
  • Death or Liberal
    • View Profile
How do you play LCS
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:43:29 am »

I just want to know some good starting Tatics since ive been playing for a year now and my tatics aint that greant i only ever beat the game once :'( Please post
- A Fat Liberal

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do you play LCS
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 11:49:45 am »

The strategy that I almost always find myself eventually gravitating towards is recruiting liberal judges with 10 heart, intelligence and charisma (easier than it sounds); teach them political activism for the art, street sense, persuasion and law; and have them drown the town in graffiti. If they get spotted by a single cop, throw away the spraycan and debate the cop into liberalism. More than one cop means they give up and plead guilty at the trial, being let off with a warning; or, if death penalty is C+, defend themselves which should be easy for them.

Their teacher, who is usually the founder, raises his own law and persuasion by over-discussing politics with the judge recruits-to-be, and the street sense by carspotting, which is to look for a car to steal and leave right after one is found.

Spraypainting eventually brings the GraffitiJudges up to 100+ Juice, whereupon they can group up to find undefended radio- and television personalities, talk them into liberalism and recruit as sleepers to keep the media influence down. After that, it's usually just a matter of holding down 'W' until I win.

In case of Nightmare mode, the only difference is getting rid of the death squads, which is done by stealthily looting the police station for publishable stuff until Police Regulation moves away from C+.

Keigan

• Bay Watcher
  • Death or Liberal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 02:16:47 pm »

Im ganna try this thanks bro
- A Fat Liberal

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:09:00 pm »

I usually just hack n' write.

JDRingo

• Bay Watcher
  • If the cops ask, I'm a lumberjack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:58:43 am »

I like to find about five people with high INT(two of them with decent CHA as well for later) and use them to make me money through tailoring. After that I take my two charimatic recruits to the park to look for athletes and dancers. After I have a couple of them talking to me I send my three recruiters off to do some illegal stuff to get their juice up. Then, after every has some leadership slots, we welcome the dancers and athletes in. At which point my two recruiters go back to making expensive suits, and my founder and the new recruits go out to raise hell in a very liberal way.

(Athletes:always 10 health, agility, strength; Dancers:always 10 health, agility)
"Armok, the God of Blood, is just about the only constant in these chaotic random universes. A general sense of conflict keeps Armok appeased - when the universe becomes too boring it is set on the anvil of creation to be reforged."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 04:41:44 pm »

Get into fistfights to raise my dodging skill. Then go around with a sword.

Pretty soon I'm hacking apart S.W.A.T. teams with a Katana.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 11:57:27 pm »

Grab a few liberals, head down to the gunshop and sell the starter-bug.

Grab AK-47s, go to the army base.

"HEY, CONSERVATOIRE SWINE. DEFEND THIS BITCHES. BADADADADADADADADADADADDADADAADA." and repeat with every possible area until I am the ingame equal of the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then, once I got my bloodlust over with, I go out and rescue fwuffy bunnies and slaves. And take out the police station.

Lawl, conservative isnt in my computer's dictionary.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:03:16 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

DarkDestinySoul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 03:27:33 am »

How ever you play it should go better than my last attempt, my founder and 4/5 squad members were sentenced to death in court my last guy died trying to save them so I had to wait 24 years while a guy who got 2 limbs shot of and was jailed for 28 year was released from jail, except he got sent through Conservative re-education...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 03:31:30 am »

I usually like playing solo, with either a katana or unarmed.  Build up skill to ungodly proportions, get max juice, kill a conservative in EVERY building to increase public attention on that particular issue.

I also use the "Do public service" or whatever it's called to completely remove any heat.  VERY useful. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:18:20 pm »

I've been feeling out the game, and learning what seems to work alright and what doesn't for me...

I like to split like bacteria at first, until I can get lots of extra people.

I like a full squad of 6 doing clothing, and a spare dude in a separate squad to occasionally run it down to the pawn shop, living in the same place where nobody but clothing people go.

As I'm gaining juice with my mass of untrained followers by freeing bunnies etc:

My elite squad, one or two or three characters, is going around training skills, or going to school training skills. They each focus if possible in different teaching modes, but all learn teacher.

I'll usually teach all noobs en mass in the sneaky skills, which luckily includes my biggest cash cow, clothing, so after juicing some noobs up to what I label "intermediate" (between noob and elite), they mostly go do their own thing.

Either they go into clothing manufacture constantly in order to turn mad money...

Or they go around stirring sh**, usually in the form of freeing bunnies and later prisoners, but anything I can do anywhere else for a while to shift opinion helps.

I move sh**-disturber squads around after I notice some heat, but keep them away from learning apartments and clothing apartments, which I like to put downtown once my clothing industry turns out tens of thousands of dollars per flush of expensive suits.

Yes, tens of thousands of dollars per flush. You juice up your clothier squad to gain them extra skill potential, so their tailoring skill can go up higher and higher until you get perfect quality expensive suits, x6 every day, or even have an extra squad of them churning out even more.

Hardest skills to train seem to be fighting skills. There's always that risk of dying by doing something too risky.

That's why so far I've usually relied on being really sneaky... If I can give up, I will, and I'll have money to pay for an ace lawyer because of my undisturbed clothing industry on the side.

I'll also have full upgrades for my bases and vehicles for everyone because that clothing is so profitable.

Oh and I like to have 2 writers for some reason. Helps all the sh**-disturbing make a difference in public opinion. I've gotten as far as elections turning in more and more liberals every year.

And I can agree with getting sleepers in the justice system. I seduce them, but it can be hard to find willing partners after your seducer has too many. :P Spreading them out monogamously could help...

I focus on sneaking around instead of shooting the place up. I suppose I could try a violent gang style game some time, start with 4 armed guards. Could start by juicing them up. But I'd STILL be tempted to accomplish that with sneaky skills.

It's really hard to write the main points of the way I like to do things in this game, in an organized fashion...

My squad types:
Elite/Teachers (Giving everybody awesome skills, and of course disturbing the most impressive sh**)
Sh**-Disturbers/Intermediate (Active opinion influence, backup elites incase of deaths)
Writers (Passive opinion influence, get some sh**-disturber experience for juice -> higher skill max)
Clothing Squads ($$$$$, pre-experience program as above, retire into permanent clothing duty)

Haven't figured out how to take advantage of heirarchy to avoid losing lots of dudes to one death, but next time around I intend to arrange so that my most inactive, out of the way characters are the heighest up, with those who could die being more recent, which would require training up noobs as the new teachers/false leaders, then starting a new chain of command from there. If there are deaths, then I've got a backup set of squads ready to reproduce and train.
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 11:13:48 pm »

Now delving into interrogation. Gained some psychology skill converting a prison guard as a sleeper.

I tried this combination:
Don't restrain them (who cares if they escape?)
Give them drugs
Pair the drugs with something that gets bonuses from the drugs (see wiki)
Always spend money on that extra prop
Don't bother beating

Seem to be gaining psychology fast from nearly nothing, with my current leader, who will go on to teach after some practice with kidnappings... Maybe kidnap someone with good weapon skills and teach them to be a future replacement, and reciprocate by teaching weapons skills back (practicing the teaching skill in the process)
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 07:14:25 am »

A thought just came to my mind... Start with the beetle... and sell it. $4007 starting money I've got. ;)

Edit: And now I've started to use hacking as my main juice gain... As long as I've got loads of clothing cash to spend on lawyers, I can pump everyone up to 200 juice and then give them clean records through the courts.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:19:04 am by Tabbyman »

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 08:22:15 pm »

On a side note, I've done two complete playthroughs victoriously, and suddenly my main boss-man recruiter starts failing at interviews. The "enjoyed conversation" grey text pops up, none of the happy "insightful yadayada"... cramping my style of man-spamming the third game.

Y'all run into this?

My first time through I just did what ^ did and made tons of clothes for cash. Very handy.

Teh Barple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 09:47:18 pm »

i play with my fingers